Author Topic: Death Cert  (Read 2691 times)

Offline Rosinish

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • PASSED & PAST
    • View Profile
Re: Death Cert
« Reply #27 on: Saturday 14 May 22 01:12 BST (UK) »
From reply 4

Birth
Candice L Job
Jun 1959 Islington
5C 1352
mmn Furneaux
Deaths
Candice L Job age 1
Jun 1961 Islington
5C 907
and
Candice L Travi age 1
Jun 1961 Islington
5C 907

Job/Furneaux marriage 1953 Stoke Newington...http://www.rootschat.com/links/01rji/

Could that birth (possibly the result of an affair) have been what affected Dorothy in reality?

Annie
South Uist, Inverness-shire, Scotland:- Bowie, Campbell, Cumming, Currie

Ireland:- Cullen, Flannigan (Derry), Donahoe/Donaghue (variants) (Cork), McCrate (Tipperary), Mellon, Tol(l)and (Donegal & Tyrone)

Newcastle-on-Tyne/Durham (Northumberland):- Harrison, Jude, Kemp, Lunn, Mellon, Robson, Stirling

Kettering, Northampton:- MacKinnon

Canada:- Callaghan, Cumming, MacPhee

"OLD GENEALOGISTS NEVER DIE - THEY JUST LOSE THEIR CENSUS"

Offline reflector

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Sunday 15 May 22 13:29 BST (UK) »
Thank you all for your replies most l already have but Monical thankyou that is the birth l have but most of all that death really does look like to right one d.o.b and age wished l had asked you before would have saved a lot of time and money sending for cert today , l just want to give Irene some closure.
Thank you so much will let you know if you have cracked it.

Sandra
Travi
Clark London/Hertfordshire
Dilley London
Trout Devon
Wickert london/Germany
Rowe Devon/London

Offline MonicaL

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Girl with firewood, Morar 1910 - MEM Donaldson
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Sunday 15 May 22 14:50 BST (UK) »
Please let us know how it goes  :) As Annie says, we all hope your friend is able to find the details she needs regarding her mum.

As you mentioned, the next stage will be to find her burial. She may also have been cremated? Perhaps when you have confirmed that it is the correct death for Dorothy May and date of death, you could approach the local council's bereavement department and make enquiries about burial/cremation registers for those dates.

Monica
Census information Crown Copyright, www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Ruskie

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Monday 16 May 22 07:34 BST (UK) »
I realise these records are closed for some time yet, but as they relate to your cousin’s mother she may be able to get permission to access them:
https://www.essexarchivesonline.co.uk/Result_Details.aspx?DocID=992333

Have you contacted any of the holders of these records to enquire? You may need to be assertive.

It seems unfair that these sorts of records may be closed until after the deaths of children who may wish to obtain parent’s records. Depending on the reason for their admission it could be something which is useful to know if it may affects later generations as some things are passed on.

Offline Guy Etchells

• Deceased † Rest In Peace
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Monday 16 May 22 10:14 BST (UK) »
I realise these records are closed for some time yet, but as they relate to your cousin’s mother she may be able to get permission to access them:
https://www.essexarchivesonline.co.uk/Result_Details.aspx?DocID=992333

Have you contacted any of the holders of these records to enquire? You may need to be assertive.

It seems unfair that these sorts of records may be closed until after the deaths of children who may wish to obtain parent’s records. Depending on the reason for their admission it could be something which is useful to know if it may affects later generations as some things are passed on.
It is actually unlawful for the archive to keep those records closed to the deceased patients children under the Human Rights Act 1998 Articles 7 & 10.
Article 10 states "This right shall include freedom to hold opinions and to receive and impart information and ideas without interference by public authority and regardless of frontiers."

It would be different if the lady's mother was alive as then her rights would have to be taken into account but as she is (I believe) deceased that does not apply.

If it is not possible to view the information without revealing information about other living patients the archive must provide a redacted copy or transcribed copy or allow the lady to copy the information herself.
Cheers
Guy
http://anguline.co.uk/Framland/index.htm   The site that gives you facts not promises!
http://burial-inscriptions.co.uk Tombstones & Monumental Inscriptions.

As we have gained from the past, we owe the future a debt, which we pay by sharing today.

Offline reflector

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Monday 16 May 22 10:35 BST (UK) »
I have been in touch with Essex Records office and they cannot open the Asylum records and advised me to write to Hospital Records at Basildon , l have done this twice and put in SAE but no reply when l did phone they said because of covid they are very busy and will get to the letter eventually that was in Feb so not holding out a lot of hope but will see what the death sert has to say and maybe take it from there. It does seem strange that we will be looking forward to going to Dorothy's grave or resting place but once again it closure for my cousin and l also hope that the family l think is Dorothy's is correct and maybe Irene will meet someone who knew her mother. I also realise how wicked her stepmother was for telling her that her mother was dead when she was about 8/9 but as a child myself l did not like the woman i am 6 years older than Irene. Fingers crossed all will be well in the end.
Travi
Dilley London
Trout Devon
Wickert london/Germany
Rowe Devon/London

Offline Ruskie

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: Monday 16 May 22 13:21 BST (UK) »
Reflector, I think you need Guy on your case to get hold of those records. He won’t take no for an answer, and rightly so. ;D

On a serious note, persist in chasing them up, and best of luck to you and Irene.

Offline reflector

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: Friday 10 June 22 10:38 BST (UK) »
update on Dorothy May Travi, thankyou Monical l did send for that Death Cert and the Name Trair is actually on cert but everything else on the cert matches research l have done , l am so pleased l have been following the right family and also had match DNA for Irene her 2nd great-aunts line distant but the right family had taken a risk on following this family as had very little to go on and guess work.
The thing that amazes me is that the actual death cert has the wrong name and surely Henry Travi must have shown this to prove he was a widower very strange. Dorothy did die in Severalls Hospital which was a mental hospital at the time but no longer there suprise suprise a housing estate. The good thing is death described amongst other things Schizophrenia so not Irene fault. We are now going to look for burial and my niece has just moved to Finchingfield and has spoken to the priest who said he would look it up for her once we have death cert. I also wrote to last known address of mother some weeks ago but no reply sae enclosed and return address on envelope but nothing as yet , but thank you all once again and will keep you updated .
Travi
Dilley London
Trout Devon
Wickert london/Germany
Rowe Devon/London

Offline Annie65115

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • HOLYLAND regd with guild of one name studies
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: Friday 10 June 22 10:55 BST (UK) »
I'm glad that the ends are coming together. but I just wanted to say that whatever the reason for Dorothy's illness, it would never have been Irene's "fault"; I really hope that she hasn't been made to believe the opposite!
Bradbury (Sedgeley, Bilston, Warrington)
Cooper (Sedgeley, Bilston)
Kilner/Kilmer (Leic, Notts)
Greenfield (Liverpool)
Holyland (Anywhere and everywhere, also Holiland Holliland Hollyland)
Pryce/Price (Welshpool, Liverpool)
Rawson (Leicester)
Upton (Desford, Leics)
Partrick (Vera and George, Leicester)
Marshall (Westmorland, Cheshire/Leicester)