Author Topic: Is this the same person? (Photos from 1979 and c1940s) Grandmother Monckton  (Read 1091 times)

Offline M_ONeill

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Is this the same person? (Photos from 1979 and c1940s) Grandmother Monckton
« Reply #9 on: Monday 10 January 22 05:12 GMT (UK) »
Thanks once again for all the replies everyone!

In terms of age, my grandmother did always look a little older than she was; she'd had ten children after all! She was only in her sixties when she died in the late 90s.

The other woman that Ohbodder identified did catch the eye of my mum and I as a potential relative. We think it's possible that it may be my grandmother's sister, Ivy. We can't easily tell though, as we have no photos of her.

Ivy was about eight years the elder, being born in 1921. Her married name was Garratt, and her husband's name was Horace John Garratt. Ivy died in 2004 and is buried in Neenton cemetery near Bridgnorth, Shropshire. Throwing the above out there into the aether just in case someone knows of her and might have a picture for comparison!

Interestingly, as a child my mum remembers her mother wearing her hair in a very similar way to the woman on the left. Worn long, brushed down forward and then rolled back up into position around the head. She only adopted the perm hairstyle in her later years.

Offline M_ONeill

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Friday 04 February 22 01:15 GMT (UK) »
An uncle sent through a photo of my grandmother that I'd never seen before. I think this one makes it super clear that the original photo is indeed the same person!

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Friday 04 February 22 09:33 GMT (UK) »
Yes - very much the same one  :)
Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

***Restorers - Please do not use my restores without my permission. Thanks***

Offline Treetotal

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Friday 04 February 22 10:40 GMT (UK) »
It's a yes from me.
Carol
CAPES Hull. KIRK  Leeds, Hull. JONES  Wales,  Lancashire. CARROLL Ireland, Lancashire, U.S.A. BROUGHTON Leicester, Goole, Hull BORRILL  Lincolnshire, Durham, Hull. GROOM  Wishbech, Hull. ANTHONY St. John's Nfld. BUCKNALL Lincolnshire, Hull. BUTT Harbour Grace, Newfoundland. PARSONS  Western Bay, Newfoundland. MONAGHAN  Ireland, U.S.A. PERRY Cheshire, Liverpool.

RESTORERS:PLEASE DO NOT USE MY RESTORES WITHOUT PRIOR PERMISSION - THANK YOU