Author Topic: ADELINE GLADYS DYER  (Read 1317 times)

Offline wildcats13

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: ADELINE GLADYS DYER
« Reply #18 on: Tuesday 26 October 21 02:07 BST (UK) »
I have just received the copy of Adeline Gladys Bull's Death Certificate Image and this confirms that she was 35 years old when married to Arthur F J Bull in Queensland, which means 1947. Arthur was also the informant. We still need to find out whether she married as Adeline Gladys Dyer or Ellis, as this would confirm whether Adeline G and Adeline C are the same person.
The Death Cert. indicates that there were NO issues either living or deceased.
I have just sent off for the marriage details of the Ellis-Dyer marriage for confirmation one way or another.
Wildcats13

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • NSW 1806 Bowman Flag Ecce signum.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Tuesday 26 October 21 02:42 BST (UK) »
The Death Cert. indicates that there were NO issues either living or deceased.

That would be indicating there were NO issue of the marriage /s - it won't include ex-nuptial births.

JM
The information in my posts is provided for academic and non-commercial research purposes. 
Random Acts of Kindness Given Freely are never Worthless for they are Priceless.
Qui scit et non docet.    Qui docet et non vivit.    Qui nescit et non interrogat.   
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
I do not have a face book or a twitter account.

Offline sparrett

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Tuesday 26 October 21 06:42 BST (UK) »
Hi Wildcats13,
Just to reassure you that The Adeline  C DYER is in fact Adeline Gladys DYER, The NSW Electoral Roll which I have mentioned show her as Adeline Gladys with Charles Laurie ELLIS .
The errors on the index are mistranscriptions of letters which can resemble one another in older script styles.

I have followed up on some details Charles Laurie ELLIS whose father is stated on Charles attestation to be Robert ELLIS of Collins Pde Ingleburn.

There was at that time One  Robert ELLIS of that area who was married to Bridget Angela O'Hara in 1885 in NSW (# 756)

Among their children was Mary born 1886 in Sydney (#68).

Here is the funeral notice for Bridget which mentions her children including one Charlie, whose birth to her I do not see.

https://trove.nla.gov.au/newspaper/article/245770124

This is only a hint of course, but I do wonder whether Robert ELLIS was in fact Charles Laurie ELLIS' grandfather and Mary ELLIS his mother.

I still cannot locate the daughter who married very young in QLD.
In a news item it is mentioned that she was 15 years at the time of her 1945 marriage.

Here is a picture of Harold WEAVER.

Sue

Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk