Author Topic: new zealand families  (Read 1398 times)

Offline kturipa

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
new zealand families
« on: Wednesday 15 September 21 23:51 BST (UK) »
hello everyone
i am currently  researching my  great grand parents lines all coming to New Zealand

Hazlett family - thomas & mary (brown) hazlett (Ireland )
just looking for information on their children that didnt come to new zealand - Nancey 1843, Samuel, 1846, Rachel 1850. Jane 1855, Margaret 1852
i would also like to know the name of the ship william, thomas, robert and elizabeth came to nz on and what year

Reed Family - William Josiah Reed & Ann Green ( Tasmania) their daughter sarah jane reed married william killough Hazlett
i would like to find sarah siblings and more information about her mother Ann Green

Allport family - Thomas Allport 1825 married Rachel Willet 1832 i am looking for photos of their daughter Jane Allport 1851 who married Frederick Cox

Hoare family -the families of the  children of  william richard hoare-cook who married harriet Emery and settled in Timaru NZ

Emery family - William 1827 and Sarah 1834 nee pemble - i have 4 Chidren for them George, Jane, William and Harriet -

any further information about any lines would be appreciated - and please contact me if you I can help anyone :)

Offline mckha489

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: new zealand families
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 15 September 21 23:55 BST (UK) »
Is going to become a very muddled thread if you get a lot of replies (and you might Rcers can be very enthusiastic  :)
I would suggest that you edit it and remove all but the first family and make separate threads for each of the other families.

Offline mckha489

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 15 September 21 23:59 BST (UK) »
hello everyone
i am currently  researching my  great grand parents lines all coming to New Zealand

Hazlett family - thomas & mary (brown) hazlett (Ireland )
just looking for information on their children that didnt come to new zealand - Nancey 1843, Samuel, 1846, Rachel 1850. Jane 1855, Margaret 1852
i would also like to know the name of the ship william, thomas, robert and elizabeth came to nz on and what year

Do you have a death certificate for any of them that indicates length of time in NZ?
Which ship did Thomas and Mary come on and when?
Years of birth for William, Thomas, Robert & Elizabeth?
First known appearance in NZ?

Added.  What part of Ireland?

Offline mckha489

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 16 September 21 00:52 BST (UK) »
This seems like a possible arrival for Robert, if he came after William who I see in the newspapers from 1873

https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1:S3HY-6SKQ-YQ7?i=9&cc=1609792&personaUrl=%2Fark%3A%2F61903%2F1%3A1%3AFST8-1NY

Added, but I can see Robert Hazlett at Flints bush well before, so perhaps not.

Offline kturipa

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Thursday 16 September 21 01:49 BST (UK) »

it was four children of thomas and mary hazlett that came out to NZ I presumed they came out together but they may not off
Robert Hazlett b 1830 Grillagh Ireland
William killough Hazlett b 1837 Moneydig Ireland
Thomas Hazlett b 1840 Moneydig Ireland
Elizabeth Hazlett b 1832 Ireland

i will look through some electoral rolls now :)
thanks mckha

Offline matthewj64

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Thursday 16 September 21 12:10 BST (UK) »
Arrival Tasmania 1854 per Merlington, William Josiah REED, with wife Ann and 1yo male child
https://stors.tas.gov.au/CB7-12-1-2p145j2k

Births Tasmania:
1856 James Thomas REED
https://stors.tas.gov.au/RGD33-1-34p663j2k

1858 Sarah Jane REED
https://stors.tas.gov.au/RGD33-1-36p326j2k

M

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Thursday 16 September 21 19:46 BST (UK) »
There's already a thread covering the Hazletts that stayed in Ireland so adding more about them here will only cause more confusion-
https://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=684244.msg7210642#msg7210642
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline kturipa

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Thursday 16 September 21 20:45 BST (UK) »
thanks mck - because they all had the same  names  william, thomas, samuel or robert it makes it so confusing -i checked the nz electoral rolls and found the earliest record for william killough hazlett at 1880 as he is the only one with a second name it easier to research him lol but couldnt find any of the other siblings on the same roll  so perhaps they didnt travel together -i just received from a relative,  parts of the hazlett family tree book that was compiled here in nz, there is a large family of hazletts  in australia all descending from a samuel 1877 and again all having the same names - this samuel married a ellen washington the son of  joseph hazlett who married eliza mcconnochi - this family would be cousins to the family i am looking for :)