Author Topic: Convinced their is writing on the back of this very old  (Read 2314 times)

Offline dobfarm

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Scarcliffe village Derbyshire
    • View Profile
Re: Convinced their is writing on the back of this very old
« Reply #18 on: Saturday 30 October 21 00:48 BST (UK) »
To be fair ! I think there could be some printed watermark numbers (To me -101  in the small area you pointed out) or similar and if it relates to anything ? it maybe a  typed stock number being nothing in relation to the other side of the card. ??? or  -just a mystery mark along with other strange images (animals ;D ;D ;D) that appear to different members of Rootschat in the mush of years of grime.  :-\
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Any transcription of information does not identify or prove anything.
Intended as a Guide only in ancestry research.-It is up to the reader as to any Judgment of assessments of information given! to check from original sources.

In my opinion the marriage residence is not always the place of birth. Never forget Workhouse and overseers accounts records of birth

Offline Drayke

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Friday 05 November 21 13:26 GMT (UK) »
After adding some filters to the second image you posted, it looks to me at least that there was at one time some writing on the photo reverse. What that is now though I have no idea as it is to far gone to obtain any exact detail.

I have attached the filtered image which looks to show something that appears to be traces of black ink that is certainly more than just random marks as some look similar to defined letters. Of course I could also be wrong and could just be random marks that are playing tricks on the eyes in looking like letters.

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Friday 05 November 21 13:36 GMT (UK) »
Yes I agree. I thought there was an ID 0r 10 in the cleanup/enlargement that I did   
https://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=854340.msg7224866#msg7224866 
 but then Ian started to be silly/seeing things so I gave up!
Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

***Restorers - Please do not use my restores without my permission. Thanks***