Author Topic: 1911 Census - Frank Benjamin Roland Davis  (Read 184 times)

Offline Wayanad45

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
1911 Census - Frank Benjamin Roland Davis
« on: Sunday 19 September 21 17:02 BST (UK) »
Hello,
It would be great if someone could help me find my great grandfather and family on the 1911 census. I have tried for a long time but no luck! A bit of background: my great grandfather Frank B R Davis was born in Brighton in 1895. His mother and father were Frank Davis (1871, Tenterden) and Annie Clara Burden (1864, Brighton). Frank Davis was in the navy/coastguard and as far as I am aware Frank B R spent most of his childhood on the island of Ireland. His brother George William Davis was born in Portaferry, Northern Ireland in 1904. I have found Frank, Annie and Frank B R on the 1901 Irish census in Cloughey, Northern Ireland. After this they all disappear but I have some documents showing that Frank spent time in County Cork, Waterford and Mayo. I am not sure whether the family were with him or not as they may have returned home. Any help with this would be much appreciated! :)

Offline CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
Re: 1911 Census - Frank Benjamin Roland Davis
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 19 September 21 17:18 BST (UK) »
Hi

The 1911 Irish census is available here 

http://www.census.nationalarchives.ie/search/

Rootschat does not allow English/Welsh 1911 lookups due to copyright issues.  Have you tried www.familysearch.org?
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)

Offline CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 19 September 21 17:26 BST (UK) »
I see FBR Davis died in Sussex in 1969.  Do you know whether he was in the Navy like his father?  Wondered if he was perhaps training somewhere in 1911

He married in Sussex in 1925
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)

Offline Wayanad45

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 20 September 21 11:44 BST (UK) »
Hi,
Thank you. I will try Family Search again. As far as I know he didn't join the Navy but he may have been doing national service or some other military training.