Author Topic: Veterans information card, VA Form 3-7202a address, July 1948; address?  (Read 88 times)

Offline trees241

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Veterans information card, VA Form 3-7202a address, July 1948; address?
« on: Friday 19 November 21 05:20 GMT (UK) »
Hi All,

I am researching my great-grandfather. I found a potential lead on a veterans card, VA Form 3-7202a, similar to: https://history.stackexchange.com/questions/48599/how-to-decode-read-us-veterans-bureau-form-7202. Anyone have experience with this type of card?

Since the document I found has a printed date of Jul 1948 in the lower left corner (similar to link above), is it safe to assume the information typed on the card (address, DOB) is accurate to Jul 1948 or is the typed information from a different time and the card is merely a reference to older information? I found a potential death record from March, but this card (apparently from Jul 1948) does not list a death date.

Edit: FamilySearch states: "Each card contains the name of the veteran as well as other personal identifying information such as home address at the time of enlistment" -- so perhaps the address would not be relevant to 1948. Let me know your thoughts, thanks!

Thanks for your help!

Offline sbny357

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Veterans information card, VA Form 3-7202a address, July 1948; address?
« Reply #1 on: Friday 19 November 21 12:33 GMT (UK) »
The date printed on the form simply indicates the latest revision date for the form itself. The form could have been filled out any time after that date.

Steve