Author Topic: Diary week ending 24th October  (Read 3673 times)

Online louisa maud

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Diary week ending 24th October
« on: Monday 18 October 21 10:31 BST (UK) »
I am  starting this  week, haven't  got  a  lot to say  but  I  like  to  hear  what  everyone  else  is  getting  up to

Seeing  a  friend  today before  she isolates  as she   starts  her  chemo soon and  has  pre  appointments,  will be  nice to  see her as  she  has  been isolating  for  so  long waiting for  something  to  happen,  I  will be  sitting in  her conservatory  with her  bifolds  open, so  i  will have  to wrap  up  warm, it is  chilly today,  least  I  can  do  before  she  starts  her therapy.

Hope  everyone  is  feeling  a  bit  chipper  today, take  care

LM
Census information is Crown Copyright,
from  www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Granath Sweden and London
Garner, Marylebone Paddington  Northolt Ilford
Garner, Devon
Garner New Zealand
Maddieson
Parkinson St Pancras,
Jenkins Marylebone Paddington
Mizon/Mison/Myson Paddington
Tindal Marylebone Paddington
Tocock, (name changed to Ellis) London
Southam Marylebone, Paddington
Bragg Lambeth 1800's
Edermaniger(Maniger) Essex Kent Canada (Toronto)
Coveney Kent Lambeth
Sondes kent and London

Online Viktoria

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Diary week ending 24th October
« Reply #1 on: Monday 18 October 21 12:43 BST (UK) »
Well, all organised to go to M/c  this morning to get the concessionary train travel pass ,and tickets .
Thought I had better double check how my friend was and that  there were no relatives from York there also as they have priority of course.
Son who is her main carer said one of the visiting carers has tested positive !
So tests etc and not a good time for them, phoned to cancel Hotel but have until 4 O’Clock Sunday to cancel without penalty fees.
However I think it too much for them to cope with just now and so it will be wait and see.
No sense getting the train pass if not travelling very soon,it lasts a year so a couple of wasted months possibly.
So took my decent clothes off, changed into jogging pants and sweater ,made a cuppa and flew to my  iPad for consolation!
Ah well, I have lots to do.
Son found a very very small strong and dangerously sharp stitch unpicker so I can have another go at my choked up machine , I have missed it .
It might very well need a repair but perhaps the shop which left Bury for Burnley can sort that otherwise I might treat myself to a new one .
I have the old hand machine converted to electric with a small motor attachment ,was giving it to grand daughter but might keep it although it does weigh a ton. An all metal Singer.

I like treating myself , ::)OH was a great treater but always jewellery because I once said that a new vacuum was not exactly a present for me ,the house yes, but not me .
He vacuumed but we would have ended up with round rooms as corners did not get done ,nothing moved etc.  ;D ;

Such a dull and gloomy day .
What ought I to expect at this time of year. !
Normally I would be checking what I
needed to buy for Christmas cake, puds, mincemeat etc.
Gone off rich dark cake somewhat .
Made a really  nice Dundee  cake last year which was lovely ,I like my mincemeat recipe too with orange zest and coriander and Cointreau .
But watching the sugar I won’t be eating many!
I used to make eight dozen!
OH was a great help in eating them ,took some to Grandma’s for the annual Boxing  day party ,there were twenty or so of us there .

Well must get on, hope all is well at my friend’s .

Grand daughter here at weekend.
Maybe news  of new baby too.
She can take back  with her a little present for Flash Harry.
All his toys that are still here and I can’t bear to get rid of them !
What a super little presence.
Cheerio. Hope everyone has some nice things happening now or in the near future ,keeps well or if  ill make good recoveries .
Viktoria.

Offline ThrelfallYorky

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 18 October 21 16:11 BST (UK) »
What a busy life you manage, Viktoria! Sometimes you make me feel quite breathless. (Perhaps it's as Thora Hird is said to have said (odd sentence construction, sorry) "You don't stop doing things because you get old, you get old because you stop doing things"
TY
Threlfall (Southport), Isherwood (lancs & Canada), Newbould + Topliss(Derby), Keating & Cummins (Ireland + lancs), Fisher, Strong& Casson (all Cumberland) & Downie & Bowie, Linlithgow area Scotland . Also interested in Leigh& Burrows,(Lancashire) Griffiths (Shropshire & lancs), Leaver (Lancs/Yorks) & Anderson(Cumberland and very elusive)

Offline Roobarb

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Looking for that elusive branch!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 18 October 21 17:06 BST (UK) »
Hope you enjoyed your visit to your friend LM.

What a shame that you've had to postpone your trip Viktoria, I hope you can soon rearrange it.

TY, love the Thora Hird wisdom!

It seems my Pilates class is on this week after all, it's next week when the half term break takes place. That works well for me, art class isn't on this week but will be next week so at least I'll have one class each week.
Dental checkup today, I never seem to get away without having something that needs doing these days so will be back there next week. Oh joy.  ::)
Bell, Salter, Street - Devon, Middlesbrough.
Lickess- North Yorkshire, Middlesbrough.
Etherington - North Yorks and Durham.
Barker- North Yorks
Crooks- Durham
Forster- North Yorks/Durham
Newsam, Pattison, Proud - North Yorks.
Timothy, Griffiths, Jones - South Wales

Online Viktoria

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Monday 18 October 21 17:11 BST (UK) »
I think it is very much to do with the fact that I have not grown up yet!
Nor do I intend to.
They will have to put my toys in my coffin!
A Dolly’s tea set circa 1800’s No no no , not that old but bought second hand
with a tiny glass junket set ,from a junk shop during the war ( yeeees,that
again!)brought to where I was evacuated , for Christmas .
Seemingly FC met mum on the way from her walk up from the road between Shrewsbury and the tiny hamlet where I lived ,and asked her to deliver it.
Later I could see the boxes were shirt boxes decorated with maroon sticky paper with my name in pale blue cut out letters. The junket set box dark blue with my name in pink .
I have both sets still ,that would be eighty years ago.
I haven’t played with them for a few weeks!

