Author Topic: Annie Cameron - Census  (Read 548 times)

Offline CG07

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Annie Cameron - Census
« on: Monday 13 December 21 17:28 GMT (UK) »
Hi,

I'm hoping someone can help me find Annie Cameron in the 1911 census, she was born in 1892, Edinburgh and lived there all her life as far as I'm aware.
I know she was at 3 Warriston Crescent, Edinburgh in the 1901 census, living with her father, John Cameron and mother, Bessie Barrett Cameron (neé Hyne). Along with her 7 siblings, Nellie, Bessie, Gertrude, Evelyn, Ian and Robina.

In the 1911 census i can find Bessie Barrett Cameron at 7 Union Street, Edinburgh. Along with Bessie, Gertrude, Evelyn, Ian and Robina.
Nellie, had since moved out and married.

The absence of John Cameron in this census may have been due to him being a Mariner, but in 1901 he was a Fruitier and I am told he had given up a life at sea to pursue a Fruitier career. So, there is a good possibility that he is with Annie.

Bessie Barrett Cameron (neé Hyne) was born in Devon, England, so Annie may have gone to visit family down there, but I've had no luck searching censuses there so far.

Thanks,
Callum

Offline CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
Re: Annie Cameron - Census
« Reply #1 on: Monday 13 December 21 19:25 GMT (UK) »
Searching the Scottish 1911 using the index is limiting as you cannot determine the birthplace unless you buy credits.  Have you already discounted the 2 entries in Midlothian - Cramond & St Andrew - aged 18 & 19 respectively?

If she was out of county it will be difficult as there are a great many entries for her name and birthyear
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)

Offline CG07

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Annie Cameron - Census
« Reply #2 on: Monday 13 December 21 19:28 GMT (UK) »
Searching the Scottish 1911 using the index is limiting as you cannot determine the birthplace unless you buy credits.  Have you already discounted the 2 entries in Midlothian - Cramond & St Andrew - aged 18 & 19 respectively?

If she was out of county it will be difficult as there are a great many entries for her name and birthyear

Yes, used my credits on a few Annie Cameron’s around that age. None are mine though! I’m hoping with the 1921 census coming out soon, there may be a clue.