Author Topic: Sellers Family  (Read 6035 times)

Online CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
Re: Sellers Family
« Reply #9 on: Saturday 08 January 22 16:54 GMT (UK) »
Hi Pinetree

Grandfather was Jack per opening post & todays reply

Hi Rangers

Can you tell us your grandmothers name please?  As your father is now deceased - do you know what year he was born as we can get your grandmothers maiden name from his birth registration
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)

Offline Pinetree

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Saturday 08 January 22 17:26 GMT (UK) »
Hi CaroleW,

I based my information on the address given by Rangers. Bessie can be found there on the free to search index. The maiden name Parkinson is from the birth of another person at that address and marriage to George was the only one that fitted with Bessie Parkinson.

No sign of John Alexander so certainly doesn’t all fit but definitely a Sellers link to that address.

Pinetree
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Online CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Saturday 08 January 22 19:13 GMT (UK) »
Thanks Pinetree - makes sense now
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)

Online CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Saturday 08 January 22 19:32 GMT (UK) »
Rangers - do you have a copy of your own or your brothers birth certs?  Can you confirm the christian names shown for your father & his occupation as the name you mentioned as a possibility in an earlier reply does not link to the family found by Pinetree.

Pinetree's info certainly matches the address you have given

Offline Rangers

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Sunday 09 January 22 18:26 GMT (UK) »
Carol and Pintree, sorry about the delay getting back to you both. I tried to question my mother today when I visited her, but sometimes she doesn't even know me. I will have a look for birth certs. and see what I can find, the info you both have already is amazing. I tried that link but I'm not good at this stuff yet.
Pinetree, which site did you use please ?

Offline Pinetree

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Sunday 09 January 22 18:55 GMT (UK) »
Hi Rangers,

I looked up the address on the 1939 Register index on Findmypast. A subscription is needed to see the entry, we are not allowed to do look ups for this Register. 1939 Register is also available on Ancestry.

There is a member tree on Ancestry for this family, do you have access to Ancestry?

Pinetree
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Rangers

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Sunday 09 January 22 19:20 GMT (UK) »
Hi Pinetree,
I only have the 2 links posted. This is all new to me. I started doing a WW1 + WW2 sarch a while back, got most of my Northern Ireland side done. I found an inscription on the Thiepval Tower for Sellers of the Yorkshire Regt. and that got me onto my English side. Most of the local stuff was word of mouth, still have some family here. Because we were a navy family we spent most of our lives moving from place to place and never really got to know families apart from by name.