Author Topic: births and deaths 1895 - 1904  (Read 652 times)

Offline HughC

• RootsChat Veteran
  • et patribus et posteritati
    • View Profile
births and deaths 1895 - 1904
« on: Wednesday 08 September 21 13:34 BST (UK) »
Does anyone have access to births and deaths in South Africa (or possibly baptisms and burials)?

I thought the FamilySearch web site might help, but it no longer recognizes my browser, and I'm reluctant to update as I think recent versions are incompatible with Windows XP.

I'm looking for three children of (Charles) Crawford Lindesay:
Frances Mabel Amy, b. 10 Oct. 1895, d. 5 Oct. 1896
Robert Noel, b. 25 Dec. 1897, is thought to have d. in 1900
Edith Ethel, thought to have been b. 1902 and d. 1904 (perhaps in Rhodesia).

As you see, I have some dates but no places.
Bagwell of Kilmore & Lisronagh, Co. Tipperary;  Beatty from Enniskillen;  Brown from Preston, Lancs.;  Burke of Ballydugan, Co. Galway;  Casement in the IoM and Co. Antrim;  Davison of Knockboy, Broughshane;  Frobisher;  Guillemard;  Harrison in Co. Antrim and Dublin;  Jones around Burton Pedwardine, Lincs.;  Lindesay of Loughry;  Newcomen of Camlagh, Co. Roscommon;  Shield;  Watson from Kidderminster;  Wilkinson from Leeds

Offline Kinsy

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: births and deaths 1895 - 1904
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 08 September 21 19:14 BST (UK) »
PDFs of Frances & Robert deaths attached

Offline HughC

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 08 September 21 20:11 BST (UK) »
Many thanks, Kinsy.

I don't think that Robert is one of mine, though: about half a century too late!
Bagwell of Kilmore & Lisronagh, Co. Tipperary;  Beatty from Enniskillen;  Brown from Preston, Lancs.;  Burke of Ballydugan, Co. Galway;  Casement in the IoM and Co. Antrim;  Davison of Knockboy, Broughshane;  Frobisher;  Guillemard;  Harrison in Co. Antrim and Dublin;  Jones around Burton Pedwardine, Lincs.;  Lindesay of Loughry;  Newcomen of Camlagh, Co. Roscommon;  Shield;  Watson from Kidderminster;  Wilkinson from Leeds

Offline Kinsy

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 08 September 21 20:38 BST (UK) »
PDFs of baptisms for Frances and another son Hugh
Also, in case you don't have it, Charles & Amy marriage - and his 2nd marriage to Ethel in the next post.

Offline Kinsy

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday 08 September 21 20:39 BST (UK) »
Charles & Ethel marriage

Offline HughC

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Thursday 09 September 21 06:58 BST (UK) »
Splendid detective work, Kinsy.  I'm most grateful.

I didn't think it was the right Robert, but now see that what I read as age six years is in fact fifty-six.

Presumably the "died 1900" that came down to me was a corruption of "died after 1900",
meaning that contact was lost after the divorce from Amy.
And perhaps on admission to hospital he gave his name verbally, and it was written down with incorrect spelling.