Author Topic: Winnifred Murphy b about 1831 somewhere & d. 16/4/1888 in Arklow  (Read 552 times)

Offline Joeyd13

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Winnifred Murphy b about 1831 somewhere & d. 16/4/1888 in Arklow
« on: Thursday 14 October 21 16:45 BST (UK) »
Hi, Winnifred Murphy was my 2xg/grandmother marrying my 2xg/grandfather Andrew Byrne 1826-1890 in Arklow on 24/1/1852. He was a shoemaker, they had 8 children as far as I’ve found to date & witnesses & sponsors on the marriage & baptism registers don’t include anyone with the Murphy surname.  The marriage register does not state where she came from either. From her estimated age at death she was born around 1831 but this could be a very rough estimate.
There are a couple of possibilities of babies born around that time, one in Carlow, although the parents names don’t correspond with any of their children’s names & one in Tipp which does correspond. I’m looking at trees of DNA matches to try & help too. I’m just wondering if I’m missing anything & should look somewhere else? I’ve done searches on all of the usual sites. Someone did say there was a birth in Glendalough but I haven’t found that myself. The fact that she doesn’t have anyone involved in any of her baptisms suggest she wasn’t ‘local’ or there was some kind of issue?
Any advice or is anyone else related who can steer me please? TIA