Author Topic: Birth/baptism of my 5 x great grandmother Fortune Bullen  (Read 268 times)

Offline teragram31510

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Birth/baptism of my 5 x great grandmother Fortune Bullen
« on: Wednesday 17 November 21 10:06 GMT (UK) »
In case anyone has access to records I haven't yet found (I need to subscribe to FindMyPast probably), I'm looking for a birth/baptism of Fortune Bullen around 1711, probably in Somerset, and possibly a non-conformist record. She married William Hutchings in 1731 at Crewkerne and was buried in 1777 in Seavington aged 66. Who her parents, and hopefully siblings were is of course the question.

Offline AllanUK

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Re: Birth/baptism of my 5 x great grandmother Fortune Bullen
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 17 November 21 11:11 GMT (UK) »
No baptism on Find My Past, only her marriage in 1731.

Bride - Fortune Bullen
Bride's Parish - Seavington St Mary
Groom - William Hutchens
Groom's Parish - Kingstone
Date of marriage - 20 April 1731
Place of marriage - Crewkerne

Online Annette7

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 17 November 21 14:38 GMT (UK) »
A Richard Bullen, of Seavington St Mary, married Hannah Hutchins, of Kingstone, March 1726 at Ilton, Somerset.   Sounds like this may have been a brother of Fortune i.e. 2 siblings marrying 2 siblings.

Alas, can't see a likely baptism for him either.

Annette
Scopes (One-Name Study - Worldwide)
Suffolk - Grist, Knights, Bullenthorpe, Watcham
Scotland - Spence, Horne, Cowan, Moffat
London -  Monk

Don't walk behind me, I may not lead.   Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow.   Just walk beside me and be my friend.

Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline teragram31510

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 18 November 21 18:13 GMT (UK) »
A Richard Bullen, of Seavington St Mary, married Hannah Hutchins, of Kingstone, March 1726 at Ilton, Somerset.   Sounds like this may have been a brother of Fortune i.e. 2 siblings marrying 2 siblings.

Thank you AllanUK and Annette7 for replying - yes I have the information about Richard and Hannah, (but William had no sister Hannah, though she may have been a cousin), also a marriage of a Magdalen, of Seavington, and John Donne in 1732. Were they all one family is the unsolvable question.

I can't find any children for Richard and Hannah and think she may have died - though no burial either - as a Richard and Elizabeth had several children in the late 1730s and 40s baptised in Seavington. Another one of them was a Simeon (no baptism record found, but I have his brother John's will) and interestingly one of Fortune's grandsons, my 3x greatgrandfather b. 1765, was a Simeon. There were no Simeons in his father's or mother's families between 1765 and 1517, and 1765 and 1623 respectively.

I guess I've hit a brick wall with this one...