Author Topic: Patrick Graham Or Alfred Patrick Graham death certificate Northumberland 1938  (Read 206 times)

Offline OurAncestors

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Patrick Graham Or Alfred Patrick Graham death certificate Northumberland 1938
« Reply #9 on: Friday 07 January 22 14:52 GMT (UK) »
https://www.findagrave.com/memorial/235643206/alfred-patrick-graham

I have checked his burial entry and he has same name of Alfred on there.  Puzzling that there is a different address to that shown on death cert. 

I have added this info to Find A Grave - if you are on there too I will be happy to transfer this ancestor's memorial to you.

Church Bank Cemetery
Alfred Patrick Graham
Labourer
Age 64
25 Tyne (View?) Tce, W'ton Quay
Died at R.V.I. Newcastle
Burial 20 August 1938
Section G plot 211

I have been to visit that grave last year,  and even though it is a family plot which was purchased in perpetuity, it was unmarked and I was only able to locate it because NTC Bereavement put a  flag on it for me. I marked it on BillionGraves and uploaded the info. NTC has it as Patrick and Catherine, and a mystery family member purchased the plot. Yes, if you think it is definitely my ancestors' I would be happy to have the memorial transferred. I do have  a FindaGrave account! But I dont find the site easy to use. Still, strange about the name in the certificate. A couple of distant  cousins I met online are dubious about whether its "our" ancestor, because of the extra given name.
Johnson, Coleman, Graham, Dixon, Thewlis

Offline River Tyne Lass

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Patrick Graham Or Alfred Patrick Graham death certificate Northumberland 1938
« Reply #10 on: Friday 07 January 22 15:10 GMT (UK) »
I am very surprised that NTC have him just down as Patrick as the microfilm I have looked at shows the original entry which they will have.  Perhaps though it might be the grave register that they have with him down as just Patrick.
I have been given permission to attach a small section showing his written name in the entry.
Are you also by the same user name on Find A Grave - I would need to know this on here or by pm so I can transfer to you.
Conroy, Fitzpatrick, Watson, Miller, Davis/Davies, Brown, Senior, Dodds, Grieveson, Gamesby, Simpson, Rose, Gilboy, Malloy, Dalton, Young, Saint, Anderson, Allen, McKetterick, McCabe, Drummond, Parkinson, Armstrong, McCarroll, Innes, Marshall, Atkinson, Glendinning, Fenwick, Bonner

Offline OurAncestors

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Friday 07 January 22 15:12 GMT (UK) »

I have checked his burial entry and he has same name of Alfred on there.  Puzzling that there is a different address to that shown on death cert. 

I have added this info to Find A Grave - if you are on there too I will be happy to transfer this ancestor's memorial to you.

Church Bank Cemetery
Alfred Patrick Graham
Labourer
Age 64
Died at R.V.I. Newcastle
Burial 20 August 1938
Section G plot 211

I have been on the Find a grave site and suggested an edit. Hopefully that will allow you to contact me on there to transfer the memorial.

Offline River Tyne Lass

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Friday 07 January 22 15:19 GMT (UK) »
Yes, that worked .. now memorial is yours. :)
Conroy, Fitzpatrick, Watson, Miller, Davis/Davies, Brown, Senior, Dodds, Grieveson, Gamesby, Simpson, Rose, Gilboy, Malloy, Dalton, Young, Saint, Anderson, Allen, McKetterick, McCabe, Drummond, Parkinson, Armstrong, McCarroll, Innes, Marshall, Atkinson, Glendinning, Fenwick, Bonner

Offline OurAncestors

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Friday 07 January 22 16:01 GMT (UK) »

Church Bank Cemetery
Alfred Patrick Graham
Labourer
Age 64
Died at R.V.I. Newcastle
Burial 20 August 1938
Section G plot 211

on the certificate for alfred patrick it says he died at the city hospital for infectious diseases.
I did email NTC to check the  full name and address of the person buried in Church Bank but they havent got back to me yet.
Having visited the plot and gone to so much effort   to locate it  that I am invested in this being my ancestors, who I was never told about, other than that they were Roman Catholics with Irish roots.

Offline River Tyne Lass

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Friday 07 January 22 16:08 GMT (UK) »
The burial entry indicates the Royal Victoria Infirmary - this is in the city of Newcastle so perhaps this is what is meant.  Hopefully the office will respond back soon and confirm what I have found.

Offline River Tyne Lass

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Friday 07 January 22 16:22 GMT (UK) »
https://www.findagrave.com/memorial/235645298/catherine-graham?createdMemorial=Yes

Memorial for Catherine which I will transfer.
By the way, Tyne and Wear Archives hold the death records for Preston hospital where Catherine died, up to 1949 I think.  This also gives cause of death.  Thought I would mention just in case you ever get the chance to visit the archives in Newcastle.

Offline OurAncestors

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Friday 07 January 22 16:48 GMT (UK) »
The burial entry indicates the Royal Victoria Infirmary - this is in the city of Newcastle so perhaps this is what is meant.  Hopefully the office will respond back soon and confirm what I have found.

On the death cert for Alfred Patrick which I posted it clearly states City Hospital for Infectious Diseases. That is a different place... I wonder if it is in fact a different burial?  City Hospital for Infectious Diseases was originally in Bath Lane and known as Fever Hospital, then it moved to Walkergate. It was before the National Health Service.

Offline OurAncestors

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Saturday 15 January 22 13:47 GMT (UK) »
NTC have responded and I had the wrong grave plot number. They have confirmed it is definitely  RC G211.
I have been back to church bank cemetery and unfortunately could not locate a marked plot for them in RC G.
  Never mind, at least I have the correct details now.
They also told me who purchased the plot in 1948 and it  matches the name of a known family member, a "spinster" who i am also researching.
The widow of  Patrick,  Catherine Graham, resided at Tyne View Terrace, this matches her address on the death certificate. However  it states Patrick resided apart from her and at Back Church Street, Howdon.
Tyne View Terrace is very close to the place where the family lived for a long time, Stephenson Street, Willington Quay. I cannot find any map showing   Back Church Street.
Can it be that  in 1938 there was some reason why the widow would not want to state on the official record that:
 1. her husband and herself lived apart
 and  2. he died in the city hospital for infectious diseases?  Because it is definitely the same person and those are the "facts" on the death certificate. I know there was a lot of TB around at the time  which could be why Patrick was there, but that is not on the certificate either.