Author Topic: Diary summary week ending 5th December  (Read 4252 times)

Offline mare

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Diary summary week ending 5th December
« Reply #27 on: Friday 03 December 21 04:33 GMT (UK) »
Well done your mum CF keeping a comprehensive diary and photo record of family events. Nothing of that sort in our family, just a few random photos over the years and a couple of special ones but I have compensated by going rather OTT on both! I do remember playing the part of Mary in a nativity play one year but think mostly ours were just classroom audience and small, though there were a couple of school productions or fancy dress evenings as well and mum did do really well in producing suitable attire for us all.

We did a bit of a shopping trip today, mid morning to early afternoon and the handful of places we called in on timed well for quietness on our visits, just small outlets mainly and one larger store and found one still only doing click and collect until Monday but no urgency for what we were after. NZ started new traffic light system from midnight with a bit more freedom with vaccination passes, opening of pubs and sit down eating establishments and the like, masks required retail and public transport. Still border boundary Auckland region for another fortnight with the bigger number of active cases but numbers easing off a little today at least. School holidays will be on us again  then as well, bound to be busier with families getting about hither and yon.

Vaccinations accomplished for the majority eligible, extra push for those slower off the mark and particularly for sector considered more vulnerable and many incentives offered. Maori population suffered through the 1918 influenza pandemic and have been quite hard hit with this virus and also some of the households of our Pacific residents, some sharing accommodation with extended family or multi generational groupings. Still quite a number making up that minority though who just won't vaccinate and then those who are exempted.

Not nice being under the weather on the health front at any time, wishing all well ...

Offline Roobarb

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Looking for that elusive branch!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Friday 03 December 21 08:48 GMT (UK) »
Good to hear that things are a little easier there, a good outcome of a successful vaccination programme. The mandatory mask wearing in shops and public transport must provide some reassurance for you.

I've been getting rather stressed trying to book an appointment for my booster jab, there were very few places coming up on the NHS website and were at the other side of the nearest large town. The distance itself isn't a concern, just the thought that if the jab made me feel unwell it's not near home. Also my prima Donna of a car won't go anywhere in snow, there was quite a lot over there yesterday. Anyway, I went online yesterday and managed to get one nearer to home so it wouldn't cost an arm and a leg if I had to get a taxi! Then last night a friend sent me some info about walk in clinics, there's one nearer on Monday which is much more convenient for me so I'll go there.
Bell, Salter, Street - Devon, Middlesbrough.
Lickess- North Yorkshire, Middlesbrough.
Etherington - North Yorks and Durham.
Barker- North Yorks
Crooks- Durham
Forster- North Yorks/Durham
Newsam, Pattison, Proud - North Yorks.
Timothy, Griffiths, Jones - South Wales

Offline Mowsehowse

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Friday 03 December 21 10:41 GMT (UK) »
Glad you have that sorted Roobarb.
I had virtually no problem after my booster, thankfully.
Just a bit of soreness in the arm, naturally.
Hopefully you will "get away with it" too.
BORCHARDT in Poland/Germany, BOSKOWITZ in Czechoslovakia, Hungary + Austria, BUSS in Baden, Germany + Switzerland, FEKETE in Hungary + Austria, GOTTHILF in Hammerstein + Berlin, GUBLER, GYSI, LABHARDT & RYCHNER in Switzerland, KONIG & KRONER in Germany, PLACZEK, WUNSCH & SILBERBERG in Poland.

Also: ROWSE in Brixham, Tenby, Hull & Ramsgate. Strongman, in Falmouth. Champion. Coke. Eame/s. Gibbons. Passmore. Pulsever. Sparkes in Brixham & Ramsgate. Toms in Cornwall. Waymoth. Wyatt.

Offline candleflame

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Friday 03 December 21 11:26 GMT (UK) »
Morning all
I’ve had a bit of a busy week - booster on Wednesday ( moderna) . I’d been expecting Pfizer as that’s what my husband had a few weeks ago , but apparently they’ve changed the rules again and they’re keeping Pfizer for the youngsters and the vulnerable as it’s the only one licensed for youngsters.
The lady at the centre asked if I’d had any reaction to my first two az jabs and I said no to which she responded - you’re lucky! Brilliant injector this time too and didn’t feel it. Have been fine apart from a bit of a sore arm when I lay on it on night one , but fine now.
Today I’ve been to the dentists to get my broken tooth mended. I’m still ‘ defrosting’ from the injection. I had a first though - the dentist put fluoride varnish on all my teeth and seemed surprised when I asked if this was something new. He did say every dentist was different but certainly my previous guy who left the practice had never offered it before. Was wondering if others have had it? I had a look online and it’s on the nhs website so I’ve clearly been behind the times!
North East of England

Offline Roobarb

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Looking for that elusive branch!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Friday 03 December 21 11:32 GMT (UK) »
Yes I've had that Candleflame, mine is a private dentist so I didn't know if the NHS offered it. I know now! Great to get your tooth sorted.

