Author Topic: Kristensen /Christensen, Rasmus Sorensen & Martina Nielsen  (Read 562 times)

Offline ankerpep_52

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Kristensen /Christensen, Rasmus Sorensen & Martina Nielsen
« on: Monday 27 September 21 03:27 BST (UK) »
Rasmus Sorensen Kristensen, born 4 July 1881 Storring Framlev, Dk., to Soren Kristensen and Inge Marie Rasmussen. He immigrated to USA in 1907. He went to Denver about 1912 where he and wife were both nauralized. In 1918-he lived 4503 Ravenswood Ave Chicago, .and in 1930 he worked for Paschen Bros. as bricklayer and granddaughter Alvera Mathieson/sen.,age 4yrs.with them.  1942 he was in Denver Colorado,employed by Broderick Gordon (Denver Ordnance plant)
He was on the Passenger lists from Dk to Usa in 1954 & 55 (self only) & still residing at the martial home of 2629 South St Denver.  On the 10 Apr. 1951 he departed New York to Denmark and died  5 July 1957 @13 Otto Benzonz Vej, Arhus, Aarhus, Denmark as surname Christensen. And buried in Northern Cemetery Arhus. At time of his death his wife Martina, was residing at Vindvlaesvej 4, Logstor, Alborg, Dk.
   I am asking if anyone can tell me the name of the people living at the address where Rasmus died, as they may be related.  Also the name of the people where Martina was at the time, as they may be her relatives. I do not know if Martina returned to Denver or stayed in Denmark and her parents names also unknown at this time.  Also looking to obtain her death after 1957.   All help would be very much appreciated & hope to hear from you in the near future. Thank you. Janet

BOKOTA-Hampshire & Surrey/ SI(Y)MONDS-Kent, Ldn PAPANICOLAOU-Hampshire /HARTLEY- Derby&Ldn/ SMITH-Ldn/ COLE-Hants & Ldn/ CREED-Berks, Ldn, Oxfordshire/ BRADLEY, DOCWRA & LAND- Islington &Kent/  HUMPHERSTON-Ldn./ ALLEN-Ldn & Surrey/ DOWNEY & DAVIDSON & FITCHARD-NBL & Durham, HARTLEY-Montreal QC Canada
RASMUSSEN-Storring Arhus,& SORENSEN,& JENSEN- Veng,& Hjelmslev, Skanderborg Denmark/HANSEN-Fejo,Fuglse,Maribo,DK

Offline jamcat95

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile

Offline jamcat95

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile

Offline jamcat95

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Kristensen /Christensen, Rasmus Sorensen & Martina Nielsen
« Reply #3 on: Monday 27 September 21 13:45 BST (UK) »
Hi
To answer your questions:
The census records only go to 1940.
I cannot find her death record unfortunately.

Ian

Offline ankerpep_52

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Monday 27 September 21 20:01 BST (UK) »
Ian-Thanks for that information re Census- Martine may have returned to Denver to the marital home and died there, but who knows.   Still would like to find out about thee address in Northern Denmark where she was residing in 1957.  That may be diffcult to gather the information.  Janet
BOKOTA-Hampshire & Surrey/ SI(Y)MONDS-Kent, Ldn PAPANICOLAOU-Hampshire /HARTLEY- Derby&Ldn/ SMITH-Ldn/ COLE-Hants & Ldn/ CREED-Berks, Ldn, Oxfordshire/ BRADLEY, DOCWRA & LAND- Islington &Kent/  HUMPHERSTON-Ldn./ ALLEN-Ldn & Surrey/ DOWNEY & DAVIDSON & FITCHARD-NBL & Durham, HARTLEY-Montreal QC Canada
RASMUSSEN-Storring Arhus,& SORENSEN,& JENSEN- Veng,& Hjelmslev, Skanderborg Denmark/HANSEN-Fejo,Fuglse,Maribo,DK

Offline ankerpep_52

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Monday 27 September 21 20:08 BST (UK) »
Ian-in reply to the # 1,2 & 3-Thanks for this amazing information and to find Martine's siblings as well as her parents.  WOW- Did not think I would ever know.  Its been many years searcing for Rasmus and Martine- Mostly searching in Chicago, Denver and passenger lists.  They sure moved around alot and I could not find their grand daughter after she was listed as 4 rs old.  I still don't know if they had children of their own, but where did the grand daughter come from??  Another day & time for that.
            Again-Tak         Janet

Offline jamcat95

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday 28 September 21 10:32 BST (UK) »
Cheers Janet.

Martine in Hjørring - 1901 Census:
https://www.sa.dk/ao-soegesider/en/billedviser?bsid=20387#20387,1757686

Ian

Offline jamcat95

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Tuesday 28 September 21 10:48 BST (UK) »
Martine and parents 1890 census in Vennebjerg Parish:
https://www.sa.dk/ao-soegesider/en/billedviser?bsid=59153#59153,12169538

It states living at Hus Laage (Laage House).
This is her passenger record I presume to England. It also states Laage:

Offline jamcat95

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile