Author Topic: School Reunion - Class of 1981 (Ireland-Trying to find someone who may be in UK)  (Read 234 times)

Offline ballyheeragh

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Hi,
Apologies if this post is inappropriate (I dont want to be banned from this site!) or in the wrong place on the site.  We've got a 40th anniversary of our Leaving Cert Class to celebrate in late September 2021 - West of Ireland boarding school that drew pupils from neighbouring counties and further afield.   

We've had a lot of success tracing the majority of the group, but a handful are eluding us.  One of the elusive students was born in the UK (England most likely) and his parents probably came to Ireland to work (dont think he had local family connections etc.) and its possible that the gentleman in question returned to the UK after leaving school - it's highly likely that he attended university as he was consistently in the top two or three students in his class. 

So far, I've tried google searches, LinkedIn, Facebook with no success - lots of people in our age bracket (56-58 years) wouldn't be active on social media. 

As indicated above, the UK (England) is the most likely place to search.  I've no idea if there are mechanisms to find a living person in the UK - electoral lists, professional directories, lists of graduates from universities etc that can be accessed online. 

We're starting to run out of time, so any help would be appreciated.

Thanks very much.

Ballyheeragh

Offline CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
Re: School Reunion - Class of 1981 (Ireland-Trying to find someone who may be in UK)
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 31 August 21 16:13 BST (UK) »
As you haven't give his name etc you have not breached any RC rules😊

www.192.com is an Electoral Register search from 2002 but if he has opted out of the open register you won't find him

If he has a landline & is a BT customer you may find him using the phone directory at
www.the phonebook.com

You may also have to check whether he has died.  Send me a pm with his details & I will have a look for you
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)