Author Topic: Taumuller Family in Bethlehem, OFS, South Africa  (Read 705 times)

Offline vangasser

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Taumuller Family in Bethlehem, OFS, South Africa
« on: Wednesday 27 October 21 19:44 BST (UK) »
Hi Everyone, As a teenager, I had a friend name Klauss Taumuller. I know he was later married and had several children. If anyone has any idea of the whereabouts of this family, I would very much appreciate it. I seem to remember that he had two brothers (one older and one younger) and one sister. The apparently immigrated from Germany, or one of the German-speaking European countries. He also spent a short while at the Police Headquarters technical staff in Pretoria. The last time I saw him was around 1974.
Thank you much, vangasser.

Offline pampoen

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Taumuller Family in Bethlehem, OFS, South Africa
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 28 October 21 08:41 BST (UK) »
Put this on a group called Waar in die Wereld on Facebook.
Austin, Ayling, Alborough, Bescoby, Cheal, Groom,Rathbone,Tarboton,Lyell and Smith.

Offline TreeSpirit

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 28 October 21 11:19 BST (UK) »
Originally I could not find anything useful for “Taumuller” until I found the following obit:

“Gabriella Taumuller, ook n inwoner van die Bethlehem-aftreeoord, is verlede week op haar 91ste verjaardag oorlede.
Sy en haar man het in 1952 met hul twee klein kindertjies van Duitsland na Bethlehem gekom.
Die Taumullers het baie jare die kwekery op die dorp gehad.
Hulle het altesaam sewe kinders gehad wat almal leerlinge van Voortrekker was.
Gabriella is Woensdag uit die Katolieke kerk begrawe.”
(maluti 23 Jul 2014)

But I hit a dead end when I tried to find more about this lady …
Eventually I realized that their official name was “Thaumuller” and then loads of stuff started to pop up:
e.g. Robert Albrecht Andreas (1925-2005), Gabrielle Wilhelmine (1923-2014) and their 2 sons left London in Jul 1952 and were going to land in for Cape town. They would have more children in South Africa.

You should now be able to find more "Thaumullers" in South Africa ... As they seem to be one big family, I assume that one of them should know more about the person you are looking for.

NB Rootschat has a no living person policy, so you will need to remove those details.

Offline vangasser

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 11 December 21 18:30 GMT (UK) »
Hi TreeSpirit, Thank you so kindly for your THAUMULLER information. Hopefully I will be able to reach them. I am sorry that I missed the Gabrielle information. She was a good person. Interesting that you have so many daughters mentioned and not the three boys. I will work on the new information and see if Klauss is easier to find now. Again, Thank you much. vangasser.