Author Topic: Diary week ending 24th October  (Read 1840 times)

Offline Viktoria

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Diary week ending 24th October
« Reply #18 on: Tuesday 19 October 21 14:36 BST (UK) »
This might be censored!
In “ The Readers’ Digest” many moons ago.
Elderly lady to Dentist——-( close your eyes now if you are of a sensitive disposition ) as she touched a certain part of him :-[ :-[ :-[
“ We are not going to hurt each other are we!”
I will go now and stand in the corner with my face to the wall.
Goodbye everyone,it has been very nice communicating with you all .
Viktoria.

Online louisa maud

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Tuesday 19 October 21 17:08 BST (UK) »
Oh Viktoria, you made  me  laugh out loud , you  have  a  hood sense  of  humour and a good memory,  keep it  coming

LM
Census information is Crown Copyright,
from  www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Granath Sweden and London
Garner, Marylebone Paddington  Northolt Ilford
Garner, Devon
Garner New Zealand
Maddieson
Parkinson St Pancras,
Jenkins Marylebone Paddington
Mizon/Mison/Myson Paddington
Tindal Marylebone Paddington
Tocock, (name changed to Ellis) London
Southam Marylebone, Paddington
Bragg Lambeth 1800's
Edermaniger(Maniger) Essex Kent Canada (Toronto)
Coveney Kent Lambeth
Sondes kent and London

Offline Roobarb

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Looking for that elusive branch!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Tuesday 19 October 21 22:31 BST (UK) »
Lovely pic of the twins Annette. 😊 You might not see this before you go to York but it does have a relatively low infection rate, which you might find reassuring. Not suggesting that you ditch the mask of course! Hope you have a lovely time, it's a beautiful city.

Pleased to hear your journey was easier RTL, hope things continue in that vein.

TY, no wonder you need a new filling, chomping on all those fingers.  ;D ;D ;D

Caroline, I hope you managed to get through today after being awake at 4am   :o :o
I do hope things improve for your friends, they're having a rotten time of it.
Re the wine, I've been practicing with those little 187ml bottles (not opening a big one for it to go to waste!). The first time I tried it tasted of nothing and most of it went down the sink. Since then I've tried a couple of others and had some flavour although not the full experience. When I went for a walk with my friend the week before last we went for something to eat, some of which I could taste, and a glass of wine. I got some flavour, not particularly strong. This week I tried a Sauvignon Blanc, I don't know if it was the type of wine or if my taste is improving but I did get more from it.

Viktoria, thanks for the laughs  ;D
Bell, Salter, Street - Devon, Middlesbrough.
Lickess- North Yorkshire, Middlesbrough.
Etherington - North Yorks and Durham.
Barker- North Yorks
Crooks- Durham
Forster- North Yorks/Durham
Newsam, Pattison, Proud - North Yorks.
Timothy, Griffiths, Jones - South Wales

Online louisa maud

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Thursday 21 October 21 16:19 BST (UK) »
Where is  everyone  today?

Had  torrential  rain last  night and this  morning but  it  has  turned  out to be  a  nice day, sun out  but   I think  it  is the coldest so  far  but   that'll do  me !

LM

Garner, Devon
Garner New Zealand
Maddieson
Parkinson St Pancras,
Bragg Lambeth 1800's
Coveney Kent Lambeth
Sondes kent and London

Offline ThrelfallYorky

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Thursday 21 October 21 16:34 BST (UK) »
Well, we've been busy heaving all the heavy garden furniture into their winter storage homes.... nowhere now to sit down in the garden, except the comparatively lightweight metal, glass-topped table and a couple of chairs, that, after hosing down and drying out will then move to nest in the conservatory, for winter breakfasts, sun permitting, until spring next year.
-Gulp! That means it's really autumn.
Hoping to get out a "Fleece up" the vulnerable plants in the next day or so.
Off for a hot bath now. Radox here I come!
TY
Threlfall (Southport), Isherwood (lancs & Canada), Newbould + Topliss(Derby), Keating & Cummins (Ireland + lancs), Fisher, Strong& Casson (all Cumberland) & Downie & Bowie, Linlithgow area Scotland . Also interested in Leigh& Burrows,(Lancashire) Griffiths (Shropshire & lancs), Leaver (Lancs/Yorks) & Anderson(Cumberland and very elusive)

