Author Topic: Lateral flow test shambles  (Read 7278 times)

Offline Gillg

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Lateral flow test shambles
« on: Thursday 16 December 21 12:18 GMT (UK) »
Have you tried to get a pack of lateral flow tests recently?  You now need to get a code through the NHS website.  Even if you already have an NHS account there are still several pages to fill in before you are issued with a 12 digit code and you have to go through this performance again every time you want to collect tests from your pharmacy.  All this if you have access to a computer or smartphone.  If you haven't, you have to ring 119, which gives you 4 options to press, none of which appear to offer a test code, so you have to guess which option is appropriate.  The ordering online service crashed yesterday.  Let's hope that problem is soon solved. (Haven't tried today.)

The requirement to take a lateral flow test every day if you have been in contact with a Covid sufferer has thrown further confusion on the system.  You would have thought Boris & co would have foreseen these problems and prepared for them.  What a shambles! >:(
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

FAIREY/FAIRY/FAREY/FEARY, LAWSON, CHURCH, BENSON, HALSTEAD from Easton, Ellington, Eynesbury, Gt Catworth, Huntingdon, Spaldwick, Hunts;  Burnley, Lancs;  New Zealand, Australia & US.

HURST, BOLTON,  BUTTERWORTH, ADAMSON, WILD, MCIVOR from Milnrow, Newhey, Oldham & Rochdale, Lancs., Scotland.

Online Viktoria

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Lateral flow test shambles
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 16 December 21 12:47 GMT (UK) »
Once again people who are not able to use a computer ,ie predominantly the aged, are penalised .
It is wrong to overlook people in that age  group.
Often they - indeed we- are the compliant generation .

lf “they “would enable us to easily be so.
I am fed up now!
Viktoria.

Offline LizzieL

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 16 December 21 13:59 GMT (UK) »
Even if you already have an NHS account there are still several pages to fill in before you are issued with a 12 digit code and you have to go through this performance again every time you want to collect tests from your pharmacy. 

Do you have to specify which pharmacy when you apply?
Berks / Oxon: Eltham, Annetts, Wiltshire (surname not county), Hawkins, Pembroke, Partridge
Dorset / Hants: Derham, Stride, Purkiss, Sibley
Yorkshire: Pottage, Carr, Blackburn, Depledge
Sussex: Goodyer, Christopher, Trevatt
Lanark: Scott (soldier went to Jersey CI)
Jersey: Fowler, Huelin, Scott

Offline JenB

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 16 December 21 14:21 GMT (UK) »
Even if you already have an NHS account there are still several pages to fill in before you are issued with a 12 digit code and you have to go through this performance again every time you want to collect tests from your pharmacy. 

Do you have to specify which pharmacy when you apply?

The code can be used anywhere. I used mine at Tesco.

The requirement for a code has been in place since the beginning of October.

I had to apply for one a few weeks ago and it only took me a few minutes to do.
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Gillg

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Thursday 16 December 21 15:22 GMT (UK) »
Jen
You must be more skilled than I am on the keyboard!  But to have to go through that each time is a pain. 
I clicked on the link which tells you the nearest pharmacy and was given one which would take me 2 bus rides to get there, one from our village (hourly service) then a wait for the second bus - a few hours on the off chance that they actually had some in stock.  Tesco didn't today.

FAIREY/FAIRY/FAREY/FEARY, LAWSON, CHURCH, BENSON, HALSTEAD from Easton, Ellington, Eynesbury, Gt Catworth, Huntingdon, Spaldwick, Hunts;  Burnley, Lancs;  New Zealand, Australia & US.

HURST, BOLTON,  BUTTERWORTH, ADAMSON, WILD, MCIVOR from Milnrow, Newhey, Oldham & Rochdale, Lancs., Scotland.

Offline Kay99

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Thursday 16 December 21 15:43 GMT (UK) »
I have just ordered my online and they will be delivered to me in two days - Took less than 30 secs as I have an account

Kay

Offline Gillg

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Thursday 16 December 21 15:48 GMT (UK) »
They are certainly very quick to deliver. I do have an NHS account, but still find myself having to fill in several pages.  Perhaps I missed ticking a box somewhere along the line.

Offline Kay99

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Thursday 16 December 21 15:54 GMT (UK) »
I used to take longer but after I registered last time the site now seems to remember me  :-\

Kay

Offline BushInn1746

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • My Family's Links 19th Cent
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Thursday 16 December 21 17:20 GMT (UK) »
I've had no problem for several months getting a replacement Covid L. F. Test Kit by tracked post.

Another NHS Test recently had a Tracking number, so we took a note of it and could check that it was received back by them.

Previously ordered on a Saturday evening and see it was labelled/scanned on Sunday morning and got it Monday!

I have ordered another very easily.

I've found the NHS are working incredibly hard - Thank you.

Mark