Author Topic: English Estates of American Settlers by Peter Wilson Coldham - look up request  (Read 300 times)

Offline RichardAC

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
English Estates of American Settlers by Peter Wilson Coldham - look up request
« on: Wednesday 15 September 21 01:49 BST (UK) »
According to Ancestry, the names of Suttenfield, George and Suttenfield, Sarah C p.73 are found in an index of Executors in the above titled book. If at all possible can anyone make a look-up for me for these names. They evidently refer to probate records between 1800-1858.

Any assistance would be much appreciated.

Online mckha489

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: English Estates of American Settlers by Peter Wilson Coldham - look up request
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 15 September 21 06:31 BST (UK) »
Don’t know where you are Richard, but in NZ it is possible to order that book as an Interloan at our local library from the National library.  I Presume other countries and libraries have a similar service you could use if no-one on here has a copy.

Offline RichardAC

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: English Estates of American Settlers by Peter Wilson Coldham - look up request
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 15 September 21 08:23 BST (UK) »
Unfortunately, I live in the Philippines and we barely have libraries outside of Manila let alone books of old colonialists. Thanks for the kind suggestion anyway.

Online mckha489

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 15 September 21 08:26 BST (UK) »
Oh well. Fingers crossed then!
I looked to see if the university library near me has a copy I could look at but sadly it does not.

Offline tazzie

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday 15 September 21 08:37 BST (UK) »
Hi.

Found this piece not sure if you already have it....

SMITH William Barlow, of British Hollow near Potosi Wisconsin Brewer. Administration with will go Edwin Chadwick attorney to the relict Sarah Chadwick now wife of George Walker Suttenfield in California ( Dec 1856)

Tazzie
Liscoe -all
Green/Simpson/Underwood-Beds
Walker/Foulkes/Fookes/Fooks/Hedges/Lamborne-Bucks.
Stanton/Pattrick/Cooper/Fitzjohn/Holland/Spalding-London
 Rewallin/Underwood -Devon
 Casbolt-London/Cambridge
 Favell/Favel - Lincs-Beds

This information is Crown Copyright from
   www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline RichardAC

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday 15 September 21 10:53 BST (UK) »
So do I understand that Edwin Chadwick was the Executor and he died and Sarah his widow remarried Suttenfield and took over as Executor?

Online mckha489

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Wednesday 15 September 21 11:02 BST (UK) »
So do I understand that Edwin Chadwick was the Executor and he died and Sarah his widow remarried Suttenfield and took over as Executor?

The will for William Barlow Smith is free to download from the National Archives (UK) (and it’s on ancestry)
He names his children from both marriages. His wife  Sarah Chadwick Smith is named sole executrix.   Edwin Chadwick acted on behalf of Sarah