Offline candleflame

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Thursday 21 October 21 20:38 BST (UK) »
Cut the grass today. Probably the last cut of the season but I’ll not clean the lawnmower until I’m certain it’s had it’s last cut!
North East of England

Offline Roobarb

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Looking for that elusive branch!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Friday 22 October 21 22:12 BST (UK) »
Last night I had my first night out at the pub since February 2020.  And I could even taste the wine.   :) I was being careful not to overdo it but my body seemed to think otherwise, I had a thumping headache this morning. I guess it's because I'm such a cheap date these days. I really enjoyed the night though, felt like being back in the real world. It's just lucky that there was no art class today.  :D
Bell, Salter, Street - Devon, Middlesbrough.
Lickess- North Yorkshire, Middlesbrough.
Etherington - North Yorks and Durham.
Barker- North Yorks
Crooks- Durham
Forster- North Yorks/Durham
Newsam, Pattison, Proud - North Yorks.
Timothy, Griffiths, Jones - South Wales

Offline Caw1

• RootsChat Senior
  • Joyce Irene Harriss 1920 - 2011
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Friday 22 October 21 23:01 BST (UK) »
Great to hear you had a good night out Roobarb…even if you paid for it today 😂😂… not sure what your art might have been like!

OH mowed our lawns today whilst it was dry and he finally managed to use the strimmer I bought him for his birthday… he came indoors with a smile on his face so it obviously does the job!

My friends shoulder operation went well today so hopefully she’ll get more mobility now it’s all new!

Not long now Viktoria until your latest gt grandchild arrives all exciting times for you and the family… hope you get to see them before too long.
My OH’s nephews wife is expecting their third child in November… another girl so that’ll make three girls for them… they live in Singapore so we’re not likely to see them for some time!

My daughter and the boys are due up for a couple of days this coming week but youngest ones had to go for a PCR test as he’s not been too good last couple of days and had a positive lateral flow test… daughter took PCR too just waiting for results … eldest and her hubbie tested negative so will have to see result before any decisions are made… good job they didn’t book anywhere to go away!

Spoke to my son in Brisbane this week and they’ve had quite a lot of rain and discovered part of their property flooded… went away next day but something to watch where they decide to rebuild the house… suggested he put it on stilts… not sure he was very happy with that comment!

Recovered ok from our booster jabs… just had one day of feeling like a wet lettuce .. wonder how others have found it…

Well got several events to look forward to in the next month so hope everyone’s going to be sensible and either get their jabs, make sure they wear face coverings so we don’t all go back to restrictions of some sort…
Daughter & I are going to County Living Christmas fair in Islington, friend and I going to Good Food show at NEC and we’re having a small Christmas Fayre in the village to raise money for Afghan refugee families in Northamptonshire…..
oh and cheese and wine evening to raise funds for our over 70’s Christmas hampers in the village…

Well hope everyone is safe but still able to have some enjoyment after all these months…

Take care

Caroline
Guy - UK,USA
Bangerter -UK,Australia,Switzerland
Harriss - UK, Australia
Merrall - UK
Swinnock - UK
Lloyd - UK

Online louisa maud

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Saturday 23 October 21 13:22 BST (UK) »
For  some  peculiar  reason  that  I  can't  fathom  out bazaars  are  now  being  called  fayres, what  happened  to the  good old fashioned Christmas Bazaar,  even 2  local  churches  have fayres even though one is  last Saturday in November

LM

Garner, Devon
Garner New Zealand
Maddieson
Parkinson St Pancras,
Bragg Lambeth 1800's
Coveney Kent Lambeth
Sondes kent and London