Author Topic: Canon Scanner/Printer  (Read 2211 times)

Offline collin

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Canon Scanner/Printer
« on: Saturday 08 January 22 13:57 GMT (UK) »
Hi
   I tried to scan a document to send to a friend today and the message came up   No scanners were detected, if a scanner is installed make sure it is powered on and connected then try again.
I have checked everything and still the same, it was fine last week.  It is a Canon Pixma MG5750, on the display window there are 3 icons,  Copy Scan & Cloud.  Copy seems to work manually, Scan isn't doing anything and Cloud has a red Error band and message saying  Cannot display the specified page. An error has occured while loading the page.
Does anyone know what has happened and can it be fixed?     Many Thanks
Collin Oldham Lancs   Rogers Dudley  Abbott  Ripley Derbys    Hartley Outwood Yorks

Offline purlin

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Crosbie, Crosby, Black, Woods, Johnstone, Kelly, Howatt, McMillan, Wauchope Scott, Smith, Gibbons, Roberts, Hildred, Jones, Hughes. Curran, Palmer. Hughes, Jones, Wilcox, wilbraham, owen
Liverpool, Dumfriesshire, Kirkudbrightshire, Cheshire, Flintshire, llanrwst, trefriw, Lincolnshire, America, Canada, New Zealand.

Offline collin

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Canon Scanner/Printer
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 08 January 22 16:21 GMT (UK) »
Thank you,  I clicked on the link but it is blank
Collin Oldham Lancs   Rogers Dudley  Abbott  Ripley Derbys    Hartley Outwood Yorks

Offline purlin

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 08 January 22 16:37 GMT (UK) »
Crosbie, Crosby, Black, Woods, Johnstone, Kelly, Howatt, McMillan, Wauchope Scott, Smith, Gibbons, Roberts, Hildred, Jones, Hughes. Curran, Palmer. Hughes, Jones, Wilcox, wilbraham, owen
Liverpool, Dumfriesshire, Kirkudbrightshire, Cheshire, Flintshire, llanrwst, trefriw, Lincolnshire, America, Canada, New Zealand.

Online Ashtone

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Saturday 08 January 22 16:45 GMT (UK) »
Are you using Windows 10? Have you tried running the Printer troubleshooter?
You'll find it in Settings>Update & Security>Troubleshoot>Printer

I think it also troubleshoots 2-in-1 printers with scanners.

Offline collin

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Saturday 08 January 22 16:55 GMT (UK) »
Hi yes Windows 10, I have found the manual so will give it a read before I start messing with it as I am not very technical at least now have an idea what the problem might be   Thank you

Offline collin

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Saturday 08 January 22 17:07 GMT (UK) »
I have run the trouble shooter and it said it was not the default printer  problem fixed but it isn't  sti;; saying bo scanner detected ?   Thank you

Offline bluesofa

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Sunday 09 January 22 00:23 GMT (UK) »
I find myself repeating purlin

As copy works manually, it sounds like the scanner itself is working and the problem lies in either the connections to the PC or software.  If you can print from the PC, then it sounds like the connection is fine. That leaves scanner drivers or software which may have become corrupted without you doing anything.

Perhaps try to update drivers first. Updating the software may solve the problem, but you may also end up with a new version of software to learn.

As well as purlin's links you may be able to get drivers/software directly from canon.co.uk
via Consumer > Support > Downloads & Help
after which you can enter MG5750 to find downloads relevant to your printer and computer.

Good luck, it's very frustrating when these things happen

Offline mckha489

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Sunday 09 January 22 00:38 GMT (UK) »
Are both your scanner and the device connected to the same wifi network?
I know that sounds stupid, but I have that issue sometimes when my iPad for reasons known to itself decides to connect to my phone hotspot rather than the house wifi.
Once both reset to same wifi. All ok.