Author Topic: Dating and restoration Great grandmother Ellen McKever  (Read 651 times)

Offline M109r

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Dating and restoration Great grandmother Ellen McKever
« on: Wednesday 05 January 22 21:46 GMT (UK) »
Hi, I'd like to try to get an approximate date for when this photo of my great grandmother Ellen McKever was taken, the company on the back is listed as Electric Studios with what looks to me an address of 627 Gallowgate Glasgow, I've seen this company in another post but at a different address.
Also any assistance in restoring or advice on how i might try to restore it would be greatly.
Thanks

Offline M109r

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Dating and restoration
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 05 January 22 21:50 GMT (UK) »
Front of photo

Offline McGroger

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Convicts, Commoners and Outlaws
    • View Profile
Re: Dating and restoration Great grandmother Ellen McKever
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 06 January 22 21:54 GMT (UK) »
Welcome to Rootschat, M109r. :)

It might be advisable if you ask a moderator to move your posts to the main Photo Restoration and Dating board; you've posted it to the Tips and Tutorials sub-board where your requests might not be read by some potential restorers/daters.

Just click on the Report to Moderator button at the bottom right of this post or either of your posts.

Hope this helps.

Peter
Convicts: COSIER (1791); LEADBEATER (1791); SINGLETON (& PARKINSON) (1792); STROUD (1793); BARNES (aka SYDNEY) (1800); DAVIS (1804); CLARK (1806); TYLER (1810); COWEN (1818); ADAMS[ON] (1821); SMITH (1827); WHYBURN (1827); HARBORNE (1828).
Commoners: DOUGAN (1844); FORD (1849); JOHNSTON (1850); BEATTIE (& LONG) (1856); BRICKLEY (1883).
Outlaws: MCGREGOR (1883) & ass. clans, Glasgow, Glenquaich, Glenalmond and Glengyle.

Offline M109r

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 06 January 22 22:32 GMT (UK) »
Thanks Peter, i didn't realise i had done that, i appreciate the help.

Patrick

Online Treetotal

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Thursday 06 January 22 22:44 GMT (UK) »
Hi Patrick and welcome to RootsChat, if you follow Peter's advice and asked for it to be moved, we restorers will give it a tidy up for you. For best results and a good printout, a scan at a resolution of 300dpi is recommended. You can post a file size of up 500kbs on here.
Can you give us an idea of when she was born which will help with dating, my guess would be around 1920s or possibly 1930s.
Carol
CAPES Hull. KIRK  Leeds, Hull. JONES  Wales,  Lancashire. CARROLL Ireland, Lancashire, U.S.A. BROUGHTON Leicester, Goole, Hull BORRILL  Lincolnshire, Durham, Hull. GROOM  Wishbech, Hull. ANTHONY St. John's Nfld. BUCKNALL Lincolnshire, Hull. BUTT Harbour Grace, Newfoundland. PARSONS  Western Bay, Newfoundland. MONAGHAN  Ireland, U.S.A. PERRY Cheshire, Liverpool.

RESTORERS:PLEASE DO NOT USE MY RESTORES WITHOUT PRIOR PERMISSION - THANK YOU

Offline M109r

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Thursday 06 January 22 22:53 GMT (UK) »
Hi Carol,
Yes I've reported and asked for it to be moved, ill double check the resolution and see if i can get your suggested resolution as soon as im home. Ellen was born in glasgow in 1903, hope this helps

Online Treetotal

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Thursday 06 January 22 23:08 GMT (UK) »
Ok, my first instinct was 1920s and I think that is most likely.
Carol
CAPES Hull. KIRK  Leeds, Hull. JONES  Wales,  Lancashire. CARROLL Ireland, Lancashire, U.S.A. BROUGHTON Leicester, Goole, Hull BORRILL  Lincolnshire, Durham, Hull. GROOM  Wishbech, Hull. ANTHONY St. John's Nfld. BUCKNALL Lincolnshire, Hull. BUTT Harbour Grace, Newfoundland. PARSONS  Western Bay, Newfoundland. MONAGHAN  Ireland, U.S.A. PERRY Cheshire, Liverpool.

RESTORERS:PLEASE DO NOT USE MY RESTORES WITHOUT PRIOR PERMISSION - THANK YOU

Offline M109r

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Thursday 06 January 22 23:22 GMT (UK) »
Thanks Carol, i thought that to be the case but wanted the opinion of others who may know more than myself so thanks.
Patrick

Offline McGroger

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Convicts, Commoners and Outlaws
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Friday 07 January 22 03:12 GMT (UK) »
My try at a restore. :)
Peter
Convicts: COSIER (1791); LEADBEATER (1791); SINGLETON (& PARKINSON) (1792); STROUD (1793); BARNES (aka SYDNEY) (1800); DAVIS (1804); CLARK (1806); TYLER (1810); COWEN (1818); ADAMS[ON] (1821); SMITH (1827); WHYBURN (1827); HARBORNE (1828).
Commoners: DOUGAN (1844); FORD (1849); JOHNSTON (1850); BEATTIE (& LONG) (1856); BRICKLEY (1883).
Outlaws: MCGREGOR (1883) & ass. clans, Glasgow, Glenquaich, Glenalmond and Glengyle.