Author Topic: Married Woman has kids to new partner?  (Read 1809 times)

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • NSW 1806 Bowman Flag Ecce signum.
    • View Profile
Re: Child to new partner register under legal husbands
« Reply #54 on: Friday 10 December 21 22:51 GMT (UK) »
Yes, I agree; :)
And, remembering that  the  familial registration predicament Matthew is working on was not confined to Australia, perhaps it is time to accept "the way things were"

Recently accessible DNA matching exposes many of the same kind of anomalies between birth name and biological reality.
Sue

The information in my posts is provided for academic and non-commercial research purposes. 
Random Acts of Kindness Given Freely are never Worthless for they are Priceless.
Qui scit et non docet.    Qui docet et non vivit.    Qui nescit et non interrogat.   
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
I do not have a face book or a twitter account.

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • NSW 1806 Bowman Flag Ecce signum.
    • View Profile
Re: Child to new partner register under legal husbands
« Reply #55 on: Saturday 11 December 21 23:25 GMT (UK) »
Edited  at 10.25 a.m. 12 December 2021 Daylight Savings Time, NSW.

Many thanks for merging these two threads.   I hope that there's sufficient detailed explanations to the underlying dilemma that our Original Poster faced.... afterall his two grandmothers both would have been confronted by their various social, domestic, local community taboos/ standards/ practices/ habits of becoming known by a number of surnames in their life times.

JM
The information in my posts is provided for academic and non-commercial research purposes. 
Random Acts of Kindness Given Freely are never Worthless for they are Priceless.
Qui scit et non docet.    Qui docet et non vivit.    Qui nescit et non interrogat.   
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
I do not have a face book or a twitter account.

Offline Ruskie

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Married Woman has kids to new partner?
« Reply #56 on: Saturday 11 December 21 23:56 GMT (UK) »
If the OPís father knows who is biological father was, and he only discovered the surname ďanomalyĒ on his birth certificate at age 100, and reassurances and explanations have been given on this thread, I would suggest that there is nothing he needs to concern himself with.

If you have further suspicions I suggest getting your father a DNA test. In fact If you think it might be useful in your research in years to come, it might be an idea do this anyway.

Good luck.

Offline Matthew Charles

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: Sunday 12 December 21 00:08 GMT (UK) »
Yes, my original query was more out of curiosity as to the protocols regarding married woman and kids with their new partners while legal husband is no longer in the scene.

It was only retrospectively that Dad found his motherísí original husband on his birth record despite knowing he was at war and they were separated 2 years prior to my Aunty (dads older sister) being born.

Offline sparrett

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: Sunday 12 December 21 02:26 GMT (UK) »
 The children from the 1915 marriage (if there were any) may have had half siblings. Assuming the husband re- partnered after the split.

The DNA testing might reveal something.

Sue
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline ~ID~

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile