Author Topic: Help deciphering occupation on 1604 baptism  (Read 463 times)

Offline AlexNoodle

• RootsChat Senior
  • The Large Family circa 1906
    • View Profile
Help deciphering occupation on 1604 baptism
« on: Saturday 04 December 21 23:56 GMT (UK) »
Hi all. I am trying to work out the details of the occupation of the father listed on the baptism of Danniel Storie from 2nd Sept 1604 at St. Lawrence Pountney, London son of Robert Storie (from the London collection on Ancestry.) I believe the first letter is S based on the S's used in son and Storie. I think perhaps second letter might be a h based on the occupation at the top of the page being schoolmaster. Any help is much appreciated. I am not sure if this relates to a Robert Storer who married a widow Joane Pusie in St. Dunstan in the West in 1592 who was a Barber Surgeon. The name Storer is often spelled Storey and other variations. I am trying to find out more about a Daniel Storer who died in Reigate in 1658/9 and left a will mentioning his wife Anne, his daughter also called Anne, his widowed daughter in law Ellinor who was married to his son Daniel and their children Jude and Anne. His grandaughter Anne died the same month he did and Jude was my husband's 8x great grandfather. Daniel junior was a Barber Surgeon according to details on his daughter Anne's baptism and burial records. So would be interested if there might be a link with this baptism entry from 1604.

Thanks in advance!

Alex
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk<br />Marshall: Leeds/Silkstone/Ashton/Hyde. Griffiths: Llanrhaeder ym Mochnant/Glyn Ceiriog/Ashton. Pilley: Chelmsford/Maldon. Hallas: Ashton/Stalybridge. Large: Tarvin/Manchester/Mossley. McDonald: Ireland/Whitfield/Mossley.

Offline Bookbox

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Help deciphering occupation on 1604 baptism
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 05 December 21 01:00 GMT (UK) »
I believe it's written Shoomaker.

Offline AlexNoodle

• RootsChat Senior
  • The Large Family circa 1906
    • View Profile
Re: Help deciphering occupation on 1604 baptism
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 05 December 21 09:24 GMT (UK) »
Thank you for that, much appreciated!
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk<br />Marshall: Leeds/Silkstone/Ashton/Hyde. Griffiths: Llanrhaeder ym Mochnant/Glyn Ceiriog/Ashton. Pilley: Chelmsford/Maldon. Hallas: Ashton/Stalybridge. Large: Tarvin/Manchester/Mossley. McDonald: Ireland/Whitfield/Mossley.