I can be a bit lazy re mundane day in day out chores but do a big clear out and yes I am up for it ,trouble is—- it all goes back  :-[

Lucky to have a good memory,no idea where my specs are but ask me what I was wearing at such and such an occasion etc fifty years ago ,that is no problem , I think I ought to be getting worried!

I need to have a stronger sense of throwawayitus ,very poorly developed mine!
I want my children to say “Aaaw, she left everything all organised “ instead it will be “ What the heck are these “ holding up a little glass bottle ,someone will identify them as their  and the other two children’s milk teeth plus  the puppies’ which my daughter saved and put them all together .
If they are ever used inDNA tests there will be a Westie and a Scottie in our family tree!
Well better get in and pretend I am busy ,daughter phones this evening for a
couple of hours ,so catch up on news re new baby Flash Harry etc.
Cheerio , look after yourselves
 Viktoria.

Online louisa maud

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Monday 18 October 21 17:25 BST (UK) »
Hopefully Viktoria  you  can  get  your trip  fairly  soon..

A  friend  who spent 2  nights away from  8th   was  pinged on  17th, she  tested and she is  positive, her  husband  is clear, my daughter's  dog  sitter also  had covid,  I was in his  company  for  10 minutes over a  week ago  but  I  tested myself this  morning before  visiting  my  friend and  I am  ok, so  it  is around and about us,  I think  a  lot  of  people  are  not wearing  masks  when  out

My  friend  who  is  due  for  chemo  is  very  upbeat , gets  very  tired  so my  visit wasn't very  long , she  sat  in  her  lounge and  me  in the conservatory with  the  doors open, I  wore a  warm coat  and  made  her laugh as  I  had taken a  hot  water bottle  if  I  was  cold, didn't  need it  except  my feet were cold, small price  to  pay ,

Dentist, I  have  a  permanent  eye  tooth filling that  keeps falling  out, in  fact  twice  I  have  had  it filled  free of charge, she is reluctant to take  it  out as  it  is  a  very  deep root,  so  I  suppose  I  will have to return every  few  weeks for  the  filling to be replaced, unfortunately  it  is  in the  front

Take  care  everyone

LM
Census information is Crown Copyright,
from  www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Granath Sweden and London
Garner, Marylebone Paddington  Northolt Ilford
Garner, Devon
Garner New Zealand
Maddieson
Parkinson St Pancras,
Jenkins Marylebone Paddington
Mizon/Mison/Myson Paddington
Tindal Marylebone Paddington
Tocock, (name changed to Ellis) London
Southam Marylebone, Paddington
Bragg Lambeth 1800's
Edermaniger(Maniger) Essex Kent Canada (Toronto)
Coveney Kent Lambeth
Sondes kent and London

Online Viktoria

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Monday 18 October 21 18:41 BST (UK) »
Oh Gosh L M!
Just shows you doesn’t it.
I have been out and about a bit ,on buses and the train to my daughter’s .
Must start testing again ,I have a full pack of tests.
I wonder if people thought the masks protected them ( know it is for the protection of others) they would wear them more.
I wear mine .
Many are getting careless.
Others do not care at all, and by now  it  ought to be subsiding , many doubly vaccinated people and even booster treated people are getting milder symptoms ,but they are still infectious .
I wonder if it is mutating again .
Imagine my friend’s carers ,from patient to patient .
Despite full protective clothing they are not safe really nor are their patients .
Hope everyone keeps well.

What a pain in the tooth LM.!
Oh teeth, hope yours settles down.

Roobarb nice to hear you are able to get to some of your classes, how is your sense of taste now?Better I hope.
Viktoria.

Offline candleflame

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Monday 18 October 21 20:06 BST (UK) »
Dentists …… never seen one since pre covid . I think I posted on here a while ago saying my appt had been moved. Well it’s been moved again from this week to a date in November. Last time it was because the dentist was on a training course. This time it’s because he’s leaving! The practice has 11 dentists apparently. I said I was happy to see anyone who was a dentist. They said that as receptionists they are required to only allocate you to YOUR dentist ‘ as you will have built up a rapport with them ‘ ! Well if that were accurate fair enough, but I’ve only seen the guy who’s leaving twice and on both occasions, he asked me did I not want to have my gap replaced with a tooth. I told him on both times, no it was fine thank you. It doesn’t bother me and isn’t that visible.
Who knows what the dentist I have now been allocated will be like - assuming this appt doesn’t also get cancelled.
North East of England

Offline Roobarb

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Looking for that elusive branch!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Monday 18 October 21 22:31 BST (UK) »
That's shocking Candleflame, perhaps they need a reminder that the dentist is there to look after your oral health, not to form a rapport. Sounds like a load of claptrap to me!

Viktoria, my sense of taste is slowly improving, I can taste spicy foods and things like vinegar crisps! I still can't get the depth of flavour as I used to and subtle flavours are still mostly lost on me. I sometimes practice my own style of mindfulness when eating, I ask myself if I can taste what I'm eating and really concentrate on it. I'm hoping it helps. Thanks for asking.  :)
Bell, Salter, Street - Devon, Middlesbrough.
Lickess- North Yorkshire, Middlesbrough.
Etherington - North Yorks and Durham.
Barker- North Yorks
Crooks- Durham
Forster- North Yorks/Durham
Newsam, Pattison, Proud - North Yorks.
Timothy, Griffiths, Jones - South Wales