Thanks MH, I can put up with a sore arm.  :)
Bell, Salter, Street - Devon, Middlesbrough.
Lickess- North Yorkshire, Middlesbrough.
Etherington - North Yorks and Durham.
Barker- North Yorks
Crooks- Durham
Forster- North Yorks/Durham
Newsam, Pattison, Proud - North Yorks.
Timothy, Griffiths, Jones - South Wales

Offline louisa maud

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Friday 03 December 21 11:53 GMT (UK) »
Hopw all  the   bazaars  do  well this  weekend and  the  hard  work  pays  off

LM
Census information is Crown Copyright,
from  www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Granath Sweden and London
Garner, Marylebone Paddington  Northolt Ilford
Garner, Devon
Garner New Zealand
Maddieson
Parkinson St Pancras,
Jenkins Marylebone Paddington
Mizon/Mison/Myson Paddington
Tindal Marylebone Paddington
Tocock, (name changed to Ellis) London
Southam Marylebone, Paddington
Bragg Lambeth 1800's
Edermaniger(Maniger) Essex Kent Canada (Toronto)
Coveney Kent Lambeth
Sondes kent and London

Offline Viktoria

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: Friday 03 December 21 11:55 GMT (UK) »
Seems so wrong that people should have difficulties trying to do the right thing by getting their boosters yet others have no difficulty at all dodging getting any!

We have to be much more draconian I feel ,not nice but essential .

Well an email this morning ,Lots if trouble,bother,hassle and goodness knows what getting a new ignition knob for my stainless steel hob.
Others  are slightly damaged because they are positioned very near pan supports which get hot and  have blistered the adjacent knobs.
White ones came ,but the originals are silver.It now seems the white would not have fitted  anyway,yet the white ignition one does .
Email this morning that I can choose a new one,upgrade if I like !
The Bosch one has the knobs better placed ,not near any pan supports ,so I think that is the one .
The present one is dead basic house renovators bog standard ,but it seems a shame to discard it  just for five plastic knobs, the fact that via D&G I have bought it probably four times over without any repairs needed.
I also have enough “points” from my D&G coverage to buy me a new Microwave ,this one functioning ,but looking a bit the worse for wear .
Want a red one ,need a new red kettle too, Russell Hobbs -to match my toaster -do a nice narrow one .
Coffee morning at a nearby Methodist Church on Saturday,also a collection of essential foods for their food bank .
Was going to go ,as I know quite a few people there .
I used to go in to their playgroup mornings to meet the children who would come at four to the school where I worked ,that meant there was someone they knew and it was a bit easier for them to settle .
However, with caution in mind and  a possible Christmas visit to see FH and baby Kyra , also the rest of the family I can manage to semi isolate for a few weeks more .
Two Christmas cards already ,some people must have nothing else to do.!
Had fun with a bathroom light, oh golly gosh ,lumens and wattage and voltage etc etc etc, they are soft dim lights ( a bit like me!)maximum gives not a good  light ,son advised from afar, re not to exceed the oojongtiddleyipoo whatsit ,so decision is I need new lights which will take a higher wattage/ voltage—— whatever!
Another “ after Christmas  “project.
Well must get on, I am a bit daft but not so much that  without checking I will order the new hob so about eight hours on the phone ahead!
Cheerio.a cuppa and loo before I am committed ,by that I mean committed to waiting on the phone, not to an institution - although given the frustration that is not an impossibility!

Cheerio.Viktoria.

Offline Viktoria

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: Friday 03 December 21 13:25 GMT (UK) »
Phoned D&G immediately after previous post  and now at 1-15 finally done and dusted,at first D&G would not replace with a Bosch ,other options had pan supports as previous hob, the next alternative had controls at the front not  the side ,now FH does not come often but  hopefully in the future the baby as a toddler will ,and so easy to reach up , anyway I need things as before I am too old to cope with cooker knobs in the wrong place !
So many toys are push button rubbish ,FH was good really, but there was the odd occasion when the freezer was on superfreeze etc!
Phew, well lunchtime and another cuppa ,then some serious tidying up of paperwork ,re D& G and Belgian pension, I will soon get confirmation from Bury Town Hall that I am still alive!Then council Tax documents, passport and Electoral  Roll stuff can be neatly filed away.
Cheerio.Viktoria.

Offline candleflame

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: Friday 03 December 21 16:40 GMT (UK) »
Gosh Viktoria you do have a very busy life with things to sort and do. Mine is very pedestrian by comparison. Now which Santa goes with this message …… :)
North East of England