Author Topic: Thomas Livermore born 1787  (Read 1772 times)

Offline doordie

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Thomas Livermore born 1787
« on: Saturday 25 September 21 14:53 BST (UK) »
Greetings:  I'm looking to chat with anyone who has an interest in Thomas Livermore, born 1st June 1787, probably Surrey, England, and transported to VDL in 1812.  He had been married to Mary Lucas who had a son, James Livermore.
In particular I should like to be in touch with any descendants of any siblings Thomas may have had. 
Livermore, Dewsnap/Duslop, Norris
Fuger, Fugger, Haberecht, Schilling, Bauer, Fliegert, Benz
Green, Ramell, Griffiths, White, Tate, Kelway

Offline LizzieL

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Thomas Livermore born 1787
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 26 September 21 08:22 BST (UK) »
I can find a Thomas Livermore baptised on 17 June 1787 (which fits well with a 1st June birth) but in Little Abington, Cambridgeshire, not Surrey. Parents James and Eleanor. It was on FindMyPast which shows up I have looked at this record before, so I think he may be connected to OH's Hertfordshire / Essex Livermores
Berks / Oxon: Eltham, Annetts, Wiltshire (surname not county), Hawkins, Pembroke, Partridge
Dorset / Hants: Derham, Stride, Purkiss, Sibley
Yorkshire: Pottage, Carr, Blackburn, Depledge
Sussex: Goodyer, Christopher, Trevatt
Lanark: Scott (soldier went to Jersey CI)
Jersey: Fowler, Huelin, Scott

Offline LizzieL

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 26 September 21 08:24 BST (UK) »
The Mary Lucas marriage is in Balsham, Cambs on 11 Feb 1810.

Their son James bapt 18 Nov 1810, Balsham.
Berks / Oxon: Eltham, Annetts, Wiltshire (surname not county), Hawkins, Pembroke, Partridge

Offline LizzieL

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 26 September 21 08:29 BST (UK) »
Why do you think the family is from Surrey. Most Livermores I've found are from Essex, SW Suffolk, South Cambs, Herts and North London.

Offline rosie99

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • ALFIE 2009 - 2021 (Rosbercon Sky's the Limit)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Sunday 26 September 21 08:29 BST (UK) »
Could that Little Abington baptism be the Thomas Livermore who was buried at Duxford 21 Sep 1849 age 62  :-\
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline doordie

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Sunday 26 September 21 08:35 BST (UK) »
Very many thanks, LizzieL.  I'm new to this site, and to researching Thomas Livermore's family before transportation (I'm up to speed once he arrived in VDL).  What does OH mean, please? And are you able to direct me to where I'll find more about the Hertfordshire / Essex Livermore's?

Offline doordie

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Sunday 26 September 21 09:10 BST (UK) »
And thank you Rosie99 for replying too.
"My" Thomas Livermore drowned in the river Esk in VDL on the 14th Sept 1827 aged 40.
I assumed he came from Surrey because he was arraigned at the Croydon Surrey Assizes on the 27th March, 1811.  ASSI 35/25/3 PFF4456 shows him as being "late of the parish of Warlingham in the County of Surrey Labourer".  But, of course, he didn't have to have been born there.
The marriage date fits and a potential birth date for son James.
To fill you in:  There was a claim during the trial that Mary taunted Thomas with not being James's father, which prompted Thomas to try to cut her throat (she survived;  and went on to repartner and have more children).  I can see that Thomas might have fled towards London, eventually arrested in Surrey.
I don't have a birth certificate for James but apparently he was born "exactly 8 months and 27 days [after the marriage] making it highly unlikely that Mary was pregnant by another man before her marriage".
It would be interesting to trace James's descendants, but especially the descendants of any siblings Thomas may have had.  I may be able to start a trace for them via James and Eleanor Livermore.

Offline LizzieL

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Sunday 26 September 21 09:19 BST (UK) »
Could that Little Abington baptism be the Thomas Livermore who was buried at Duxford 21 Sep 1849 age 62  :-\

I originally had that as his burial record. But if the Thomas who went to Australia was married to Mary Lucas previously, and was born in June 1787, and was 23 when convicted in Croydon it fits with the L Ab one. Also he had a son called James, which might be because his father's name was James.

I have so many Livermore tree fragments which I have been trying to connect to the Barley Livermores (which seem to be two separate groups anyway) or the Gt and Lt Chesterford ones which are our lot.

Offline LizzieL

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Sunday 26 September 21 09:22 BST (UK) »
And thank you Rosie99 for replying too.
"My" Thomas Livermore drowned in the river Esk in VDL on the 14th Sept 1827 aged 40.
I assumed he came from Surrey because he was arraigned at the Croydon Surrey Assizes on the 27th March, 1811.  ASSI 35/25/3 PFF4456 shows him as being "late of the parish of Warlingham in the County of Surrey Labourer".  But, of course, he didn't have to have been born there.
The marriage date fits and a potential birth date for son James.
To fill you in:  There was a claim during the trial that Mary taunted Thomas with not being James's father, which prompted Thomas to try to cut her throat (she survived;  and went on to repartner and have more children).  I can see that Thomas might have fled towards London, eventually arrested in Surrey.
I don't have a birth certificate for James but apparently he was born "exactly 8 months and 27 days [after the marriage] making it highly unlikely that Mary was pregnant by another man before her marriage".
It would be interesting to trace James's descendants, but especially the descendants of any siblings Thomas may have had.  I may be able to start a trace for them via James and Eleanor Livermore.

Do you have any details of Mary's second marriage and later children?