Author Topic: John William Lee  (Read 521 times)

Offline IsobelB

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: John William Lee
« Reply #18 on: Monday 27 September 21 21:09 BST (UK) »
It's difficult to believe the son was in the Blackburn workhouse in 1891 because Annie Lee's (Moran) family were still living near to them in Blackburn during the 1891 census, if the father John Lee moved away or died soon after Annie I would think her family would have looked after John William before allowing him to go into the workhouse, also the workhouse record stating he was born in Liverpool is confusing.

Offline Lincoln1955

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Monday 27 September 21 23:03 BST (UK) »
I have found children put  in the workhouse when my great great grandmother left k6 great great granddad and moved in with another man and only took her youngest child aged 1. He4 2 olde4 boys aged between 10 and 15 went to workhouse with their father, so it is possible.

The father of John may well have met someone and moved in with her and her family,

Offline IsobelB

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Tuesday 28 September 21 10:15 BST (UK) »
Annie was John Lee's second wife, both wives died young due to illnesses, Annie was 25 & John was 38 when they married in 1881, maybe he moved on & found another partner but again with regard to the son John William who was just 2 years old when his mother died in 1884 he was born in Annie's family home in Blackburn, so my thinking is that Annie's family would have taken him in if his father decided to move on rather than him being in put in the workhouse in Blackburn.
Just my thoughts.