Author Topic: Diary > Summary - Week ending 19th September  (Read 3321 times)

Online louisa maud

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Diary > Summary - Week ending 19th September
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday 15 September 21 11:43 BST (UK) »
Got  a  real  dilemma,  got 6  cousins visiting   me  next  week, 2  from  Essex
 and  4  from Middlesex , one  lot  arriving  at noon, the other  about 2 ish, I  am in  a dilemma as to arrange eating,  can  feed the  noon ones early or wait  till the  others  arrive and all eat together, decisions,  decisions , I  was  originally thinking  of all eating  out, think  I ought to  make a  few phone  calls.

Louisa  Maud
Census information is Crown Copyright,
from  www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Granath Sweden and London
Garner, Marylebone Paddington  Northolt Ilford
Garner, Devon
Garner New Zealand
Maddieson
Parkinson St Pancras,
Jenkins Marylebone Paddington
Mizon/Mison/Myson Paddington
Tindal Marylebone Paddington
Tocock, (name changed to Ellis) London
Southam Marylebone, Paddington
Bragg Lambeth 1800's
Edermaniger(Maniger) Essex Kent Canada (Toronto)
Coveney Kent Lambeth
Sondes kent and London

Offline Roobarb

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Looking for that elusive branch!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday 15 September 21 12:56 BST (UK) »
Couldn't you prepare some cold food and just serve it as and when they arrive? If you wait for the second lot and they are delayed you might all be starving by the time they arrive !
Bell, Salter, Street - Devon, Middlesbrough.
Lickess- North Yorkshire, Middlesbrough.
Etherington - North Yorks and Durham.
Barker- North Yorks
Crooks- Durham
Forster- North Yorks/Durham
Newsam, Pattison, Proud - North Yorks.
Timothy, Griffiths, Jones - South Wales

Online louisa maud

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday 15 September 21 13:41 BST (UK) »
That  is  my  thinking, did  think  of  taking the  early  ones  our for  a  meal and  do a big afternoon tea  about 4 ish for  the  late comers to  include
all of  us,  I  am  sure  it  will all be  OK, they  are  cousins so  I  am  sure  they  will all fit in, just   me  getting anxious

LM

Garner, Devon
Garner New Zealand
Maddieson
Parkinson St Pancras,
Bragg Lambeth 1800's
Coveney Kent Lambeth
Sondes kent and London

Online Viktoria

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Wednesday 15 September 21 14:22 BST (UK) »
It is so long now since I played hostess ,I owe my sister in law and niece a visit,believe it or not their Christmas presents from 2019 and 2020 are still here !
Her daughter is vegetarian and diabetic —- so rather limiting, I don’t think it fair to not consider her requirements.
She will tuck in ,seconds even if I put things like trifles and chocolate cakes on the table.
She will eat chicken though-?.? and cheese and fish but not sure about say a salmon steak .No beef, pork, lamb .
More choice for her if I do a selection so she can choose without fuss.
But dessert!
Whatever it will be lovely to see her and her mother ,who is my husband’s sister and was my bridesmaid.
Well —- photographs all sorted, stored in a reasonably logical order ,it is just that I have a sneaky feeling they will all be whizzed.
My fond  hope is my children  and grandchildren will sit and Wade through them all, look at their own drawings, letters to Father Christmas , to Daddy when he was away for work - his to them etc .
Their milk teeth ,snips of hair ——-
Fat chance!
My daughter is ruthless ,I swear she throws away Birthday cards before the date.!

Nice bright day ,not cold but fresh.
Hope everyone is well .
Cheerio .Viktoria.

Online louisa maud

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Wednesday 15 September 21 14:57 BST (UK) »
I  have  visions  of  a  skip  outside  when  our  daughter has to clear  out our house, I  have cards from her and  the  grandchildren for  years, plus sympathy  cards and  letters  when  my parents died,  I  am  sure  my  son  in  law  won't want to  look at them ,oh yes, and a   big  box  of  letters  my  husband sent to me whilst  we were  "courting" , we saw  each other  twice a  week because  of the distance and we each wrote  in between, he threw  my  letters  to  him away   probably  just  before we  got married, well my daughter  my  like a laugh..
Not  started  on photographs  yet.

LM

Garner, Devon
Garner New Zealand
Maddieson
Parkinson St Pancras,
Bragg Lambeth 1800's
Coveney Kent Lambeth
Sondes kent and London

Online Pheno

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Wednesday 15 September 21 16:12 BST (UK) »

Her daughter is vegetarian and diabetic —- so rather limiting, I don’t think it fair to not consider her requirements.
She will tuck in ,seconds even if I put things like trifles and chocolate cakes on the table.

