Author Topic: Help deciphering Italian Birth Certificate/Record (for my gt-gran)  (Read 122 times)

Offline SiCallear

• RootsChat Member
  • One day my family history will become Callear!!
    • View Profile
Help deciphering Italian Birth Certificate/Record (for my gt-gran)
« on: Saturday 13 November 21 20:50 GMT (UK) »
Hi,

Can anyone help to decipher the attached Italian Birth Certificate (top left)? A fellow Rootschat user has pointed me in it's direction and I believe it is for my gt-gran.

Original Link: ttp://dl.antenati.san.beniculturali.it/v/Archivio+di+Stato+di+Lecce/Stato+civile+italiano/Casarano/Nati/1892/980/007832645_00921.jpg.html?g2_imageViewsIndex=0

My Aunt is fluent Italian but sadly currently has tight deadlines with her work.

I'd very much appreciate your input, if you are able to decipher some/all of its contents.

Everything crossed!
Callear/Gallear and a growing list of (mis)spellings

One day my family history will become Callear!!

Offline Mary50

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Help deciphering Italian Birth Certificate/Record (for my gt-gran)
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 14 November 21 14:28 GMT (UK) »

The year 1892, October 4, at 9:15 A.M., at city hall, in my presence, Gimabattista de Donatis, Mayor of the Comune of Casarano, appeared Leonarda Calizzo, age 57, midwife, living in Casarano, who declared that at 11:15 A.M. on the first of the current month of October in the house on Via Case Nuove, from  Giuseppa Sarrone, daughter of Paolo, domestic/housewife, wife of Sebastiano Lepore, farmer, both living in Casarano, was born a female child whom she presents and gives the name of Cesaria Matilde.
The witnesses are Giuseppe Pedaci, age 37, Municipal Guard; Cesario Marzo, age 49, Attendant, both living in this comune.  The declarer reported the birth in place of the husband of Sarrone as he cannot report it because of work.
The present act was read to all those present who have signed, except the declarer who said she is illiterate.
I am not entirely sure that the momís last name begins with an S.  It might be an L or even an I.  If you look at other records from the town, you can probably figure out what it is.

Hope this helps to advance your research.
Mary

Offline SiCallear

• RootsChat Member
  • One day my family history will become Callear!!
    • View Profile
Re: Help deciphering Italian Birth Certificate/Record (for my gt-gran)
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 14 November 21 15:06 GMT (UK) »
Mary50

That is absolutely fantastic and I have surfaced a typed document that states Lepore.

Thank you so very much!
Callear/Gallear and a growing list of (mis)spellings

One day my family history will become Callear!!