Author Topic: Louisa Jennings Cuneen McDougall  (Read 375 times)

Offline dunscore

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Louisa Jennings Cuneen McDougall
« on: Wednesday 20 October 21 04:42 BST (UK) »
In 1896 my Grandmother, Agnes McDougall gave birth to a daughter (father unknown) whom she named Louisa Jennings Cuneen McDougall.  The only reason I know of this baby is due to a DNA test through Ancestry, which showed a lady with very close connections to me.  (A birth Transcript for Louisa, confirmed she was the daughter of my Grandmother).
This lady is the granddaughter of Louisa.  However, Louisa was brought up by a lady named Mrs Jane Moss in the Windsor area of Sydney.  Her name was changed to Maud and she married in 1916. 
I have had quite a lot of contact with the granddaughter who now lives interstate and we would both love to know who the father of Louisa/Maud was.
I am assuming that the only way of discovering this, would be if a descendant of the father did a DNA, which would show up to both the granddaughter and to me.  Is there any other way of discovering this father? 
Maud (who would have been a half sister to my mother) died within 12 months of my mother.  They were both living in Sydney at the time and only about a half hour apart by car!  Whether my mother knew that she had two half sisters (the other being little Violet who died), I have no idea.  No one else in my family can shed any light and those that perhaps could have done so, have long since passed away.
Dunscore.

Offline sparrett

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Louisa Jennings Cuneen McDougall
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 20 October 21 05:26 BST (UK) »
A thorough read of this thread from last year may save some time in duplicating information which is already found .

https://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=838277.msg7044057#msg7044057

Sue
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline dunscore

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Louisa Jennings Cuneen McDougall
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 20 October 21 22:18 BST (UK) »
Thank you Sue,

I had re-read the info from last year.  I was just hoping there might have been a way that I could access any paperwork that might throw some info on the father of Louisa J C McDougall.  Being well over 100 years ago, I was hoping there might be a department I could contact.  Guess a descendant of the father doing a DNA test is going to be the only way forward.
I have a feeling that we may never know the identity of Louisa's biological father.
Thanks again,
Dunscore