Author Topic: Surname ELD, Leicestershire  (Read 978 times)

Online KGarrad

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Surname ELD, Leicestershire
« Reply #9 on: Saturday 20 November 21 16:46 GMT (UK) »
Some of the earlier births (on FreeBMD) are in Coventry & Warwickshire.
Others are in London.
Garrad (Suffolk, Essex, Somerset), Crocker (Somerset), Vanstone (Devon, Jersey), Sims (Wiltshire), Bridger (Kent)

Offline Rick Aindow

• RootsChat Extra
  • facebook.com/RickAindowGenealogy
    • View Profile
Re: Surname ELD, Leicestershire
« Reply #10 on: Saturday 20 November 21 20:45 GMT (UK) »
There is a Matthew Eld living in Leicester in Leicester but we can't give details of living people.

It should be possible to find out his ancestry through the usual BMD records etc.

I managed to get back quite quickly and I think I found his ancestor, Cyril, born in 1904.

However, he was born before his parents married but, given his middle name, his father was Charles Eld.
KIRKLAND, CYRIL  ELA (ELD?) - no mother's maiden name
GRO Reference: 1904  S Quarter in LEICESTER  Volume 07A  Page 192

There are some trees, including photographs - e.g. https://www.ancestry.co.uk/family-tree/person/tree/19446202/person/803426364/facts

David

Thank you David, I’ll check this out, I did a google search for Matthew ELD, Leicester as that was only information available on the ancestry DNA match, I think the main results were for a policeman in Leicester (I reckon this could be him but he hasn’t a tree)
I am trying to match up who would have been in the same place and same timeframe as my grandmother in 1920 she was born in Formby, Lancashire in 1900 my grandmother eventually married in Leicester in 1924 but the man she married is not the genetic parent of my father b1921 in Formby and had no father shown on his birth certificate, I have 2 possible males from the Newbold line whose line started around Shepshed Leicester early 1800’s but this ELD is a new high DNA match
Aindow  - Formby Lancashire
Atkins - Devon, & Buckinghamshire
Daniels - Staffordshire
Wilcox & Ryder - Potteries
October & Whyburd - Cape Town South Africa
Portman - Rowley Regis, Staffordshire
Tasker - Kent
Steer - Devon
Cross - Devon
Cole - Devon