Author Topic: Alice Crawford  (Read 1000 times)

Offline KimCrawford

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Alice Crawford
« on: Tuesday 21 September 21 06:42 BST (UK) »
 Alice Crawford born 22-4-1863 Upper Araluen parents are George and Jane Sharp
George died 28-7-1911 and Jane 4-10-1912 Mt Keira buried Wollongong, Alice still alive then.

Kim

Offline trystan

• Administrator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • RootsChat Co-founder
    • View Profile
Re: ALICE CRAWFORD
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 21 September 21 09:20 BST (UK) »
Kim,

Welcome to RootsChat. What information are you trying to find regarding this?

Trystan
Send RootsChat a postcard:
RootsChat.com, Europa House, Barcroft Street, Bury, Lancashire, BL9 5BT
Admin Tip: Forgotten your Username or Password and would like to reply to one of these messages?  CLICK HERE to get a reminder.
AOL Users: You may need to 'cut and paste' any links you get in emails for them to work.

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • NSW 1806 Bowman Flag Ecce signum.
    • View Profile
Re: ALICE CRAWFORD
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 21 September 21 09:34 BST (UK) »
Hi,

Welcome from me too.  :)

Those locations are in New South Wales, Australia.  Are you looking for additional information about these ancestors?

JM
The information in my posts is provided for academic and non-commercial research purposes. 
Random Acts of Kindness Given Freely are never Worthless for they are Priceless.
Qui scit et non docet.    Qui docet et non vivit.    Qui nescit et non interrogat.   
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
I do not have a face book or a twitter account.

Offline Neale1961

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Alice Crawford
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 21 September 21 10:13 BST (UK) »
It looks like Alice married Walter Henry Davis in May 1886, Sydney.
Alice died in Sydney in Dec 1914.
Milligan - Jardine – Glencross – Dinwoodie - Brown: (Dumfriesshire & Kirkcudbrightshire)
Clark – Faulds – Cuthbertson – Bryson – Wilson: (Ayrshire & Renfrewshire)
Neale – Cater – Kinder - Harrison: (Warwickshire & Queensland)
Roberts - Spry: (Cornwall, Middlesex & Queensland)
Munster: (Schleswig-Holstein & Queensland) and Plate: (Braunschweig, Neubruck & Queensland & New York)

Offline KimCrawford

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday 22 September 21 04:36 BST (UK) »
Hi
Regarding Alice I purchsed a marriage transcribt of Alice Crawford to Walter Henry Davis it ststes no parents, and found Alice remarried after Walter died to a Greenway, orderede her death transcribt and found out it wasn't ours
when going through ancestry on the Sydney Aust Anglican Parish Registers St Michael's c/e Woolong  on the 1 April 1889 there was a Elsie Crawford same parents marrying a Henry Bannis, so I got the marriage transcribt but there was no parents,  but they where both from Mt Keira in New south wales, but I can't find out any more informationOn both her parents death transcribts both dying 1 year apart 1911 and1912 her named was spelt Allison.
I am hoping somebody out there might think of what next for me to do, or shed some light.
I appreciate anything and thankyou
Kim

Offline Neale1961

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday 22 September 21 22:02 BST (UK) »
Burial for Alice Crawford and husbands at Rookwood Cem.
https://www.findagrave.com/memorial/190003598/alice-greenaway
Perhaps contact the cemetery to see if they have any more information.

This is the marriage registration that you mention above.
5229/1889
BANNIS HENRY       CRAWFORD   ELSIE
WOLLONGONG
On the church record Elsie is age 25, a spinster. Parents George ( a miner) and Jane Sharpe.
Milligan - Jardine – Glencross – Dinwoodie - Brown: (Dumfriesshire & Kirkcudbrightshire)
Munster: (Schleswig-Holstein & Queensland) and Plate: (Braunschweig, Neubruck & Queensland & New York)

Offline KimCrawford

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Friday 24 September 21 01:57 BST (UK) »
yes this is the marriage I was writing about but can't find out anything else about them

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • NSW 1806 Bowman Flag Ecce signum.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Friday 24 September 21 02:35 BST (UK) »
Alice died in Sydney in Dec 1914.

Hi
Regarding Alice I purchsed a marriage transcribt of Alice Crawford to Walter Henry Davis it ststes no parents,.........
I am hoping somebody out there might think of what next for me to do, or shed some light.
I appreciate anything and thankyou
Kim

Hi there, Kim,

Re that marriage transcript for Alice and Walter,   would it be for the following marriage:
NSW BDM reference 930/1886
Walter H DAVIS and Alice CRAWFORD, registered Sydney?  married 17 May 1886?

The transcription should have the denomination (according to the rites of), and the names of the witnesses,  and it is likely it does NOT have the ages of the bride and groom, or their places of birth, or the names of their parents or their dad's occupations...   Not at all unusual for NSW BDM marriage certs for that era.  The NSW BDM never completed the task of reconciling their own summary records with the church registers.    Here is a now very long thread I did up to help RChatters overcome those elusive blanks. https://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=546609.0

If you could please type up the scant info that is on that transcription, I will see if I can advance your quest, perhaps finding some info on the couple and/or their witnesses circa 1886.

Here is the newspaper announcement about the marriage I found indexed at NSW BDM.   
https://trove.nla.gov.au/newspaper/article/107290120 28 May 1886, Evening News
MARRIAGES.
DAVIS—CRAWFORD.  May 17, at 245 Elizabeth Street, Sydney, by the Rev. Dr. Fullerton, Mr. Walter Henry Davis, of Pitt Street, Sydney, to Miss Alice Crawford, of Sydney.   

Rev Fullerton's registers are often scant on info, so it may not be possible to glean the parents names from his (Presbyterian) registers, he had a reputation for conducting marriage shops (over 400 marriage ceremonies in one year !).   https://adb.anu.edu.au/biography/fullerton-james-3582

JM
The information in my posts is provided for academic and non-commercial research purposes. 
Random Acts of Kindness Given Freely are never Worthless for they are Priceless.
Qui scit et non docet.    Qui docet et non vivit.    Qui nescit et non interrogat.   
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
I do not have a face book or a twitter account.

Offline Neale1961

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Friday 24 September 21 03:11 BST (UK) »
Hi majm
I think that marriage is not for the correct Alice – parents are wrong.
It relates to this death cert

GREENAWAY ALICE
14626/1914   GEORGE     HANNAH
SYDNEY

And to this birth

CRAWFORD ALICE
74/1868    GEORGE      HANNAH
SYDNEY

I have been hoping that Kim might provide some clear information (as requested in reply 1 and 2 ) about what help is needed, and anything that is already know about this family.

I will post some more information about the other marriage below.