Author Topic: Stephan/Stefan/Stephen who was in Whyalla, South Australia in 1963-4  (Read 157 times)

Offline Trish Sanson

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Stephan/Stefan/Stephen who was in Whyalla, South Australia in 1963-4
« on: Monday 04 October 21 03:00 BST (UK) »
I am currently researching my brother-inlaw's heritage and I am hoping that I can find a connection to his biological father, whose surname is unknown.. we know his fatherís first name is Stefan or Stephen and was born in Czechoslovakia, Poland or Russia (not sure as yet.. his mother met Stefan in Whyalla, South Australia in 1963-64.. all we know is he had blonde hair!

His mother was born in Scotland and her father was Irish.

The surnames that I am researching are Selbie, Woodcock, McCann on his mothers side, etc..
Any help is appreciated!
Cheers Trish
Scotland: Sanson, Ingles, Brown, Hope, Waitt,Chilsolm, Drysdale, Sharp, Dick,Whytlaw
Ireland: Gilmore, Bryn,
England: Hodges, Taylor, Grant, Butcher, Bailey, Cook, Dadswell,Moore, Swallow
Australia, Sanson, Butcher, Grant, Gilmore

Offline dawnsh

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Stephan/Stefan/Stephen who was in Whyalla, South Australia in 1963-4
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 05 October 21 08:21 BST (UK) »
Hi Trish

RootsChat is a forum for searching for ancestors. Anything posted on the internet is in the public domain where anybody can see this information. To protect people and their identities we do not encourage the posting of information about people who are or maybe still living.
Even with permission from the subject of a post we would seriously advise against giving too much information as to betray their identity.

You can find some tips for searching for living people on these RootsChat topics:

RootsChat Topic: Searching for living relatives and Rootschat
https://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php/topic,142443.0.html

RootsChat Topic: Tracing Living Relatives
https://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php/topic,261434.0.html

Any help we can give on this topic will be general in nature.

Please use the personal message system if you have any personal information you want to share with Trish.
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Sherry-Paddington & Marylebone,
Longhurst-Ealing & Capel, Abinger, Ewhurst & Ockley,
Chandler-Chelsea

Offline Trish Sanson

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Stephan/Stefan/Stephen who was in Whyalla, South Australia in 1963-4
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 05 October 21 09:10 BST (UK) »
Hi Dawn
Thanks for your reply and assistance. I wasn't aware that this request would be considered as a privacy breach as the surname is unknown and I didn't identify my brother inlaws name - but i will have a look at the chat topics and follow the instructions..sorry to cause any inconvenience
Cheers Trish
Scotland: Sanson, Ingles, Brown, Hope, Waitt,Chilsolm, Drysdale, Sharp, Dick,Whytlaw
Ireland: Gilmore, Bryn,
England: Hodges, Taylor, Grant, Butcher, Bailey, Cook, Dadswell,Moore, Swallow
Australia, Sanson, Butcher, Grant, Gilmore