Author Topic: Marriage sought of Frank Duffin and Anne Spellers, Wexford? around 1855?  (Read 1497 times)

Offline Wexflyer

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Not Crown Copyright
    • View Profile
Re: Marriage sought of Frank Duffin and Anne Spellers, Wexford? around 1855?
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday 01 December 21 19:52 GMT (UK) »
I looked earlier for a death for grandmother Margaret but couldn’t find one in New Ross.
There is one here - registered Wexford and residence Grange. The informant is Patrick, son.
https://civilrecords.irishgenealogy.ie/churchrecords/images/deaths_returns/deaths_1890/06103/4742018.pdf

I think this is her. Saying New Ross and Wexford can be misleading  - those are the Unions. Better to look at the actual registration districts.
BRENNANx2 Davidstown/Taghmon,Ballybrennan; COOPER St.Helens;CREAN Raheennaskeagh/Ballywalter;COSGRAVE Castlebridge?;CULLEN Lady's Island;CULLETON Forth Commons;CURRAN Hillbrook, Wic;DOYLE Clonee/Tombrack;FOX Knockbrandon; FURLONG Moortown;HAYESx2 Walsheslough/Wex;McGILL Litter;MORRIS Forth Commons;PIERCE Ladys Island;POTTS Bennettstown;REDMOND Gerry; ROCHEx2 Wex; ROCHFORD Ballysampson/Ballyhit;SHERIDAN Moneydurtlow; SINNOTT Wex;SMYTH Gerry/Oulart;WALSH Kilrane/Wex; WHITE Tagoat area

Offline Wexflyer

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Not Crown Copyright
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday 01 December 21 20:07 GMT (UK) »
The parents died 29 Sept 1878, and 22 Jan 1883, both in New Ross, Co. Wexford.

Did they really die in New Ross - the town? I suspect this is just the Union in which the death occurred. The death registration should give the actual place of death and area.
Can you provide?
BRENNANx2 Davidstown/Taghmon,Ballybrennan; COOPER St.Helens;CREAN Raheennaskeagh/Ballywalter;COSGRAVE Castlebridge?;CULLEN Lady's Island;CULLETON Forth Commons;CURRAN Hillbrook, Wic;DOYLE Clonee/Tombrack;FOX Knockbrandon; FURLONG Moortown;HAYESx2 Walsheslough/Wex;McGILL Litter;MORRIS Forth Commons;PIERCE Ladys Island;POTTS Bennettstown;REDMOND Gerry; ROCHEx2 Wex; ROCHFORD Ballysampson/Ballyhit;SHERIDAN Moneydurtlow; SINNOTT Wex;SMYTH Gerry/Oulart;WALSH Kilrane/Wex; WHITE Tagoat area

Online heywood

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday 01 December 21 20:08 GMT (UK) »
I am so sorry.
I was going off the districts to look them up which of course are Superintendent Registrar's Districts. A lesson to be learned  ::)
The deaths of Frank and Anne and birth of Catherine were New Ross S R D so I had been looking there.
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Online heywood

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Wednesday 01 December 21 20:12 GMT (UK) »

Did they really die in New Ross - the town? I suspect this is just the Union in which the death occurred. The death registration should give the actual place of death and area.
Can you provide?

Frank and Ann’s residences were Battlestown which is Fethard R D

Offline Wexflyer

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Not Crown Copyright
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Wednesday 01 December 21 20:28 GMT (UK) »

Can you provide?

Frank and Ann’s residences were Battlestown which is Fethard R D

Battlestown lies in between Ramsgrange and Fethard, all very close. Slade is somewhat further away, close to the end of the Hook peninsula.

Online heywood

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Wednesday 01 December 21 20:32 GMT (UK) »
Are there records from Slade mentioned on here?
I have seen some whilst searching but wasn’t sure they were the same family.

Offline Wexflyer

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Not Crown Copyright
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Wednesday 01 December 21 20:36 GMT (UK) »
Are there records from Slade mentioned on here?
I have seen some whilst searching but wasn’t sure they were the same family.

See my list of deaths, earlier. Slade is a quaint fishing village in the same parish. Can't tell if they are the same family, but they seem to be the only Duffin family in the deaths register, which is suggestive that they might be.

Online heywood

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Wednesday 01 December 21 21:00 GMT (UK) »
Thanks. I see them now.

Offline Wexflyer

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Not Crown Copyright
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Wednesday 01 December 21 21:06 GMT (UK) »
Two possibilities for Williams grandparents!

First Richard Duffin and Margaret Breen
?? Duffin baptized to above parents, 19th July 1839, in Ramsgrange parish (Aka St. James and Hook).

Second -
Philip Duffin baptized to ? Duffin and Margaret Rossiter 17th September 1839.

Take your pick!
Both couples have other children.