Author Topic: Can anyone find this family on 1871 because I can't!? Please! MORE INFO ENCLOSED  (Read 6335 times)

Offline SharonK

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Re: Can anyone find this family on 1871 because I can't!? Please! MORE INFO ENCLOSED
« Reply #45 on: Saturday 03 September 05 14:57 BST (UK) »
No I know  >:( annoying eh?!

I'm just working with the info off that new census return and have realised that it might make that marriage cert between Thomas Hindle and Alice Kenyon correct because on that Thomas' father is listed as William and occupation was tailor!!

Just been trying to trace the brother Jonathan through the census (couldn't initially find his potential parents of William and Ann on 1861) and have found a likely candidate b 1840c so a tiny bit out, living in Blackburn, a paper dealer, married to a Sarah J Abbott in 1870 (Blackburn Register Office). Was hoping to try and find something to link them (Hindle name cropping up or something but nothing as yet)

Wonder if full name would be on 1841 census?

S x
TASKER Oxfordshire, EATON Oxfordshire, WIGGANS Lancs, GIFFORD Lancs, PARK Lancs, COTTAM Lancs, BECK Lancs, WINSTANLEY Lancs/Cheshire, VARLEY Garstang/Lancs, NEWTON Preston/Lancs, WOODHOUSE Halton, ECCLES Preston, SCRAGG Oxford/Preston, LAKE/LEAKE/LEAK/LEEK! Preston, WILDING Longton, Lancs, GREEN Bilston/Wolverhampton, JACKSON Bilston/Albrighton, FISH Blackburn/Lancs, WHARTON Lancs

Offline SharonK

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Re: Can anyone find this family on 1871 because I can't!? Please! MORE INFO ENCLOSED
« Reply #46 on: Saturday 03 September 05 15:07 BST (UK) »
Oh gosh...

Found Jonathan on all census' returns now back to 1861 and in 1861 he was living with:

Ann Camm Head Unm 52 Housekeeper
William Beek (?! Grrr!) Lodger Wid 74 Tailor Ireland Cork
Jonathan Beek Son 22 Warehouseman Cotton Mill Blackburn

Least I think this is right but then his father's age would be way out to match the 1851 return and the birthplace is Ireland! Please tell me this is wrong, Ireland is hard to trace back with, right?!

S x
TASKER Oxfordshire, EATON Oxfordshire, WIGGANS Lancs, GIFFORD Lancs, PARK Lancs, COTTAM Lancs, BECK Lancs, WINSTANLEY Lancs/Cheshire, VARLEY Garstang/Lancs, NEWTON Preston/Lancs, WOODHOUSE Halton, ECCLES Preston, SCRAGG Oxford/Preston, LAKE/LEAKE/LEAK/LEEK! Preston, WILDING Longton, Lancs, GREEN Bilston/Wolverhampton, JACKSON Bilston/Albrighton, FISH Blackburn/Lancs, WHARTON Lancs

Offline MaryA

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • St Chads, Kirkby
    • View Profile
Re: Can anyone find this family on 1871 because I can't!? Please! MORE INFO ENCL
« Reply #47 on: Saturday 03 September 05 16:27 BST (UK) »
It gets more confusing by the minute.  On one hand it sounds quite right and on the other ...... Still don't be pessimistic, even though it is not as good as the others, the 1841 census, when you can find the details, will hopefully at least tell you whether William was born in the County and if not, then you could wonder about Ireland.  Difficult but at least with two sons at home you may be able to identify them in 1841.

And the beauty of this entry, if you have to investigate Ireland, is that at least you have the place CORK for a starting point.

Mary
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from The National Archives <br />Lunt (Wavertree/West Derby), Forshaw (West Derby), Richardson (Knowsley), Kent (Cheshire), <br />Cain (Hertfordshire, London), Larkins (Bedfordshire, London), Nunn (London), Lenton, Hillyard (Bedfordshire), <br />Parle, Lambert, Furlong, Wafer (Wexford)<br />Special separate interest in Longford (Blackrock, Dublin)

Offline Nessie

• I am sorry my emails are not working.
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: Saturday 03 September 05 18:11 BST (UK) »
In case anyone wants to check the 1861 census is at RG9/3098 folio 96 pge 23.

The census could be out on the age of William, it isn't unusual. I agree with Mary, you are fortunate that you have a county as well as Ireland

Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Nessie

• I am sorry my emails are not working.
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: Saturday 03 September 05 18:22 BST (UK) »
Just had a look in IGI for Becks in Cork. Could only find a couple and those in the 1870's But there are quite a few Beeks!! or Beiks.
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline SharonK

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: Saturday 03 September 05 20:58 BST (UK) »
Typical  ::)  ;D

Seems no one can get Beck right! Hoping that was a mistake and he's not really from Ireland! Have no one from Ireland and I thought it was hard to research over there? Weren't there a load of records destroyed?

S x