Author Topic: how to see ORIGINAL cemetery records for Isleworth, London UK  (Read 1580 times)

guest259648

how to see ORIGINAL cemetery records for Isleworth, London UK
« on: Monday 29 November 21 12:53 GMT (UK) »
Is there an online way to consult ORIGINAL cemetery/burial records for Isleworth, London UK [and adjacent cemeteries]?

Hounslow Council have Indexes for all their burial grounds, I've been assured, but not original records. So it seems to be impossible for the office clerks to see the original writing and check for Indexing errors.

If there are no online resources for this particular locality, how could a person have sight of an original register for Isleworth etc?

Please don't suggest Deceased Online because this has already been fully explored.

There is no link I can give to another topic I'm aware of.
It's a query relating to How To View An Original Record, when you don't live in the area.

thank you

Online PaulineJ

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: how to see ORIGINAL cemetery records for Isleworth, London UK
« Reply #1 on: Monday 29 November 21 13:12 GMT (UK) »
Is this a scattergun search, or do you have a name and date of death to work from?

All census look up transcriptions are Crown Copyright http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk/
======================================
We are not a search engine. We are human beings.

Offline rosie99

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • ALFIE 2009 - 2021 (Rosbercon Sky's the Limit)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 29 November 21 13:28 GMT (UK) »
You don't give any idea of dates but some Isleworth transcripts are available on FindMyPast have been transcribed on 3 separate occasions by familysearch,  West Middlesex FHS (NBI) & Rob Cottrell so the chance of errors are reduced.  There are also transcripts of MI's. & findagrave have some burials
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

guest259648

« Reply #3 on: Monday 29 November 21 13:30 GMT (UK) »
Is this a scattergun search, or do you have a name and date of death to work from?

No it's not scattergun.
It's a targeted search.
Official personnel have been consulted and it's thought that there may be an error in transcription, affecting the Indexes (there sometimes is).

I don't wish to put a family name up here for the moment.
But I could correspond with you privately if you feel you have ideas that could assist with viewing the original records.

thank you

guest259648

« Reply #4 on: Monday 29 November 21 13:34 GMT (UK) »
You don't give any idea of dates but some Isleworth transcripts are available on FindMyPast have been transcribed on 3 separate occasions by familysearch,  West Middlesex FHS (NBI) & Rob Cottrell so the chance of errors are reduced.  There are also transcripts of MI's. & findagrave have some burials

Not there on FindaGrave nor any related sites involving or relying upon photos or headstones.

I will check FamilySearch and report back (thank you) if you know of the existence of some reliable transcriptions.

One single incorrect letter in a transcription can make a record impossible to call up, via Indexes...

Offline KGarrad

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Monday 29 November 21 13:38 GMT (UK) »

But I could correspond with you privately if you feel you have ideas that could assist with viewing the original records.

thank you

If it's cemetery records you are after, then the person concerned is dead?
So what is the problem with naming names? I don't get it!
Garrad (Suffolk, Essex, Somerset), Crocker (Somerset), Vanstone (Devon, Jersey), Sims (Wiltshire), Bridger (Kent)

guest259648

« Reply #6 on: Monday 29 November 21 14:05 GMT (UK) »

thank you

Not every family wants their details posted in a public forum like this one.
People worldwide can see what we post on here.
Not everyone wants that.
This is not my own family.

The request is "how to see original records" if you can't currently find them, and it's a valid one.

guest259648

« Reply #7 on: Monday 29 November 21 14:06 GMT (UK) »
Not every family wants their details posted in a public forum like this one.
People worldwide can see what we post on here.
Not everyone wants that.
This is not my own family.

The request is "how to see original records" if you can't currently find them, and it's a valid one.

Offline rosie99

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • ALFIE 2009 - 2021 (Rosbercon Sky's the Limit)
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Monday 29 November 21 14:27 GMT (UK) »
You have not told us what time frame these records are for as if they are in the 1900's then they are not so likely to be online.

Did you ever find what you were after in the same general area on this post  :-\
https://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=855297.
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk