Author Topic: Lookup - Queensland Police Gazette 1921 - Sarah Ann JAMES nee COOPER  (Read 169 times)

Offline cbissell

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Lookup - Queensland Police Gazette 1921 - Sarah Ann JAMES nee COOPER
« on: Saturday 13 November 21 03:43 GMT (UK) »
Hi guys,
I'm hoping there's someone that might be able to lay their hands on the records within the Jan to July 1921 Queensland Police Gazette records that I believe are held at Queensland State Archives?

I've been searching to try and identify what happened to Sarah Ann James of Balaclava Street, Rockhampton around 1915/1916 as she drops off the face of the earth at that point. There are stories of an unhappy home and the children all appear to leave at that point but I haven't found anything concrete on Sarah.

I have found however a listing in the Queensland Police Gazette INDEX for that name in the Jan to July 1921 index stating she is a complainant on page 121 however I haven't found any online resources to verify if this is the same Sarah or another.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,
Corey
https://www.wikitree.com/genealogy/Bissell-Family-Tree-1199

Bissell, James, Robertson, Cartledge, Luckman, Bonnyman, Radcliffe, Appelbee, Staley, Elliott, Mason, Greenaway, O'Loughlin.

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • NSW 1806 Bowman Flag Ecce signum.
    • View Profile
Re: Lookup - Queensland Police Gazette 1920 - Sarah Ann JAMES nee COOPER
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 13 November 21 04:01 GMT (UK) »
Have you considered asking Qld State Archives to check their holdings,  perhaps their Covid arrangements assist their staff to electronically look up even where the enquirer is Brisbane based.   Or alternatively try the Ask The Librarian online resource at Qld State Library...

JM.
The information in my posts is provided for academic and non-commercial research purposes. 
Random Acts of Kindness Given Freely are never Worthless for they are Priceless.
Qui scit et non docet.    Qui docet et non vivit.    Qui nescit et non interrogat.   
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
I do not have a face book or a twitter account.

Offline cbissell

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 13 November 21 04:12 GMT (UK) »
Nah Queensland haven't had COVID restrictions affecting this for some time now. I can get archives to provide a digital copy of the series of issues which the item contains, but it's a for fee arrangement. :/
Was kinda hoping someone local was able to pop in.

Bissell, James, Robertson, Cartledge, Luckman, Bonnyman, Radcliffe, Appelbee, Staley, Elliott, Mason, Greenaway, O'Loughlin.

Offline cbissell

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 13 November 21 04:16 GMT (UK) »
Ah I can see SLQ does have a copy of the Gould Compendium though, I'll check if they can assist in the lookup.

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Saturday 13 November 21 04:41 GMT (UK) »
I see....  I am in NSW so not a local.  I assumed the Qld Archives were in Brisbane. Your profile has you in Brisbane.

JM.
The information in my posts is provided for academic and non-commercial research purposes. 
Random Acts of Kindness Given Freely are never Worthless for they are Priceless.
Qui scit et non docet.    Qui docet et non vivit.    Qui nescit et non interrogat.   

Offline cbissell

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Saturday 13 November 21 05:00 GMT (UK) »
No worries, I just have it to my nearest capital for privacy :D

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Lookup - Queensland Police Gazette 1921 - Sarah Ann JAMES nee COOPER
« Reply #6 on: Saturday 13 November 21 05:26 GMT (UK) »
Good idea.

JM.

Offline cbissell

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Thursday 18 November 21 23:05 GMT (UK) »
I was a little sceptical regarding the SLQ lookup service, but they responded rather quickly with the full excerpt from the requested record!

A great service that I would highly recommend.

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Thursday 18 November 21 23:30 GMT (UK) »
Thank you for sharing that outcome,  I have always found the staff at Public Libraries throughout all of Australia to be helpful, knowledgeable and friendly. 

JM