Author Topic: Duffield family in Suffolk  (Read 138 times)

Offline Martshou

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Duffield family in Suffolk
« on: Sunday 14 November 21 21:28 GMT (UK) »
i am looking for information about the parents of Frances Duffield who was born in Gorleston, Suffolk in about 1805. Different census records give her a birthdate between 1801 and 1811. I have tried all these dates in Ancestry, Family Search and Find My Past but cannot find her. Any suggestions will be gratefully received.

Offline emeltom

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Duffield family in Suffolk
« Reply #1 on: Monday 15 November 21 09:41 GMT (UK) »
What about this for a possibility?

Frances Duffell born 12 August 1805, privately baptised 25 August 1805 in Gorleston with Southdown. Parents Robert and Elizabeth (nee Carmer).

Image of original on FindMyPast.
Smith Tiplady Boulton Branthwaite King Miller Woolfall Bretherton Archer and many more

Offline emeltom

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 15 November 21 09:49 GMT (UK) »
There are several other children baptised to the couple, starting in Fritton and moving to Gorleston, all on FindMyPast. Elizabeth's maiden name is Carman rather than Carmer, however I haven't found a marriage so far.
Smith Tiplady Boulton Branthwaite King Miller Woolfall Bretherton Archer and many more

Offline emeltom

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 15 November 21 10:09 GMT (UK) »
Found it.

Richard Duffield, bachelor of Heatherset, Norfolk and Elizabeth Carman, spinster of Martham, Norfolk married by Licence at Martham 10 December 1783. Witnesses Richard Garnham and Ralph Newby.

Again image on FindMyPast

Offline Martshou

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday 16 November 21 06:41 GMT (UK) »
You are brilliant! Thank you so much. Where did you find all this information? I thought I had looked everywhere and I would have expected to see the record with the surname spelled differently amongst the others.

Anyway, I really appreciate you going to all that trouble and I will see if I can find the records myself. 😄