Author Topic: Diary summary week ending 28th November  (Read 2123 times)

Offline BushInn1746

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Grandma's 1920 School Case
    • View Profile
Re: Diary summary week ending 28th November
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday 24 November 21 10:29 GMT (UK) »

I guess this is a busy time for lots of people, we haven't heard much from some of the regular diarists lately. Hope everyone is well.

Hello All

Don't know if you'd class me as a 'regular', but here goes ...

I hope everyone is well or improving and keeping safe.

Beginning of the month, I treated myself to a few luxury chocolates, thinking I was recovering. By the end of the week I'd gradually eaten them and in the week that followed I was taken on the most frightening roller coaster trip and first four nights were awful, thirst, drinking water and weeing for Britain.

A spotty rash has re-emerged, which first started with the influenza last year which my Doctor had diagnosed as inflammation. Lost a little and just over 11 Stone.

My brain pains have almost disappeared and I'm feeling more positive now  ;D  ;D

I have now got 98%  :)  :)  :) Blood Oxygen at a right hand finger because readings have been erratic, although my right hand is still puffy at times.

Mrs P and I trying to get outside for a good walk each day and move about when at home too, which seems to help, although falling asleep some afternoons.

Getting my sugar from fruit like fresh raspberries, blueberries, a banana a day and mandarin oranges with about three desert spoons of a Natural Yoghurt (with only naturally occurring milk sugars 3%) and no sweeteners or added sugar, also additive and preservative free (my Doctor has not warned me against eating a Probiotic Yogurt), so I thought I'd try it and I've always been okay with dairy foods such as milk and cheese.

I'd already noticed fruit Yoghurts were helping me with my occasional nausea too. Because, the drug I was prescribed had this warning and the other side effects don't excite me at all either:- "Each buccal tablet contains 3.0 mg prochlorperazine maleate. ... are at a small increased risk of death compared with those who are not treated." Other data sheets say risk of "sudden death", NICE also repeat similar, so I'll stick with the Yogurt.

Some Influenza strains and Covid-19 are affecting the digestion system leaving sufferers with constipation and/or digestion system problems.
https://indianexpress.com/article/lifestyle/health/digestive-issues-after-covid-19-watch-out-for-these-symptoms-7362381/

Best to speak to a Doctor if anyone has concerns about their own health changes.

All the best, Mark

Offline Viktoria

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday 24 November 21 14:51 GMT (UK) »
Cold  Christmas  pud is nice as well
LM
Nice sliced and fried in butter( lightly) sprinkled with sugar and served with ice cream!

For some reason I am not getting notifications of messages,must have pressed on the wrong paragraph !
All well here , still looking at all the photographs of baby.

Well dreaded root canal filling tomorrow!

Our local Pharmacy ,Lloyds, has been very friendly and helpful ,but the Pharmacust gas gone and some new staff in.
The local staff were wonderful but seemingly changes have not been very tactful and the long serving staff are very upset ,they are like friends, always a laugh when you go in.
I am now a fortnight overdue for my repeat prescriptions ,sent by Dr  on as Nov 10 th to Pharmacy,I reminded them ten days ago but nothing as yet.
I am running out of heart medication I must not stop ,it is so bad the lovely former Pharmacist  has been on Facebook to apologise I believe and also “ What’s on in Ramsbottom “
I will call tomorrow’s when down at the dentist, appointment at 11O’clock so I
can ask if I go down early .only a five minute walk to Dentist ‘s from the Pharmacy.

Horse a little better , but time running out.
I was undecided re going down at Christmas but it will be lovely to see them all and they will drive up and back in the day ,so I am not on the train.
Flash Harry will have so many presents I think I will get some basics ,good books ,good crayons and art materials for his age.
Baby? Again ,a voucher fir parents to spend as and when,l have a little cuddly baby penguin attached to a very soft piece of material ,from M&S.a sort  of isnuggly hold to your face thingy!
My second son loved dragging round a towel!
First plucked fluff from blankets,rolled it into a Pom Pom and held it to his nose.Neither had a dummy.
Daughter did—- three month colic — despite being breast  fed .

Not sure how long I will stay ,hope second son will drive across from Newbury, but not sure how far that is.
He has hardly driven for two years ,hates driving anyway so that is a big if.
First son often not well so they are best left alone if so, otherwise they are most welcoming .
It will work out one way or another.

It is about time I started to make puds,cakes and mincemeat ,however they - my family - are all very health conscious ,so perhaps all that is a thing of the past .
Mincemeat perhaps as  it is nice to hand round fully home made mince
pies.
Did a Dundee cake last year, cuts out marzipan and icing ,Hugh  Fearnley  Whittingstall’s recipe .

Hope all are  alright , I am well, but not looking forward to all the painkillers  that will most  probably be injected for THE filing!

Better tidy up in case I am proper poorly —- ???

Got some plant containers coming tomorrow, cube shaped in a grey/ green slate.
Waited ages for them to come back in stock ,phone call this morning from farm/ garden centre to say they were in and they will deliver tomorrow with Ericaceous compost  for the Callunas I have .
Such good service, it always makes you feel good that you have  shopped locally .
Always a laugh and a bit of Lancashire banter .
The father of the family who run it and farm abd tea shop had a gorgeous Rammy accent ,his voice tells you to “ press one for—- “ priceless.
At our local Church we did a flower festival some years ago  they contributed a big display ,grandad’s wellies, and smallest grandchild’s , with all sorts of farm based themes etc and the title was :- ‘“Following in Grandad’s
footsteps “.
Until a few years ago the cows ambled along a busy road to be milked ,slowing down traffic considerably .
Don’t think they still do it , so much traffic now there are more housing estates .
Did I tell you Henry ,the over the lane cat, took up residence on Sunday evening ?
Must have moved in whilst I was waiting to wave bye bye as grandson , and  family were moving off .
Cheeky monkey !
Found the warm place on the landing above the boiler .
Not daft is he!

