Author Topic: Egremont - Burial - Dinah MATTINSON - 1900  (Read 3316 times)

Offline TraceyJM

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Egremont - Burial - Dinah MATTINSON - 1900
« on: Saturday 02 October 21 16:59 BST (UK) »
Hi, I'm hoping someone may be able to help, please?

I'm trying to find out where my Husband's Great x2 Grandmother is buried and I'm having quite a lot of difficulties finding her.

Dinah Mattinson born 19th October 1866 in Hunter How Lamplugh and died 11 March 1900 Frank Lane Whitehaven.

Dinah never married and as far as I'm aware she only had one child, Thomas Martin Mattinson born 1896 in Union Workhouse, Preston Quarter. (Dinah stated her middle name was Hetherington on her sons birth certificate, however, no middle name was stated on her birth or death certificate).

I have been in contact with Distington Hall and they cannot find any burial records for her in their records.
I have also contacted a Reverend in Whitehaven who put me in contact with their contact who has done a 40 mile radius search in all cemeteries surrounding Whitehaven with no luck.
He suggested I contacted Whitehaven Archives to ask them to do a quick search of Egremont for a burial record as he was not able to search in Egremont and as of yet, I am still awaiting a response from Whitehaven Archives.

I have searched all websites and there are no photographs of a headstone for her, so I presume she does not have one. She may possibly have been buried in a common grave?

I'm just wondering if anyone has any records of a burial for Dinah? Or if someone may know who else I can contact. Unfortunately, I live 5 hours away from the Egremont/Whitehaven area and I'm not familiar with the area at all.

I'll appreciate any help and advice. Thank you in advance.

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
Re: Egremont - Burial - Dinah MATTINSON - 1900
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 02 October 21 17:05 BST (UK) »

Dinah Mattinson was buried 13/3/1900 at Egremont.  Aged 30 years -  6 March Lane Whitehaven

Grave Ref   K  con 197

Sandra
"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner"

Census information is Crown Copyright  http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

British Census copyright The National Archives; Canadian Census copyright Library and Archives Canada

Offline rosie99

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • ALFIE 2009 - 2021 (Rosbercon Sky's the Limit)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 02 October 21 17:11 BST (UK) »

Dinah never married and as far as I'm aware she only had one child, Thomas Martin Mattinson born 1896 in Union Workhouse, Preston Quarter. (Dinah stated her middle name was Hetherington on her sons birth certificate, however, no middle name was stated on her birth or death certificate).

1881/1891 census have her as Dinah H Mattinson, 1871 has her as Dinah Het Mattinson
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline TraceyJM

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 02 October 21 17:13 BST (UK) »

Dinah Mattinson was buried 13/3/1900 at Egremont.  Aged 30 years -  6 March Lane Whitehaven

Grave Ref   K  con 197

Sandra

Thank you so much, Sandra!! 
That is very helpful ;D

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Saturday 02 October 21 17:13 BST (UK) »
There is also a David Palmar buried 5/1/1909 in the same plot - K con 197 - aged 31 years.  Bachelor. Died at 4 Greendykes Egremont

Sandra
"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner"

British Census copyright The National Archives; Canadian Census copyright Library and Archives Canada

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Saturday 02 October 21 17:18 BST (UK) »

I think Palmar may have been mis-spelt - maybe should be Palmer.

1891 census  Shaw Farm Egremont, Cumberland.

James Palmer 54   Head
Jane Palmer 54   Wife
David Palmer   12   Son
Mary Ann Palmer 6   Granddaughter
Robert Quaile 21   
George Wilson 14   
Bridget Ann Nicholson 16   

Sandra

Offline TraceyJM

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Saturday 02 October 21 17:18 BST (UK) »
There is also a David Palmar buried 5/1/1909 in the same plot - K con 197 - aged 31 years.  Bachelor. Died at 4 Greendykes Egremont

Sandra

Thank you ever so much for all your help. I really appreciate it.  :)

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Saturday 02 October 21 17:20 BST (UK) »

1901 Egremont Cumberland  - address is 9 Scalegill Moor Row (which is part of Egremont Parish - that address is not very far from Shaw Farm.

James Palmer   30
Ann Palmer   29
Moses Palmer   9
Joseph Palmer   7
David Palmer   21 Brother.
Lancelot Palmer   9
Mary Garnett   60

Sandra

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Saturday 02 October 21 17:26 BST (UK) »
Not sure if Palmer is of interest to you.

The father of James Palmer of Shaw Farm was buried at Egremont 8/12/1899 - aged 62 years - buried C  con 154 - widower.  (James Palmer - Farmer was the purchaser of this grave)

Sandra