Author Topic: 1921 census  (Read 20452 times)

Offline Pamela21

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: 1921 census
« Reply #180 on: Friday 07 January 22 09:40 GMT (UK) »
Sargie, look them up again and you should be able to view them as before.

Offline phil57

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: Friday 07 January 22 09:43 GMT (UK) »
Are there any credit card providers in Australia and elsewhere that offer fee free currency conversion? I have two cards (I'm in the UK) that I can use for foreign currency purchases. If I buy something from abroad using Paypal, I select the option to pay in the local currency, be that euros, dollars or whatever, and my card issuer converts it to sterling at the prevailing currency exchange rate, with no additional fees.
Stokes - London and Essex
Hodges - Somerset
Murden - Notts
Humphries/Humphreys from Montgomeryshire

Offline PaulineJ

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: Friday 07 January 22 09:44 GMT (UK) »
(Filmstrip) was here when I first bought the entries but isn’t on them in My Records. Any ideas on how to find it would be very welcome!

I've noticed that too, and I've queried it with FindMyPast.
In the interval, I've gleaned the piece and schedule from the filename,  and gone back to it that way
All census look up transcriptions are Crown Copyright http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk/
======================================
We are not a search engine. We are human beings.

Offline sargie

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: Friday 07 January 22 10:22 GMT (UK) »
(Filmstrip) was here when I first bought the entries but isn’t on them in My Records. Any ideas on how to find it would be very welcome!
Thanks for the replies Pamela and Pauline. I tried putting in the file name, but it didn’t work, it may not be fully visible (I’m using an iPad), so I then contacted FindMyPast using their Live Chat which turned out not to be live, just a messaging service. I’ll now have to wait until they reply, which will probably be a while - there must be lots of people with the same problem!

In the interval, I've gleaned the piece and schedule from the filename,  and gone back to it that way

Offline BumbleB

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: Friday 07 January 22 10:34 GMT (UK) »
Sargie - as PamelaJ says, just restart your search and you will see that your original purchase is marked up.  Just click on that and you will be taken to your original result (you won't be asked to pay again) and the filmstrip is there.

Transcriptions and NBI are merely finding aids.  They are NOT a substitute for original record entries.
Remember - "They'll be found when they want to be found" !!!
If you don't ask the question, you won't get an answer.
He/she who never made a mistake, never made anything.
Archbell - anywhere, any date
Kendall - WRY
Milner - WRY
Appleyard - WRY

Offline Pamela21

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: Friday 07 January 22 10:35 GMT (UK) »
If you go back and search again from scratch you can see the household you saved along with all the other bits and then save them separately. Each thing needs to be saved individually. If you haven't saved things they won't be in your records with the household.

Offline phil57

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: Friday 07 January 22 10:40 GMT (UK) »

That's strange. Yesterday, on my PC, I could go into My Records, click on a 1921 Census image that I'd bought, and it would take me back to the original image page with the film strip, where I could access the extra materials. I've just tried it again this morning, and the only option it gives me is to download the single image I purchased again, so no way to revisit the additional images at all :(
Hodges - Somerset
Murden - Notts

Offline BumbleB

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: Friday 07 January 22 10:49 GMT (UK) »
As I said earlier - you have to start again from scratch.  So 1921 census - search for the name - select the item you have already purchased (it is marked with a tick) and you will go back to the full image plus filmstrip (you will not be asked to pay again).  From there you can select the second image you require and can download.

Transcriptions and NBI are merely finding aids.  They are NOT a substitute for original record entries.
Remember - "They'll be found when they want to be found" !!!
If you don't ask the question, you won't get an answer.
He/she who never made a mistake, never made anything.
Archbell - anywhere, any date
Kendall - WRY
Milner - WRY
Appleyard - WRY

Offline phil57

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: Friday 07 January 22 10:51 GMT (UK) »
As I said earlier - you have to start again from scratch.  So 1921 census - search for the name - select the item you have already purchased (it is marked with a tick) and you will go back to the full image plus filmstrip (you will not be asked to pay again).  From there you can select the second image you require and can download.

Ah, thank you :)
Hodges - Somerset
Murden - Notts