Author Topic: great great aunt jones and her daughter age of two ladies please and approx date  (Read 561 times)

Offline alan w jones

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Hello ,I am hopeless at guessing ladies ages so hoping someone will be able to age these two long departed ladies and perhaps date by clothing etc please
Regards
Alan

Offline Treetotal

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: great great aunt jones and her daughter age of two ladies please and approx date
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 29 December 21 13:28 GMT (UK) »
Can you give us an idea of when they were born please Alan. possibly 50/60s and 80/90s.
Carol
CAPES Hull. KIRK  Leeds, Hull. JONES  Wales,  Lancashire. CARROLL Ireland, Lancashire, U.S.A. BROUGHTON Leicester, Goole, Hull BORRILL  Lincolnshire, Durham, Hull. GROOM  Wishbech, Hull. ANTHONY St. John's Nfld. BUCKNALL Lincolnshire, Hull. BUTT Harbour Grace, Newfoundland. PARSONS  Western Bay, Newfoundland. MONAGHAN  Ireland, U.S.A. PERRY Cheshire, Liverpool.

RESTORERS:PLEASE DO NOT USE MY RESTORES WITHOUT PRIOR PERMISSION - THANK YOU

Offline alan w jones

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: great great aunt jones and her daughter age of two ladies please and approx date
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 29 December 21 13:31 GMT (UK) »
The younger of the two was born 1899 and the older either 1867 or 1871
Regards
Alan

Offline Treetotal

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 29 December 21 13:36 GMT (UK) »
Most likely to be 1950s then, there isn't much to date as their clothes don't give many clues.
Carol
CAPES Hull. KIRK  Leeds, Hull. JONES  Wales,  Lancashire. CARROLL Ireland, Lancashire, U.S.A. BROUGHTON Leicester, Goole, Hull BORRILL  Lincolnshire, Durham, Hull. GROOM  Wishbech, Hull. ANTHONY St. John's Nfld. BUCKNALL Lincolnshire, Hull. BUTT Harbour Grace, Newfoundland. PARSONS  Western Bay, Newfoundland. MONAGHAN  Ireland, U.S.A. PERRY Cheshire, Liverpool.

Offline alan w jones

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday 29 December 21 13:45 GMT (UK) »
Thanks but what ages do you think they look ?
Regards
Alan

Offline oldfashionedgirl

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday 29 December 21 14:44 GMT (UK) »
Remembering how my Grandma looked and being able to look at photos and know her exact age I would guess the younger lady to be late 50s to early 60s and the older lady late 70s to early 80s.

People looked and dressed ‘older’ then in comparison to today. We were looking at some family films over Christmas and a comment was made by one of the younger generation that the teenagers in the film taken around 1960 looked like “little men”

Also looking at a photo of my Grandma in her late 70s, an archetypal little old lady, it was so hard to believe she was the same age as my mother.

Offline Treetotal

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Wednesday 29 December 21 14:49 GMT (UK) »
Did you have a William Jones of Macclesfield or The Isle of Man in 1903 Alan?
Carol

Offline alan w jones

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Wednesday 29 December 21 14:56 GMT (UK) »
Sorry , no relations in Macclesfield
Regards
Alan

Offline alan w jones

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Wednesday 29 December 21 15:00 GMT (UK) »
Thanks " oldfashionedgirl " I was thinking 60 and 88 which could answer a few questions. As long as younger not 32 , because that would ask questions of whether older lady mother or step mother
Regards
Alan