Author Topic: What happened to Harold Frost born 1910?  (Read 178 times)

Offline Davedrave

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
What happened to Harold Frost born 1910?
« on: Thursday 18 November 21 16:18 GMT (UK) »
Harold Sanders Frost was baptised in Coventry in 1910 (born 19 October according to this record). He was the son of Harold and Ann Frost, who had married in Coventry in 1909. They are there in the 1911 Census. Ann Frost had been born December 9 1884 (Annie Eliza Thompson) in Coventry.

In 1939 an Ann Frost was living in Seabrook Road, Weston super Mare, whose date of birth is the same as that of Annie Frost nee Thompson. She was a widow.
I have found a Harold Frost in the 1939 Register with the same birth date as Harold Sanders Frost of Coventry, but he is living in Manchester (Radcliffe) with people who look likely to be his parents and appear unconnected with Ann and Harold Frost of Coventry.

Apart from her age another possible reason that Ann Frost in Weston may be the Ann Frost I’m interested in is that Weston is not very far from Filton, Bristol, where Ann of Coventry’s sister was certainly living in 1939. But what happened to her son Harold?

Offline bearkat

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: What happened to Harold Frost born 1910?
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 18 November 21 16:30 GMT (UK) »
AB Harold Sanders Frost, son of Harold and Ann Eliza died 24 January 1941.

https://www.cwgc.org/find-records/find-war-dead/casualty-details/2479525/frost,%20harold%20sanders/
Middx - VAUS, ROBERTS, EVERSFIELD, INMAN, STAR, HOLBECK, WYATT, BICKFORD, SMITH, REDWOOD
Hants - SMALL, HAMMERTON, GRIST, FRYER, TRODD, DAGWELL, PARKER, WOODFORD, CROUTEAR, BECK, BENDELL, KEEPING, HARDING, BULL
Kent - BAYLY, BORER, MITCHELL, PLANE, VERNON, FARRANCE, CHAPMAN, MEDHURST, LOMAX, WYATT, IDEN
Devon - TOPE, BICKFORD, FOSTER
YKS - QUIRK, McGUIRE, BENN
Nott/Derbs - SLACK
Herts - BARNES
L'pool- PLUMBE
 All UK census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline cath151

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 18 November 21 16:38 GMT (UK) »
Sinnock/Sinnicks...Brighton,Greenwich.
Clements,Coles,Mc Donagh,Rock

Census InformationCrown Copyright from www.national archives.gov.uk

Offline Davedrave

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 18 November 21 16:46 GMT (UK) »
AB Harold Sanders Frost, son of Harold and Ann Eliza died 24 January 1941.

https://www.cwgc.org/find-records/find-war-dead/casualty-details/2479525/frost,%20harold%20sanders/

Many thanks for finding this.
It is very sad because Ann lost her two brothers in the First World War, and then her son in the Second.
I don’t think that the 1939 Register entry was him, but maybe he was abroad when the register was taken. It also seems slightly odd that the CWGC record names both parents when Ann was a widow by 1939, but maybe that is normal? Oddly, I had found a 1959 death registration in Weston for a Harold Frost born in 1880, which would fit Harold Sanders father, but maybe just a coincidence, unless that “widow” entry is a mistake.

Dave

Offline Davedrave

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Thursday 18 November 21 16:52 GMT (UK) »
Lived an interesting life according to the papers
https://www.britishnewspaperarchive.co.uk/search/results?basicsearch=harold%20sanders%20frost&retrievecountrycounts=false

Cathy

Many thanks Cathy, that is amazing. Very interesting and it explains his absence from the 1939 Register too. I never cease to be amazed with the help I get on RootsChat (including bearkat in my thanks too, of course).

Dave