Author Topic: Diary > Summary - Week ending 19th September  (Read 3388 times)

Online louisa maud

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Diary > Summary - Week ending 19th September
« Reply #18 on: Thursday 16 September 21 14:03 BST (UK) »
That  might  be  a  good idea, have  just  texted  the  late   comers to confirm arrival time, 1  ish  would  be  easier

LM
Census information is Crown Copyright,
from  www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Granath Sweden and London
Garner, Marylebone Paddington  Northolt Ilford
Garner, Devon
Garner New Zealand
Maddieson
Parkinson St Pancras,
Jenkins Marylebone Paddington
Mizon/Mison/Myson Paddington
Tindal Marylebone Paddington
Tocock, (name changed to Ellis) London
Southam Marylebone, Paddington
Bragg Lambeth 1800's
Edermaniger(Maniger) Essex Kent Canada (Toronto)
Coveney Kent Lambeth
Sondes kent and London

Offline mare

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Friday 17 September 21 07:04 BST (UK) »

Best wishes for the big birthday today Caroline :-) cheers to a bit of celebration to acknowledge the date.
Easy one for me to remember, my mum on 17th as well and would be 105 today but sadly not with us since late 1985. Granddaughters have 2 of their great grandmothers born 17th September a year apart.
Son-in-law's maternal gran born year before mum and only been gone 3 years aged 103, living in own home with daughters nearby, doing very well and enjoying family life until her last few weeks.

Usual mix of home and garden tasks to keep me occupied and some paper work and craft. Must say paperwork has been including those puzzles in the free paper delivery but that will come to an end this coming Tuesday, did say my thanks but no thanks to continue with a no contract subscription when they rang again this week, It had been so well timed really and a distraction throughout this lockdown, starting on the same day and hopefully ending with a proposed change in levels.

The one essential shopping trip went really well again, apart from them charging for my few green kiwifruit as gold ones, they've been running the store efficiently though some shelves are now looking and bit lean on a few items or bare in places. Bought all I needed and a good percentage of it was a little under full price but again the total was up from usual, had bought a couple of higher price items and it does add up. Unable to take carrier bags into store at this level, extra handling to get into bags at the car but have now found a parking space to back into under cover with a bit of a concrete ledge to line up bags and makes that a lot easier to load from trolley.

Phone call from daughter in north just after midnight last night, in ED with her little one and letting me know, precautionary advice for check and will need follow up but always a concern and she could see through messenger on phone that light was on for a video call. Little one looked fine but daughter worn out and same this morning on call, allowed to stay over or go home but as she was already disturbed and husband checking on them regularly, decided to leave the hospital at 5am. Thankfully didn't have to go into school this morning and miss 7 was only half an hour late.

Decision today not to move school holidays as mooted by some, students will have missed a fair bit even with the online learning and many parents would have welcomed a change perhaps but know daughter as a teacher has had to prepare some work into the night and needing her holidays too. Two weeks holiday from 2nd October and then start of term 4.

Days are drawing out, changeable Spring weather, gave indoor plants a lovely gentle soaking of rain water outside for a spell while it was calm and mild yesterday.

All the best for entertainment plans etc everyone ...

Offline Roobarb

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Looking for that elusive branch!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Friday 17 September 21 09:18 BST (UK) »
Happy birthday from me too Caroline, hope you have a lovely time.  :-*

Good to hear your news Mare, hope the little one is okay today.
Bell, Salter, Street - Devon, Middlesbrough.
Lickess- North Yorkshire, Middlesbrough.
Etherington - North Yorks and Durham.
Barker- North Yorks
Crooks- Durham
Forster- North Yorks/Durham
Newsam, Pattison, Proud - North Yorks.
Timothy, Griffiths, Jones - South Wales

Offline Viktoria

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Friday 17 September 21 09:26 BST (UK) »
Best wishes Caroline, hope the day is a really nice one for you.
Viktoria.

Online louisa maud

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Friday 17 September 21 10:08 BST (UK) »
Many happy returns Caroline, hope your friends  and family  spoil you,  enjoy  your  day

Louisa  Maud

Garner, Devon
Garner New Zealand
Maddieson
Parkinson St Pancras,
Bragg Lambeth 1800's
Coveney Kent Lambeth
Sondes kent and London

Offline Annette7

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Friday 17 September 21 12:13 BST (UK) »
Happy Birthday, Caroline - hope you have a wonderful day.