Not much improvement re the horse , not much time left now before a decision  to carry on or call a halt .
The best for him will be the ruling factor.

Well good to read of your activities .
I need to post a parcel tomorrow ,a return, there is a parcel shop on my way down to the Dentist so I have paid the £5 return fee online , have a code and they print the label etc ,all  done and dusted.
Also a new wool shop mI enjoyed knitting the baby’s keepsake teddy so fancy doing a hat scarf and mitts for Flash Harry
He will have some  but with his initials might be a bit special.

Well cheerio ,thanks for the news
Viktoria.

Offline louisa maud

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday 24 November 21 15:36 GMT (UK) »
Viktoria
You  always write  such newsy  letters, puts me to shame  sometimes  when  I  consider what  I  have  done during tbe day  but I am busy most of the  time  doing   all the wifely  things

Hope  you  get  on well at the dentist,  don't  know  many  who  like  going to the  dentist which is  a  shame  as  in  the  main they  are  nice people,

I am sorry  about your daughters  horse, I  hope she  gets  the  results  she  wants  or  more to the  point the results   that are  best  for the horse

Nights  drawing  in  an, hardly  believable that in  4 weeks  time  it  will be Christmas  eve,   today  I  think  is the  coldest  so  far

Mark, I consider the you as  a  regular, you are  about as regular as I  am, look after  yourself

MH, pleased  you  got the  results  you wanted  with  your hat

Take  care  everyone

LM
Census information is Crown Copyright,
from  www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Granath Sweden and London
Garner, Marylebone Paddington  Northolt Ilford
Garner, Devon
Garner New Zealand
Maddieson
Parkinson St Pancras,
Jenkins Marylebone Paddington
Mizon/Mison/Myson Paddington
Tindal Marylebone Paddington
Tocock, (name changed to Ellis) London
Southam Marylebone, Paddington
Bragg Lambeth 1800's
Edermaniger(Maniger) Essex Kent Canada (Toronto)
Coveney Kent Lambeth
Sondes kent and London

Offline Viktoria

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Wednesday 24 November 21 20:38 GMT (UK) »
Just got an email, the horse has been put to sleep, must have been a very sudden deterioration , strange symptoms ,a good  job my daughter was on the spot . Twenty plus years is a long time .
She had it to do years ago ,another huge animal she was a teenager well 18/19 ,he was old , but to see them dragged into a truck !
Not sure where this one will go , perhaps given the mystifying symptoms it might be helpful if there were a PM.
Perhaps my daughter will not feel up to allowing that.
Flash Harry will be miss him so much.
The horse was such a strength during tough times for her, he helped get her through.
Well a new chapter in her life , the baby is so lovely and has certainly brought a  lot of love  already to everyone.
Thanks everyone for your kindness.

I must try to get notification  of new posts back.

Viktoria.

Offline louisa maud

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Wednesday 24 November 21 20:48 GMT (UK) »
Oh Viktoria
I am sorry  about  your daughters  horse  but  rest  assured  it is  free  from pain, it  lived to  a  good age having  been looked after  so  well

LM

Garner, Devon
Garner New Zealand
Maddieson
Parkinson St Pancras,
Bragg Lambeth 1800's
Coveney Kent Lambeth
Sondes kent and London

Offline candleflame

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Thursday 25 November 21 09:48 GMT (UK) »
Sorry to hear your news Viktoria. Always hard when much loved animals die.
North East of England

Online Roobarb

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Looking for that elusive branch!
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Thursday 25 November 21 10:02 GMT (UK) »
Very sorry to hear about the horse Viktoria, he'll be at peace now. Pleased to hear you'll be spending Christmas with your family.

Mark, I'd say you're something of a regular but perhaps as you're not as regular a regular as others we could say you're an irregular regular!  ;D Oh dear me, those chocs were a mistake weren't they? Maybe would have been better if you'd spaced them out a bit more but too late now eh? Glad to hear you're better anyway.

LM, I'm intrigued as to what these wifely things are that you spend your days doing!  :D
Bell, Salter, Street - Devon, Middlesbrough.
Lickess- North Yorkshire, Middlesbrough.
Etherington - North Yorks and Durham.
Barker- North Yorks
Crooks- Durham
Forster- North Yorks/Durham
Newsam, Pattison, Proud - North Yorks.
Timothy, Griffiths, Jones - South Wales

Offline louisa maud

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Thursday 25 November 21 11:41 GMT (UK) »
Washing, ironing, gardening and  housework, normal  stuff,   on  a  good day  I  am happy  but  on  a  bad  day  I  just  feel  like  a  housekeeper,  nuff said  !!!

LM

Garner, Devon
Garner New Zealand
Maddieson
Parkinson St Pancras,
Bragg Lambeth 1800's
Coveney Kent Lambeth
Sondes kent and London

Online Roobarb

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Looking for that elusive branch!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Thursday 25 November 21 11:48 GMT (UK) »
Nothing exciting then! I do those as non wifely duties! Hope today is a happy day.  :)
Bell, Salter, Street - Devon, Middlesbrough.
Lickess- North Yorkshire, Middlesbrough.
Etherington - North Yorks and Durham.
Barker- North Yorks
Crooks- Durham
Forster- North Yorks/Durham
Newsam, Pattison, Proud - North Yorks.
Timothy, Griffiths, Jones - South Wales