Author Topic: Help I have hit a wall!  (Read 1181 times)

Offline dawnyj

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Help I have hit a wall!
« on: Monday 15 November 21 19:07 GMT (UK) »
Hi all
I have posted recently regarding searching for the Father of my Gr Gr Gr grandfather Thomas Russell. I know his father is called John and was a nailer but despite searching repeatedly I am going round in circles. I wondered if anyone had any tips.  I am wondering how would I find any record relating to his birth or mother if maybe he was never baptised? He was married to Frances Russell in Tamworth at St Edithas church but all other trees I see that potentially could be for his family have a different Thomas or have father as a builder and not a nailer...I have all of his census entries from him living in Bilston after his marriage where he is an engine fitter except for 1841! I am literally pulling my hair out now, so if anyone can help Id greatly appreciate it.
lister, blanton, higgins, russell, brittle, flavell,  birch, jones, evans, howell, wootton, marsh, marchlensky, woodward, Lewis, Sene, Prenault, Preynold, Lockett, Priest, Hassals, Nadin, Heath, Tarbuck

Offline CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
Re: Help I have hit a wall!
« Reply #1 on: Monday 15 November 21 19:21 GMT (UK) »
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)

Offline dawnyj

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 15 November 21 19:24 GMT (UK) »
Thankyou Carole, sorry for requesting twice but I genuinely cant fathom out where to move next.
lister, blanton, higgins, russell, brittle, flavell,  birch, jones, evans, howell, wootton, marsh, marchlensky, woodward, Lewis, Sene, Prenault, Preynold, Lockett, Priest, Hassals, Nadin, Heath, Tarbuck

Offline panda40

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 15 November 21 19:32 GMT (UK) »
Sometimes the best thing to do is leave a brick wall for 6 months. Wait while more resources become available and then return to the problem with fresh eyes. Sometimes you go round and round in circles and miss the obvious.
The other thing you can try is researching siblings as this sometimes leads to clues in their information.
Regards
Panda
Chapman. Kent/Liverpool 1900+
Linnett.Kent/liverpool 1900+
Button. Kent
Sawyer. Kent
Swain. Kent
Austin/en. Kent
Ellen. Kent
Harman. Kent/ norfolk

Offline dawnyj

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Monday 15 November 21 19:36 GMT (UK) »
That might be the thing to do I guess. I am trying to ascertain who William and Louisa Allen are at the moment, they are witnesses on marriage document.   I have no idea who siblings are at all which is compounding the issue as I am struggling to find a work around for the problem, thanks for the advice though! I think that you may be right tbh.

Offline ShaunJ

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Monday 15 November 21 19:37 GMT (UK) »
Have you seen the John Rusell in Dudley in the 1851 census? A nailer aged 50, born Pelsall
UK Census info. Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Pheno

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Monday 15 November 21 19:40 GMT (UK) »
If you have all the census entries for Thomas from 1851 onwards, can you please let us have details of the birth dates and places recorded on each.

Pheno
Austin/Austen - Sussex & London
Bond - Berkshire & London
Bishop - Sussex & Kent
Holland - Essex
Nevitt - Cheshire & Staffordshire
Wray - Yorkshire

Offline dawnyj

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Monday 15 November 21 19:41 GMT (UK) »
Have you seen the John Rusell in Dudley in the 1851 census? A nailer aged 50, born Pelsall

Is his wife called Elizabeth?

Offline dawnyj

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Monday 15 November 21 19:50 GMT (UK) »
If you have all the census entries for Thomas from 1851 onwards, can you please let us have details of the birth dates and places recorded on each.

Pheno
1851 Shelfield est Birth yr 1828 age 23
1861 Brownhills est birth yr 1826 age 35
1871 Ogley Hay est birth yr  1827 age 44
1881 Brownhills est Birth yr 1827 age 54
1891 Brownhills  es birth yr 1827 age 64

Died 1893 aged 66

many thanks