Returned home Monday evening from a 3 day trip to Norfolk.  Weather good and we had a lovely time. First night there we booked a table at the local hostelry (Red Lion, Draycott) which we thoroughly enjoyed, so much so that as Sunday's carvery was only £11.95 for 2 courses we booked a table for that night too.  Couldn't fault anything.

Sunday we went on a prebooked tour of Holkham Hall - the grounds were fabulous as was the house. There was an American in our party being shown round and after every talk from our guide as we moved rooms he asked the most stupid questions.   

Monday we went to Horsey to the sandy beach to do some seal watching.  Lots of them bobbing around in the sea.  Prior to that we stopped for a coffee at the local cafe - Poppylands - which is 1940's theme.   Like stepping back in time (except I wasn't born then). 

Then we headed for Wroxham where we spent the afternoon and a picnic by the water.

Had done a lot of walking which haven't done much of during the pandemic so body ached a bit on Tuesday.

Usual kind of week since Monday (other than flu jab Wednesday) except that today I am going to see the twins.

Hope you all have a good weekend.

Annette 

Scopes (One-Name Study - Worldwide)
Suffolk - Grist, Knights, Bullenthorpe, Watcham
Scotland - Spence, Horne, Cowan, Moffat
London -  Monk

Don't walk behind me, I may not lead.   Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow.   Just walk beside me and be my friend.

Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Caw1

• RootsChat Senior
  • Joyce Irene Harriss 1920 - 2011
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Saturday 18 September 21 00:37 BST (UK) »
Thanks everyone for your good wishes… it’s certainly been a full on day…

Starting with being brought a cuppa in bed along with all my cards!
A FaceTime with my wonderful Son in Brisbane so sad they couldn’t get home to join the celebrations 😢 but as they’re moving house next Friday they’ve got their hands full!
Finally breakfast … lots of good wishes from friends by text and calls…
Decided to get some washing on the line.. OH thought me bonkers on my birthday!
Lateral flow tests taken… dratted things… all good!
Huge bouquet of wonderful flowers arrived from OH… filled two huge vases with them!
Messages from my oldest and dearest friend on her way round M25 to us… lots traffic…
She finally arrived at about 4pm… with lots more gorgeous flowers…so lovely to see her in the flesh after 2 years… we’ve known one another since we were aged 6 when we lived in Ethiopia…
Weather was glorious so sat outside with a cuppa…
Daughter, husband and the boys finally arrived about 7.30 and another large floral arrangement… she’s made two enormous cakes… I said there’s only 23 of us tomorrow! Ones a back up just in case 😳😳…in case of what I’m not sure!…
We had champagne before dinner … I’d made a chicken casserole with dauphinois potatoes and last of our runner beans…. Lemon tart and summer pud for desert… all went down very well… lots of lovely pressies including from my daughter a day out next week to Chelsea Flower Show… wonderful… never been before so a real treat to look forward to.
A wonderful evening to spend with family and tomorrow’s lunch with friends and rest of family to look forward to as well… not cooked by me this time but at a local establishment…. Weather looks good so drinks and canapés outside first…
Wonderful to be spoilt and so pleased to be able to celebrate… everyone taking lateral flow test to be on safe side…
I could get used to all this attention… but I’m sure it’ll all soon be over 😢.

Caroline
Guy - UK,USA
Bangerter -UK,Australia,Switzerland
Harriss - UK, Australia
Merrall - UK
Swinnock - UK
Lloyd - UK

Online louisa maud

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Saturday 18 September 21 06:16 BST (UK) »
Annette, did you visit Roy's at Wroxham?

Caroline, you must feel exhausted, hope you enjoy the rest of your weekend and can have a rest on Monday to think about your wonderful weekend

LM

Garner, Devon
Garner New Zealand
Maddieson
Parkinson St Pancras,
Bragg Lambeth 1800's
Coveney Kent Lambeth
Sondes kent and London

Offline Viktoria

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Saturday 18 September 21 10:12 BST (UK) »
What a lovely day , well deserved I am sure .
Oh flowers, I love getting them, my OH was such a good customer at our local florist .
Only a month or so  ago I broke a huge vase ,imitation cut glass ( well I hope it was imitation ) that my daughter bought especially for the huge bouquets her Dad bought me.
I had washed it after use ,flowers she sent for our WA date ,I was putting it on the table  in the kitchen to put back where it lived ,but missed the table and let go whilst it was just a little distance away,I don’t have good perspective as yet .
SMASH ,on the tiled floor ,glass everywhere.
It must have been 35+ years old.
So many flowers it has held for all occasions happy and sad.
She never forgets our W.A

How lovely to have your family with you.
Cheerio and many more Happy Birthdays.
Viktoria.