Cheerio .Viktoria.

Can't speak about vegetarian options but being diabetic I can about the desserts.  Providing she is Type 2 provide the cake etc (dont worry about alternative - most of us are not willing to take a chance on desserts containing sweeteners due to their digestive effects) and let her decide whether to abstain or tuck in.  I don't like my diet to be limited by other people and am often so sick of it that I look forward to a meal out as a way to break out of the routine and I can eat real food. 

My mantra is 'its not what you eat occasionally but what you eat all the time that does the damage'

Pheno
Austin/Austen - Sussex & London
Bond - Berkshire & London
Bishop - Sussex & Kent
Holland - Essex
Nevitt - Cheshire & Staffordshire
Wray - Yorkshire

Offline BushInn1746

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • My Family's Links 19th Cent
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Wednesday 15 September 21 17:47 BST (UK) »
Thinking of that Chardonnay Roobarb, I opened a bottle of Sherry I've had since 2019, but only a splash in the glass you might say.

Watched Last Night of the Proms too, Viktoria. I do hope they find out your Son's health problem.

Caroline, been doing some family research too. I've found some colour images recently put online by a subscription site and thought to relate to a witness James Cockin present at an 1815 Marriage of my George Hood and Sarah Russell ancestors. George Hood was buried by the Quakers at Selby, Yorkshire, England in 1845 as a "Not in Membership" (family burials held in the Leeds University Special Collections).

The 1802 Baptism at Armthorpe of John son of James Cockin & Mary Turr (who left her mark at their 1791 Thorne, Yorkshire marriage) 6th child gives the child's Parents and Grandparents in detail with residence places and with their earlier baptisms at Thorne also confirms their family surname as Torr and have traced him back to a John Torr and Ann Mowbray, at Hatfield, Yorkshire and also James Father to a James Cockin and Mary Gervis / Jervis 1755 Marriage at Barnby Dunn, Yorkshire.

The Torr surname, also crops up with Tabitha Torr a Quaker born Scrooby, Yorkshire 1730 to a Jaboel Torr and Patience, under the Balby, Tickhill, Blyth, Quaker Monthly Meeting and Tabitha Torr is linked to a witness at a 1794 Maudland Hood of Selby Marriage who seems to be my Ancestor's half Sister.

However, I can't link the two above Torr families directly, except that they go back to the same area of South Yorkshire.

Louisa, my parents had no siblings, so I don't have a big enough family to arrive here in 'installments'.

Trystan, weekly food shopping last three weeks, mask wearers were in the minority, but over 200 Covid deaths today confirms it is still here.

Take care all, Mark 😷

Online Viktoria

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Wednesday 15 September 21 17:52 BST (UK) »
Well she is in her fifties, has done amazingly well re weight loss .
As you say there will be alternatives as far as possible but totally up to her.

Make no fuss is the best option , then up to her.
She had Covid 19 and has long Covid now, only at work part time still.
Not sure when she will be OK to come ,she will drive her mother.
We always got on,her Mum and I too.

Seemingly the Kilo is being altered!
Maybe it will be 2lbs —- a very sensible weight ! ::)
Everyone sliming will get a real boost ,so many kilos ,never mind they are few ounces more . ;D ;D ;D ;D

Had to stop my bank card today ,new one in five days.
The hand cream I ordered — the recipient had not let me know it  had arrived, forgivable as he us so busy looking after his Mum.
I phoned the company , who had said originally they were not the right department re posting but gave me the number of their department that did . Today they denied they would do that ,so there I was ,having given my card and security number to I knew not who!
To cut it all short, call to my bank and card  card cancelled and new one on its way .
Then blow me ,the firm who delivered phoned to affirm they had done so and an email also.
The number I was given was a well known courier firm - Hermes
So all is well. Phew, if I had been more patient ——
Then recipient phoned to say thanks and his hands are already improving.

Well, need a hairdresser.
Spoilt for choice ,a good cutter is the most important factor.

Lovely bright day , a quick tea  of bacon, mushrooms and an egg.
Yoghurt for dessert.

Almost weekend again, how the weeks do whizz by.
Drainage work on Tuesday 21st.
Then with a bit of luck I can get to see my friend.

Cheerio everyone .Do look after yourselves and thanks again for  the news .

Viktoria.

Offline candleflame

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Thursday 16 September 21 13:47 BST (UK) »
I’d go for jacket potatoes in the oven which can come out at any time and then a table with salads on. Anything that’s simple and easy is my motto.

We are currently having a new boiler being fitted so we have no access to water or the kitchen which is fine short term, but it always seems to bring on a very strong desire for a cuppa!
North East of England