Author Topic: Help deciphering/translating one Polish/two Russian records [Tylman family]  (Read 1043 times)

Offline garstonite

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Help deciphering/translating one Polish/two Russian records [Tylman family]
« Reply #9 on: Friday 19 November 21 09:29 GMT (UK) »
Can I just point out - Rohatyn - Rogatyn  where my father in law was born .
there is an area of about 11 miles wide on the Poland - Ukraine border that changes hands a lot -
Rohatyn is the Ukraine name for this town - Rogatyn is the Polish name for this town
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Poland%E2%80%93Ukraine_
I see Barglow and Augustow are close to the Belarus border - I think you will find many Polish Eastern border towns that many spoke Polish AND Russian - face facts - The Russians have invaded most of those areas - I seem to remember reading borders being moved after both WW1 and WW2 - maybe it is worth researching border towns of Eastern Poland to see if Barglow and Augustus were ever under Russian rule .
hope this helps
oakes,liverpool..neston..backford..poulton cum spittal(bebington)middlewich,cheshire......   sacht,helgoland  .......merrick,herefordshire adams,shropshire...tipping..ellis..  jones,garston,liverpool..hartley.dunham massey..barker. salford

Offline tonepad

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Friday 19 November 21 09:39 GMT (UK) »
Augustow was in Congress Poland (Russian Poland) 1815-1918.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Congress_Poland

Tony
Aucock/Aukett~Kent/Sussex, Broadway~Oxfordshire, Danks~Warwickshire, Fenn~Kent/Norfolk, Goatham~Kent, Hunt~Kent, Parker~Middlesex, Perry~Kent, Sellers~Kent/Yorkshire, Sladden~Kent, Wright~Kent/Essex

Offline garstonite

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Friday 19 November 21 09:46 GMT (UK) »
interesting Tony - NEVER HEARD OF Congress Poland before - I will google that - might explain a few details of my father in laws choice to fight with the Germans in WW2 - he was with the following -

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/14th_Waffen_Grenadier_Division_of_the_SS_(1st_Galician)
 this was because the Russians had invaded Ukraine - so the Ukranians chose to fight with the Germans against the Russians
he was shot in Italy and shipped to England in 1946 as a POW
oakes,liverpool..neston..backford..poulton cum spittal(bebington)middlewich,cheshire......   sacht,helgoland  .......merrick,herefordshire adams,shropshire...tipping..ellis..  jones,garston,liverpool..hartley.dunham massey..barker. salford

Offline SiCallear

• RootsChat Senior
  • One day my family history will become Callear!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Friday 19 November 21 12:59 GMT (UK) »
Has anyone else used the following site to find documents :

https://www.szukajwarchiwach.gov.pl

A fellow RC member has located a couple of interesting  documents (see links earlier in thread) but I can't work out how to use the search function to find these documents. My logic been that if I can repeat the search then I can do new searches with confidence.  ???
Callear/Gallear and a growing list of (mis)spellings

One day my family history will become Callear!!

Offline JohninSussex

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Sunday 21 November 21 00:58 GMT (UK) »
Very roughly: (in the first one all the ages seem to be either thirty or thirty something.  The dates are given in both Julian and Gregorian calendar as you can see.

In Bargłow on the 21 May (2 June) 1895 appeared Antoni Karpiński, landowner, 30x (37?) years living at B. in the presence of Franciszek Kalowek (?)30x and Aleksander Trochowski 30x? years of age, and presented an infant of the female sex, declared that it was born in B. 14th (26th) May at 2 in the afternoon of his lawful wife Rozalia Kotowska 27 years of age and given the name Aleksandra and with god parents Anton Trochowski and Anna Wi????.. 

In Augustów on the 25th March (6th April) 1893 appeared Franciszek Kuderski 30 years and Piotr Aleksandrowicz 27 years of age, both church wardens resident in Augustów, and declared that yesterday at 8 in the evening died in Augustów Piotr Tylman three years and six months of age son of Franciszek and Tekla née Jejer a married couple ... (a bit more follows)

The marriage one is quite long I wonder if there is anything you are looking for from it?
Rutter, Sampson, Swinerd, Head, Redman in Kent.  Others in Cheshire, Manchester, Glos/War/Worcs.
RUTTER family and Matilda Sampson's Will:

Offline SiCallear

• RootsChat Senior
  • One day my family history will become Callear!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Sunday 21 November 21 08:03 GMT (UK) »
Thanks JohninSussex!

I'm interested in the usual names, ages, dates, relationships, professions, etc. It is hard to gauge whether the document contacts much of this or is predominantly the boilerplate text (poor registrar having to keep right that!)
Callear/Gallear and a growing list of (mis)spellings

One day my family history will become Callear!!

Offline brigidmac

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Computer incompetent but stiil trying
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Sunday 21 November 21 13:06 GMT (UK) »
i have Russian relatives who left Russian Latvia in 1880.s the graves of those who immigrated from England to USA are often up to 6 years out
i think there was some discrepancyY WITH THE OLDER CHILDREN DECLARING THEY WERE BORN IN manchesteR ENGLAND WHEN actually born in jacobstadt  latvian Russia Having found birth records and school records in England and confirming  it was indeed same family them American descendents have been formed several ladies lived well into their 90's but were older than their grandchildren believed .

( apologies foe shouty capitals ..I type blidnd + coreect after  if necesssary
Roberts,Fellman.Macdermid smith jones,Bloch,Irvine,Hallis Stevenson

Offline JohninSussex

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Sunday 21 November 21 17:26 GMT (UK) »
Thanks JohninSussex!

I'm interested in the usual names, ages, dates, relationships, professions, etc. It is hard to gauge whether the document contacts much of this or is predominantly the boilerplate text (poor registrar having to keep right that!)

As you say there is a lot of standard wording some of which I have shortened.  If you come across a Polish person it would be a good idea to check this.  Especially "livestock farm" which is pretty much a guess.

In Bargłów the 2nd Sept 1919 in the presence of witness Franciszek Oleksa? 33 years and Jan Karpiński 60 years of age farmer living at Bargłów confirmed that a religious marriage was concluded of Pawel Tylman "youngman" 25 years of age born and residing at Augustów son of Franciszek and of Tekla Jejer a married couple... and Aleksandra Karpińska "maiden" 24 years of age born and residing (on the livestock farm???) at Bargłów daughter of farmer Antoni [Karpiński] and of Rozalia Kotowska a married couple.  Marriage banns were published three times in the parish churches of Bargłów and of Augustów on the 17th 24th and 31st Aug, (and so on naming the priest etc)

It's obvious what youngman and maiden mean but I used the words from the FamilySearch glossary .
Rutter, Sampson, Swinerd, Head, Redman in Kent.  Others in Cheshire, Manchester, Glos/War/Worcs.
RUTTER family and Matilda Sampson's Will: