Author Topic: Huttons of greenside Edinburgh  (Read 604 times)

Offline Nzinga8

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Huttons of greenside Edinburgh
« Reply #36 on: Tuesday 14 September 21 10:19 BST (UK) »
David Hutton (John and maggies son) died in Belfast when he was around 20yrs old. He is also in the same grave as his parents and two other children (they were both babies when they died) the two babies in the grave are my mums aunts. Well at least we think they are as they have the name Manson and Perry.

Offline Nzinga8

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: Tuesday 14 September 21 10:21 BST (UK) »
Neale1961 Blimey are we related? It seems you have had as much trouble as I have lol.

Offline Nzinga8

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: Tuesday 14 September 21 10:26 BST (UK) »
Monica you are an absolute star! Thank you so much. Bellshill is not too far from where they were living in Wishaw. Alexander Hutton was one of the names I matched with on dna so I’m on the right track now thanks to you. Wow! I’m starting to think I should have posted this sooner.

Thank you to everyone who has commented and shared info, you don’t realise how much I appreciate this.
My mums parents died when she was young and we didn’t have any contact with this side of the family so no stories to be carried down. You folks are amazing.

Offline Maiden Stone

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: Tuesday 14 September 21 13:40 BST (UK) »

John's 1915 death reg https://civilrecords.irishgenealogy.ie/churchrecords/images/deaths_returns/deaths_1915/05283/4467968.pdf

I can't see Margaret's death on there with the details you gave (1929, aged 64).

Margaret's death was after the Partition of Ireland so registration won't be on there.
BMD registrations after 1st January 1922 are at the General Registry Office of Northern Ireland.
Explanation here:
https://www.irish-genealogy-toolkit.com/Northern-Ireland-civil-registration.html
Irish Genealogy Toolkit is a very good guide to Irish family history research. It has frequent updates.
Cowban

Offline Nzinga8

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: Tuesday 14 September 21 14:00 BST (UK) »
Belfast city have the burial records online and when you press on the grave section it also shows who else is in the grave, Margaret Hutton aged 64 was buried on 6/3/1929 died 4/3/1929. It also gives the address as 100 Lord street Belfast. My gran was born at 102 Lord street Belfast.

Offline Kiltaglassan

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • 'She was fine when she left here'
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: Tuesday 14 September 21 14:10 BST (UK) »

Margaret & John Hutton's grave in Dundonald Cemetery.
https://dof.belfastcity.gov.uk/burialsearch/BurialSearch.aspx?GraveSection=F5&GraveNumber=811&CemeteryName=Dundonald%20Cemetery

From GRONI online https://geni.nidirect.gov.uk/
D/1929/58/1007/39/14   Margaret Hutton   4th March 1929       64     Female      Belfast

KG

Researching: Cuthbertson – Co. Derry, Scotland & Australia; Hunter – Co. Derry; Jackson – Co. Derry, Scotland & Canada; Scott – Co. Derry; Neilly – Co. Antrim & USA; McCurdy – Co. Antrim; Nixon – Co. Cavan, Co. Donegal, Canada & USA; Ryan & Noble – Co. Sligo

Offline Nzinga8

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: Tuesday 14 September 21 19:30 BST (UK) »
Yes that’s the one. It was this website that we found my gran and great grandmas burial place. Such an amazing site for info.

Offline Neale1961

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: Wednesday 15 September 21 02:54 BST (UK) »
Just adding a bit for the son Hugh, born in England

Birth Registration:
TELFER, HUGH  HAMMIL                 mother: HAMMIL 
GRO Reference: 1883  D Quarter in SOUTH STONEHAM 
Volume 02C  Page 56

Hugh, age 18, occupation blacksmith, Attested 21st Jan 1902 Belfast, & joined the Royal Irish Fusiliers, Number 7402
There is a small file on Ancestry – He was in trouble for desertion 18th April 1902.
Milligan - Jardine – Glencross – Dinwoodie - Brown: (Dumfriesshire & Kirkcudbrightshire)
Clark – Faulds – Cuthbertson – Bryson – Wilson: (Ayrshire & Renfrewshire)
Neale – Cater – Kinder - Harrison: (Warwickshire & Queensland)
Roberts - Spry: (Cornwall, Middlesex & Queensland)
Munster: (Schleswig-Holstein & Queensland) and Plate: (Braunschweig, Neubruck & Queensland)