Author Topic: Mary FLINT nee FROST, Wirksworth  (Read 1111 times)

Offline spendlove

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • I've not edited my PROFILE yet
    • View Profile
Re: Mary FLINT nee FROST, Wirksworth
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday 27 October 21 21:36 BST (UK) »
Hi,

A word of caution, the article you are quoting on the Wirksworth site is a submitted family tree it does not form part of their transcribed records. Take a look at the submitted trees on Ancestry, using names from the article - very confused, mixed families and very few actual records.

The Lydia Flint mentioned was born in Staffordshire and married 1875, so you have a lot of research to get back to John Flint who was born and died Wirksworth 1762.

It is best to work backwards from who you actually know in your family, using census, parish registers, wills etc.

If you post information about your own family found from actual records, there are many people on this site who would be pleased to assist.

Spendlove

Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Spendlove, Strutt in London & Middlesex.

Offline Palomino

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Mary FLINT nee FROST, Wirksworth
« Reply #10 on: Thursday 28 October 21 08:49 BST (UK) »
Thank you very much for your input, Spendlove!
True, we have to be cautious about published private family trees.
I m not sure whether I may link to ancestry documents here. I ve found Abraham Flint's and Lydia Frost's  (both from Wirksworth) banns (no 124) in ancestry. Marriage was on 28 Feb 1763 (Derbyshire,Derby,1754-1837).
And I ve found Lydia's bapt on 5 Oct 1744 in Wirksworth, dau of John Frost.
I m really curious about her mother ...

I ve found the burial of Margaret wife of John Frost of Wirksworth (Derbyshire, England, Church of England Baptisms, Marriages and Burials, 1538-1812, Wirksworth, 1697-1812) in Jan 1755 (in ancestry many people mention 1765 though ...). I m searching for their marriage, have already gone through the Wirksworth registers, no sign. Maybe the marriage took place somewhere else.