Author Topic: Name on census  (Read 1868 times)

Online heywood

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Name on census
« Reply #18 on: Friday 03 December 21 11:43 GMT (UK) »
I would say she is described as ‘M’ for married. If you look back and forth on the census pages, there is a rather bold ‘W’ for one woman but others are ‘Wid’.

In 1911 she describes herself as ‘ married’ but that doesn’t mean they are together.

Birth certificates might have A J as father but she might have just given his name.
Hopefully, the later one might give his occupation which might help to trace him.
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Greaves

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Friday 03 December 21 11:59 GMT (UK) »
Yes that is the hope. I think he must be alive, as she doesn't start living with his brother until 1918 (certainly after 1911) and they don't marry until 1931.

So unless we are talking of bigamy, he must have been dead by 1931 and probably earlier.

Offline dublin1850

• RootsChat Veteran
  • A great lover of Dublin history
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Saturday 04 December 21 08:42 GMT (UK) »
I don't know the area. Is there access to electoral rolls?
Coffey, Cummins [Rathfalla, Tipperary], Cummins [Skirke, Laois], Curran, Dillon [Clare], Fogarty [Garran, Laois/Tipp], Hughes, Keshan (Keeshan), Loughman [Harristown and Killadooley, Laois], Mallon [Armagh], Malone, Markham [Caherkine, Clare], McKeon(e) [Sligo/Kilkenny/Waterford], McNamara, Meagher, Prescott [Kilkenny/Waterford/Wexford?], Rafferty, Ryan, Sullivan, Tobin
GEDMatch: T665306 tested with Family Tree DNA and also with ancestry
GEDCOM file: 1980344

Online ShaunJ

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Saturday 04 December 21 09:26 GMT (UK) »
There is an air force service record for a Frederick Bellinger which contains the following information: Birth 19 Feb 1899 Wandsworth

On his marriage register entry (Oxford, May 1918, Dorothy May Gardner) he recorded his father as William Bellinger, miller.
UK Census info. Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Millmoor

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Saturday 04 December 21 09:45 GMT (UK) »
 A Frederick Bellinger can be located in a number of electoral rolls in Balham and Tooting, Wandsworth living with William Albert and Annie in Letchworth Street. The one for 1935 has William Albert and Frederick at 24 Letchworth Street. At 26 Letchworth Street there is a Dora Bellinger.

I cannot quote it directly but I would suggest you locate Frederick Bellinger born 19 Feb 1899 in the 1939 register and  note who else is in the household.

William
Dent (Haltwhistle and Sacriston), Bell and Jetson (Haltwhistle), Postle, Ward, Longstaff, Purvis, Manners, Parnaby and Hardy (Co. Durham), Kennedy and McRobert (Banffshire), Reid(Bathgate), Watson (Wemyss), Graham (Libberton), Sandilands (Carmichael), Munro (Dingwall)

Online heywood

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Saturday 04 December 21 09:51 GMT (UK) »
Good finds. I think this shows that ‘Judri’ is ‘Frederick’ as suggested earlier by others.
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Greaves

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Saturday 04 December 21 11:27 GMT (UK) »
Millmoor - are you sure you have the details right? The record doesn't seem to exist on FindMyPast. Did you use Ancestry?

Offline Greaves

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Saturday 04 December 21 11:39 GMT (UK) »
I have now found the 1939 record on Ancestry, though I still can't find it on FindMyPast. It seems to list 3 names, with 2 blocked out.

Am I being silly, since I do not spot the significance other than to Say there was a marriage between two of those named.

I must be losing it, because I can't find a Dora Bellinger at 26 Letchworth Street using the electoral registers on Ancestry.

What are you all seeing that I can't?

NB Have now found 1939 entry on FindMyPast. Frederick transcribed as FARDUCK!!

Offline softly softly

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Saturday 04 December 21 12:07 GMT (UK) »
Hi Greaves, just for info really.

Frederick Bellinger who appears on 1939 reg died 1969 Sutton reg dist with that dob
Dora Bellinger died 1981 Sutton reg dist with that 1939 dob.
The child Earnest born 1939 has a mmn Clater
A Dora Clater was born sq 1914 Melton M with mmn Wright.
If the 1918 marriage is correct to Dorothy M Gardner I suspect that the 2 redacted names are children of Frederick and Dorothy, there are a couple of "good" Bellinger/Gardner births, Oxford and Wandsworth.

John