Author Topic: Can't find marriage entry for Maurice Kirby and Kate Mary Finucane in Feb 1864  (Read 1681 times)

Offline heywood

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Can't find marriage entry for Maurice Kirby and Kate Mary Finucane in Feb 1864
« Reply #9 on: Sunday 07 November 21 10:00 GMT (UK) »
The marriage of Ellen Finucane to Dennis Quinliven
https://civilrecords.irishgenealogy.ie/churchrecords/images/marriage_returns/marriages_1873/11268/8132184.pdf

This is the one Jang has as sister to those two brides. They are from Carrigparsons/Carrickparson and if I have read correctly, their brother John was an MP. Is that right?
The witness to this marriage is Maggie Finucane so perhaps she is the 4th of the sisters.

Doesn’t help with Maurice though.
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Jang

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Can't find marriage entry for Maurice Kirby and Kate Mary Finucane in Feb 1864
« Reply #10 on: Sunday 07 November 21 10:01 GMT (UK) »
Thanks, Kiltaglassan, I can rule out this Edmond Finucane. The one I'm interested in was in Limerick.
England:
Durham: COULSON, FENWICK, HUNTER, LOWES, NAYLOR, ROBSON
Norfolk: DEWING, OUGHTON, TAYLOR,
Lancashire: TWEDDLE
Ireland: KEATING, KIRBY, Limerick; NELSON, Donegal
Scotland: BENNIE, Glasgow; COOK, Renfrewshire; HENDERSON, Alloa/Dundee; HUNTER, Glasgow; KIRKWOOD, Alloa; LAMONT, Dalkeith; YOUNG, Glasgow
Switzerland: VOSTI, DELUBINI
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Kiltaglassan

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Seven Sisters mountain range in Co Donegal
    • View Profile
Researching: Cuthbertson – Co. Derry, Scotland & Australia; Hunter – Co. Derry; Jackson – Co. Derry, Scotland & Canada; Scott – Co. Derry; Neilly – Co. Antrim & USA; McCurdy – Co. Antrim; Nixon – Co. Cavan, Co. Donegal, Canada & USA; Ryan & Noble – Co. Sligo

Offline heywood

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Sunday 07 November 21 10:09 GMT (UK) »

It's really Maurice's father I'm interested in. I know the father of the one who married Bridget Finucane is Bartholomew. The father of the Maurice who married Kate Mary Finucane would be Bartholomew's brother. The clue is in "cousin to Patrick Synan Kirby Esq" - Patrick Synan Kirby is the brother of the first Maurice Kirby. His other brothers were Jeremiah, Thomas Brien and James Kirby but I don't know which one had the son Maurice who married Kate Mary Finucane.

Phew, so complicated when all I need is the marriage registration :-)

Sorry about this. Do you mean:
Maurice Kirby (married to Bridget) is the brother of Patrick Synan Kirby and they are sons of Bartholomew.
Are Jeremiah, Thomas Brien and James Kirby, brothers to Bartholomew?

Offline Jang

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Sunday 07 November 21 10:14 GMT (UK) »
Yes heywood, that Ellen is their sister. A brother, Edmond Finucane, married Bridget Quinlivan in 1876. Yes, their brother John was an MP. I wondered about the Maggie Finucane who was a witness. Online trees have 4 brothers, John, Edmond, Patrick and Michael so perhaps she was one of their wives.
England:
Scotland: BENNIE, Glasgow; COOK, Renfrewshire; HENDERSON, Alloa/Dundee; HUNTER, Glasgow; KIRKWOOD, Alloa; LAMONT, Dalkeith; YOUNG, Glasgow

Offline Jang

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Sunday 07 November 21 10:17 GMT (UK) »
Yes heywood, Maurice Kirby (married to Bridget) is the brother of Patrick Synan Kirby and they are sons of Bartholomew. Jeremiah, Thomas Brien and James Kirby are brothers to Bartholomew?
England:

Offline heywood

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Sunday 07 November 21 10:28 GMT (UK) »
Yes heywood, that Ellen is their sister. A brother, Edmond Finucane, married Bridget Quinlivan in 1876. Yes, their brother John was an MP. I wondered about the Maggie Finucane who was a witness. Online trees have 4 brothers, John, Edmond, Patrick and Michael so perhaps she was one of their wives.

There are baptisms 1830/40s to Edmund Finucane (spelling variations and Mary Coleman in Hospital parish, Limerick. These have some of the names.
https://registers.nli.ie/parishes/0268

However, they are not helping with Maurice. :)

Offline merrick7

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Wednesday 10 November 21 23:14 GMT (UK) »
Jang

I presume you know that the Kirby/Kerby's are buried in Cahercorney

https://historicgraves.com/graveyard/cahercorney/li-chcy

P J

Offline Jang

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Friday 12 November 21 01:08 GMT (UK) »
Yes, thanks PJ, I do have this info. According to his death certificate, this Maurice Kirby was a bachelor, aged 50, so not the one married to Kate Mary Finucane in 1864.

So many Maurice Kirbys  :(
England: